PS3 or Xbox 360??

mrmongo

Harvester
PS3 over XBOX anyday, take a look inside them and see how shoddy an XBOX is... graphics are worse... and controllers are ***** too.. i mean wtf is with RB and LB why not just have triggers on for both shoulder buttons... the only pro of an XBOX control is maybe the little hole in the joystick... but still i got on with PS3 control fine enough... also paying for online... = shiiite.

Ive been PS since PS1 so im a commited sony gamer... also get a blu ray player... SOLD!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Microsoft: rushes to produce units ahead of Sony for a competative advantage. Failure rates of early models defy explanation. Probably one of the worst product launches in history with regards to product failure. Sells probably at least 20% extra consoles due to shitty quality....Profit!

Get an Xbox, enjoy being a Microsoft guinea pig

Sony: Wait the extra few months. Produce console that has better tech and functions and works. Quality garunteed. Consumer win.

Get a PS3, get your moneys worth.

*im just trolling :p
I know MS have finally got their **** together :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
PS3 over XBOX anyday, take a look inside them and see how shoddy an XBOX is... graphics are worse... and controllers are ***** too.. i mean wtf is with RB and LB why not just have triggers on for both shoulder buttons... the only pro of an XBOX control is maybe the little hole in the joystick... but still i got on with PS3 control fine enough... also paying for online... = shiiite.

Ive been PS since PS1 so im a commited sony gamer... also get a blu ray player... SOLD!

I own an xbox. My friend owns a ps3. I've played both extensively.
Gaphics are indistinguishable to the average user.

The xbox controller is vastly superior. They're far more comfortable for my hands, playing marathon console sessions I've found my hands cramp a lot harder and worse on the ps3 controller. I like that the xbox controller is bigger, it provides a bigger surface area to grip and is smoother for the edges of my hands.

As for LB and RB, what the **** are you smoking? Both controllers have triggers and both have buttons abovethe triggers. The xbox design is superior IMO because the button is longer and edges closer to the users fingers which make using the trigger and right or left button simultaneously that much easier.

As for the thumb sticks, I genuinely prefer the design of the xbox over PS except that the surface usually has a few little nubs to provide grip (I assume) and that shot hurts after several hours, especially if you use them a lot. The PS surface is superior but having the flatter surface area I think I like more.

As for online play, xbox live is quite simply worth the price. The PSN is pretty shitty from everything I've seen about it. Even the design is less aesthetically pleasing to use. I would rather have a superior system and pay for it, rather than a shitty free one. And to be honest, XBL isn't all the expensive in the grand scheme of things if you have a job of any sort. The PSN seems to be more unreliable in general and has had quite a few system failures, not to mention Microsoft hasn't yet been hacked and given away thir entire user database worth of information to the highest bidder ;)

Undeniably the PS3 was a better product than the Xbox 360 initially as tim said. However, since Microsoft got their head in the game they are now the clear winners. Everyone knows it.

Blu ray player is the only advantage, and those are not worth getting an inferior product. If I had a penny for everytime I had heard the "Blu Ray Player Defense", I would have a billion dollars. If you have to resort to a blu ray player as a reason why you are buying a 400$ console, then I think that explains it, you have an inferior product which relies on non gaming accessories to be sold. You can buy blu ray players, they're not uber expensive anymore.

Also, XBL will soon (maybe is already) offering online tv and movie streaming. Which will kick the crap out of PS. Bye bye! Take your inferior crap and peddle it anywhere else you like.

With E3 out of the way and the sun beginning to set on the current generation of home entertainment consoles, recently released sales figures have revealed that Microsoft's Xbox 360 is currently beating Sony's PS3 in overall sales.

Microsoft Xbox 360
A report released earlier this week revealed that the Xbox 360 is for the eleventh month on-the-trot the U.S.'s highest selling console.

According to the data released by the NPD Group, the Xbox 360 managed to shift 270,000 units this May -- a 39 per cent increase since last year.

The console managed to be the number one selling console for 11 out of the last 12 months and has seen 17 months of year-on-year sales growth.

Since the report, Microsoft released a statement promising that its console's seventh year would be its most successful, "And if anyone has any doubt that 2011 continues to be the year of Xbox 360, check out the latest numbers from NPD Group, an independent market research firm that tracks the digital entertainment industry."

Sony PlayStation 3 sales

The same report found that sales of Sony's PS3 hardware were up 14 per cent year on year.

The report highlighted the numerous troubles the company has had over the year as a possible reason for the recent slow-down in PS3 sales.

The biggest of these included the earthquake that devastated Japan and the slew of cyber security breaches it's suffered.

During the initial PlayStation Network outage that left up to 100 million PSN account holders' personal and billing information compromised, big-name retailers GAME and HMV published record PS3 trade-in statistics and a marked increase in Xbox 360 sales.
And thusly PS3 is crappier :p

Get a PS3, get your moneys worth.

*im just trolling :p
I know MS have finally got their **** together :)

Get your money's worth? Lol. Surely you must mean get your credit card information stolen ;)

I know you're trolling. Xbox is far more awesome. ;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
100 million! just round off 77 to the nearest hundred! (also, thats number of accounts, only half that many consoles have actually been sold. I have like 4 accounts just cos i can. My bros have acounts on my ps3 too. People just make more accounts cos they keep lvl10 prestiguing in COD, etc etc, ie the number of accounts with credit car info is alot less)
Anyway, credit card data was encrypted.

However, personal info was not, poor form there indeed.

btw, alot of the discussion going on it opinion based (eg Alci loves his Xbox controls, whereas i prefer PS3 but care less, alci loves use interface, while i find XMB easy enough to navigate and dont care at all, alci loves his online play and the money is worth it whereas i only use online to play games so wouldnt know the difference and hence PS3 being free is better, people like Halo, others like Heavy Rain (i like resistance and ratchet and clank alot :p) etc etc) - (alci, i only just read your post, so your points were refreshed in my mind :p)

btw, PS3 owners, annoyed by flat batteries and no spare controller?
Buy a <$1 USB extension or two off ebay.

and i can alsready access a couple of the main TV stations online via my Console...i can also get a PlayTV which turns my ps3 into a twin HD HDD recorder.

Max

Garden Designer
Alci loves to play his Xbox,
He tells us that it simply rocks!
He doesn't get cramp,
Online play is champ,
Security has better locks.

Tim loves to play his PS3,
Quality he can guarantee.
With awesome graphics,
And the network fixed,
PLUS a blue-ray player you see.

Though faces turned purple and red,
Each thought they were right in the head.
On balance, hmm... well...
It is safe to tell...
I'll stick to the PC instead.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Max rules!!!

I know it's mostly opinion based, I was merely stating my opinion having used both systems. I also have a soft spot for Microsoft. They've been ****ing with my tech life for so long it's nice to finally have a quality product. :D

mrmongo

Harvester
I own an xbox. My friend owns a ps3. I've played both extensively.
Gaphics are indistinguishable to the average user.

The xbox controller is vastly superior. They're far more comfortable for my hands, playing marathon console sessions I've found my hands cramp a lot harder and worse on the ps3 controller. I like that the xbox controller is bigger, it provides a bigger surface area to grip and is smoother for the edges of my hands.

As for LB and RB, what the **** are you smoking? Both controllers have triggers and both have buttons abovethe triggers. The xbox design is superior IMO because the button is longer and edges closer to the users fingers which make using the trigger and right or left button simultaneously that much easier.

As for the thumb sticks, I genuinely prefer the design of the xbox over PS except that the surface usually has a few little nubs to provide grip (I assume) and that shot hurts after several hours, especially if you use them a lot. The PS surface is superior but having the flatter surface area I think I like more.

As for online play, xbox live is quite simply worth the price. The PSN is pretty shitty from everything I've seen about it. Even the design is less aesthetically pleasing to use. I would rather have a superior system and pay for it, rather than a shitty free one. And to be honest, XBL isn't all the expensive in the grand scheme of things if you have a job of any sort. The PSN seems to be more unreliable in general and has had quite a few system failures, not to mention Microsoft hasn't yet been hacked and given away thir entire user database worth of information to the highest bidder ;)

Undeniably the PS3 was a better product than the Xbox 360 initially as tim said. However, since Microsoft got their head in the game they are now the clear winners. Everyone knows it.

Blu ray player is the only advantage, and those are not worth getting an inferior product. If I had a penny for everytime I had heard the "Blu Ray Player Defense", I would have a billion dollars. If you have to resort to a blu ray player as a reason why you are buying a 400$ console, then I think that explains it, you have an inferior product which relies on non gaming accessories to be sold. You can buy blu ray players, they're not uber expensive anymore.

Also, XBL will soon (maybe is already) offering online tv and movie streaming. Which will kick the crap out of PS. Bye bye! Take your inferior crap and peddle it anywhere else you like.

By the LB RB button i mean that they are more protruding on the PS3 controller and just ***** on the xbox controller, hardly there at all.
I guess confort on controllers comes to personal preference because i feel exactly the same about xbox ones, they are oversized and uncomfortable to the extent that the N64 controls were.

I dont know what the ashetically pleasing bit is about... i find the PS3 layout straightforward and easy to use whereas the xbox system confuses the **** out of me. Once again im sure this comes down to preference and experience. The only problems online i ever seem to get are from EA servers.. on FIFA and BF, but then when my PS3 was wired via ethernet cable it was a lot more reliable... a max of 60% wiresless signal is kinda annoying :(

Dont forget that with the Blu Ray player comes Blu Ray discs, meaning your games are a lot sturdier and less prone to sctatch damage

And i think you'll find that PS3 already has LoveFilm and all the catch up TV channels BBC Iplayer, 4OD, ITV OD, MUBI

The PS3 is no way an inferior product.. the build quality, processor and graphic ability, hardiness far surpass the xbox... i know this from seeing them inside out as my friend runs a business in repairing PS3 Xbox Wi etc

timtadams

Landscape Designer
haha, awesome max :D

(must spread more rep before giving it to max again) :(
Dont forget that with the Blu Ray player comes Blu Ray discs, meaning your games are a lot sturdier and less prone to sctatch damage

aye, this is a very good point. I already knew this, but ive heard someone of the opinion that because the discs have finer tracks, they would be more prone to scratch damage. Kinda counter intuitive hey.

But im still heaps careful with my discs. After 3 years, i think there still isnt a single fingerprint on any of my discs :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I use the cases my discs came in. So, no damage. Also at my local video game store I can get a guarantee on my games for an extra couple dollars which means they replace the game disc if it gets scratched or broken.

Either way though, whatever makes you happy, although I think overall Microsoft delivers a better product but it doesn't really matter I suppose ;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
the build quality, processor and graphic ability, hardiness far surpass the xbox...

I'm sorry but this just doesn't carry any weight for me - My eye-sight is as good as anyone else's but I just don't see even a small improvement in graphics on the PS3, over the 360.

A high end gaming PC, sure, is noticeably better than the Xbox 360, you can see a visual improvement - But boasting the same of the PS3 is extremely far fetched and pretty much always has been.

-

I've forever been a Sony fanboy, and I'll always love Playstation. The fact of the matter is, for me, Xbox 360 is the better console because - at least in the UK, xbox is a far more popular product (for whatever reason, better marketing etc). The result of this is that most people I know favour and play a 360. The online, therefore, is far, far better than the PSN. I don't want to play with strangers - I want to play with people I know.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
in the UK, xbox is a far more popular product (for whatever reason, better marketing etc). The result of this is that most people I know favour and play a 360. The online, therefore, is far, far better than the PSN. I don't want to play with strangers - I want to play with people I know.

Are the numbers really that significant? Because the difference between 3 and 3.3 million aint that much. (i dont actually know the numbers)
But, I know what you mean. Most of my friends have Xbox's so i cant play online with them (even though xbox to ps3 sales is 1 to 1.1m respectively). If i could i would use my mic (if i could find it)
but they mostly dont play online anyway (b*tches gonna be b*tches)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Of course the numbers of active online users is significant. If I meet someone new, or find that a friend also plays games online - Whether they play Xbox Live of PSN is of massive importance if I'm going to enjoy playing games with them :p

When we talk about what console is better, I think hardware specs can be basically put aside - there's nothing to separate the 360 and PS3 in terms of graphics performance (apart from perhaps actual hardware specs, but games being produced, even today, aren't showing off the PS3's superior firepower - and thus, there is no difference and therefore no practical advantage).

That leaves us with a comparison of Online play - And every major gaming website agrees xbox live has a far more sleek, fine tuned feel than PSN. As aforementioned, that isn't of great importance to me - What is is that I'm using the same gaming platform as the majority of my friends. For me, personally, that means XBOX Live comes out way, way in front.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Of course the numbers of active online users is significant. If I meet someone new, or find that a friend also plays games online - Whether they play Xbox Live of PSN is of massive importance if I'm going to enjoy playing games with them :p

When we talk about what console is better, I think hardware specs can be basically put aside - there's nothing to separate the 360 and PS3 in terms of graphics performance (apart from perhaps actual hardware specs, but games being produced, even today, aren't showing off the PS3's superior firepower - and thus, there is no difference and therefore no practical advantage).

That leaves us with a comparison of Online play - And every major gaming website agrees xbox live has a far more sleek, fine tuned feel than PSN. As aforementioned, that isn't of great importance to me - What is is that I'm using the same gaming platform as the majority of my friends. For me, personally, that means XBOX Live comes out way, way in front.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
anyone know a good deal for an xbox 360? like bundles or something?

Also is 4gb hard drive space enough?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
4gb is not big enough. Check your local electronics retailer for deals, there are usually all manner of promos going on for Xbox.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Ive pretty much scanned this...although I own a PS3, and the brother owns an Xbox. I admit Xbox is better, and have always thought this.

Mainly because the PS3 connection for me is alot poorer. Black ops on xbox works perfectly. Switch onto PS3 and it lags? Stupid.

Only good thing about PS3 is the membership is free + blueray.

Xbox has always won for me