• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Redesigned bounty system

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Right...
When I get killed by somebody who I can't kill e.g. I'm a vampire player and I want a striker player dead I can't really do much... now with the bounty system I've thought up it allows you to set a bounty on this player so that other people who can kill him/her can do and get a reward for it.

Firstly: I say bring back base bounty... straight 10% from the start more as a compensation for losses occured while hitting them.

Now to explain the system:
Every tick every player receives 1 bounty token, with these bounty tokens you can put them onto other players.
Say I have 100 bounty tokens and I want somebody killing I can put 100bounty tokens on the person, then the hole of bushtarion can see that this player has 100bounty tokens placed on their head.
If somebody attacks them and kills them they claim the bounty. The bounty tokens then add to your Bounty points score... 1 token = 1 point.
At the end of the round there can be a save of the top 25 bounty hunters in other words the top 25 with the highest bounty point score.

To stop abuse:
There needs to be some sort of limit on the amount of bounty tokens allowed to be set on that particular target, I was thinking something on the lines of: Total tokens allowed = (2000-rank of target)/2
This way it won't be possible for someone who has just started to get all their friends to set all their bounty points onto someone to get an easy win on the bounty rank.

Further more the amount of the bounty you claim is proportionate to the percentage of staff value you kill, so to gain 100% of the tokens set on the target you need to kill 100% of the target.

Hope I've explained it well enough, any thoughts?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: Redesigned bounty system

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums_old/vi ... hp?t=21229 :p

But yeah, with the removal of l/f and since BH-ing is so damn nice i think this is a very good suggestion :D

Edit : And since it really needs to be done something to discourage repeat attacking (outside war) and the l/f code is still around i think the government could use a variable from repeat attacks that can be used to calculate the total bounty on one player.
Sort of player A did 10 repeat attacks on a single id, his repeat attack variable gets higher, and that will be multiplied with the total bounty points put by players.
And in the end the bounty must be colected the same way as was done before, you must attack lawfully to get full bounty, else the top valuation ranks easly dominate in this rank.

But BH points alone might not be tempting enough for most, so the base 10% bounty would be a nice addition aswell :)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Hmmm... i think Cheese has some idea in here...
Transferrable bounty... thats something that should be considered a bit futher i think.
But no base bounty! Thats worst there has ever been and ever will.
Rewarding people of RAPING innosent nobos isnt and shouldnt be awarded. Also it raises ot factors that are not needed.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

1. 10% bounty it's quite small.
2. To rape an innocent noob and claim any decent bounty on him (over 60% your size but preferable 67%) you must be quite a bit of a noob yourself.
3. It gives incentive in higher ranks where are players with more experience to attack stronger companies for kills instead just flaking at lowest range for land and trying to hold it rest of the round. If the game is so much about valuation, players try to take the least damage atm.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I feel some kind of cash 'reward' for killing somebody is required... as with the current injury system there is more of an incentive to defend rather than attack... which defeats the purpose of a war game does it not?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

cheese, quite possibly the best suggestion of the last few rounds..

big thumbs up from me

CFalcon

Official Helper

Perhaps rather than simly having "bounty counters", each person gets 5% a day which they can put on someone's head. That can then be collected by anyone, the percentage being the amount of killed valuation the attacker gets back as funds.

Would need to be some constraints. The percentage on one person shouldn't be able to go above 90-100%. Also you shouldn't be able to put your percent on someone who has never damaged you? Otherwise you could just put the bounty on someone who is weak against you and then collect it yourself. You should be able to claim bounty you place, but not against just anyone you hack and think would be an easy kill. Making it so you can't claim any bounty you place would be a simpler solution, but maybe that's a bit extreme.

Perhaps also a limit to how much percentage can be put on your head each day? Would seem a bit harsh for an entire alliance to be able to use all their bounty on one person, giving the target 90%, and being able to do that each day.

The percentage could either decay over time, or it could disappear completely once collected.

I like the idea of bounty hunting in principle, but it's gotta be done properly.

Chewie

Pruner

i like the idea from what ive heard so far. Waiting for some constructive critisism on it though from somebody so it can be really weighed up.

Her are some suggestions i though of after reading this inspirational topic.

Make the way that bounty is calculated changed. The current system is whoever has done the most damage to you not taking into consideration how much damage you have done to them. i think this calculation should be changed to Amount of damage recieved - Amount of damage done. This way after you seek vengance this player isnt stuck at the top of you bounty list with 0% bounty.

I think there should be an option to transfer the bounty onto a player in you alliance who is between 100-70% of the the offenders score range and once the bounty has been transfered it is halved e.g. if he has 42% bounty for you he will have 21% if transfered.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

IMO bounty is stupid unless you can make cash on it. just getting a stat may be okay. but its still rather dull.

but if bounty gave a cash reward people attack honourablly get back most units lost and make cash. it will only lead to rushes like before. pure lethal rushes.
which would end up being profitable. and could be carried out every 12 ticks when the injuries return. and the bounty will remain on a target once placed until the person decides to move it to another target.

in this way i dont think it will be possible to have a bounty system like this for cash. i admit no one has said lets give more than 10%base bounty as cash. your more on about a points system. but what im trying to say is unless the points system gives a bit more i dont see it being as popular, and i dont think cash will work with injuries.

imo i dont care about being on the portal for bounty hunting if my route doesnt kill stuff as universally as say a robo. so i wont be going for bounty ranking. wont bother risking troops to collect "bounty points" off a more difficult target. if i get 10% base bounty cash off every target (honourable target).

so now we're stuck. cant give cash. but its boring otherwise. all you get is portal status. so maybe in addition a reward for making portal or being rank 1 top ten etc.
i say maybe there needs to be a little more incentive. Maybe a tittle in the following round, or a pointless unit just there for show

like effectiveness. no one cares. value is fun even if all you get is making the portal. because being bigger than people is fun. massive battles are fun. etc etc.

any one agree with my opinion?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Then how about working a formula out which takes into consideration rank and how much tokens are put on a target... giving them a bounty % which gives you that % back?
And obviously put it so the bounty takes 18 ticks to be implimented, so you can't just save tokens and put them on a target your mates hitting instantly.