Prest, at a glance.

Ryu

Pruner
These accounts and events are being recalled from MY point of view.

Lately, I've been reading a lot about Prest and how "bad" it was. Hopefully I can clear a few things up.

First of all, let's squash these lies about stealing members. Prest never stole a single member from anywhere. Granted, a lot of the players came from other alliances doesn't constitute stealing. Any member accepted into Prest was either unhappy with where they used to be, were new, or were solo. Plain and simple facts. If our members came from your alliance, tough luck - you don't own them.. maybe next time keep them happy.

Now, Prest was a late blooming alliance that was completely behind the tech curve and still managed to pull off a high rank. We were fighting fully teched incoming with hippy/yob and if lucky enough our first tier units. The alliance started completely as a 'For the Fun' alliance, but took a turn for FTW when we started climbing the ranks. This caused us to lose 1 or 2 people who weren't on board for this style of play. Regardless of the player loss, and player gain - Prest managed to peak out at rank 3 with more land than every alliance around us (Except History of course) and IMO; We might have stayed there had Shr3k not been feeding Oxy the info they needed to take us down. Piss poor playing if you ask me. Oddly enough, every time someone was UC or on Holiday they'd get rushed..

This marked the downfall really. Once History broke up a few people went with the new one with hopes of killing Oxy and others, for fun I suppose. (I think Hero, Swat, and another if I remember correctly.) Left those in Prest in a sticky situation, especially me being so high ranked at the time - left us sitting ducks. Time and time went by, more people left or went on holiday. One morning I get a text around 4 am, so I logged on. About 5 or 6 people were leaving to join Comeuppance, and the invite was extended my way.. I took it.

This is my sincere apology to those left behind to fend for themselves, I'm sorry things went this way.

That's all I really have to say for now, comment or add below. Don't ruin my post.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Stealing members aside, how many people did you kick/rape unwillingly to get these 'non-stolen members'? There were quite a few, at least 10 plus, possibly 20, can you REALLY justify ALL of them? Replacing someone in an alliance should be a pretty big deal, it shouldn't be a daily, or even a weekly occurrence, yet Prest made it a twice a day special.

You joined CU. You apologize, but are you really sorry? You obviously didn't feel loyal enough to stay with them and try to keep the alliance together/alive. Don't you think it was a bit shady to just ditch ~12-15 members of your alliance and join another one? Do you think you would have gotten a bit more satisfaction by working with the same alliance you've been in since the start than jumping to another one?

An apology when you'd do the same still seems nice, but a bit pointless and meaningless.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Don't forget I had this same problem last round - It's all covered territory.
http://bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4152

Our difference is where Prest became FTW, Finale was half and half, there were 12 players who were playing with activity and contactability, and there were 8 who continued to play FTF. Regrettably, two were left behind, and the other ten moved to Silence's alliance {which laughably, also collapsed due to paranoia and greed}.
I've been in alliances that were well below my rank average before {notably Rise Against, and Rebel will back me on the state of his alliance before I joined} - It is still possible to survive, and spend the limited time before you are killed by helping to teach and nurture those who are new or low-ranked til they become competent enough to take care of each other.
I think ultimately, the call for keeping your rank was greater than that of looking after those who were left behind. But that's merely my opinion. I will however give kudos because you have finally made an attempt at explaining your own actions, at least.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
lol I don't know entirely what Shr3k did, but as soon as I joined Oxy(halfway through the round) Martin banned shr3k from the alliance chan and claimed he would leave if he continued to spy for us, because.. well we were bigger than Prest and spying is generally stupid. And of course noone wanted to kick Martin, so as far as I know the spying stopped.

Ryu

Pruner
@ Iamsmart - No one was K/R'ed for the guys from Oxy to Prest, from what I remember.. Maybe one or 2, but they barely played as it was. And yes, I mean the apology. But we didn't leave behind 10 or 12 people.. seemed more like 4 or 5. I wasn't going to stick it out with people who were on holiday.. that's plain silly.

@ Shadowbane - Shr3k stopped spying once he was kick/raped. We had the intention of trying to use him against Oxy and lie in Pols/IRC and what not.. but we got fed up. Shr3k getting kicked off IRC for Flooding while we had tons of inc was just a clear sign of spying.

edd

Tree Surgeon
First off, you can't claim you were unteched when you had players like hero, swat and beckett who were some of the most teched players in oxy.

Secondly, Shr3k came to us with info up to twice a day(and told us little info you didn't know about oxy because of the number of ex-oxy players you had) about 2-3 days before prest disbanded completely and it lasted 2 days. We did not plant him as a spy. You had already fallen behind 20bil behind oxy at that point and that was because your successful defenses depended on Recon being there. Like you said, if you can't keep your own players happy, that's tough luck.

Zaheen

BANNED
Stealing members aside, how many people did you kick/rape unwillingly to get these 'non-stolen members'? There were quite a few, at least 10 plus, possibly 20, can you REALLY justify ALL of them? Replacing someone in an alliance should be a pretty big deal, it shouldn't be a daily, or even a weekly occurrence, yet Prest made it a twice a day special.

You joined CU. You apologize, but are you really sorry? You obviously didn't feel loyal enough to stay with them and try to keep the alliance together/alive. Don't you think it was a bit shady to just ditch ~12-15 members of your alliance and join another one? Do you think you would have gotten a bit more satisfaction by working with the same alliance you've been in since the start than jumping to another one?

An apology when you'd do the same still seems nice, but a bit pointless and meaningless.

Ok look Ryu, even sent me hate mail (along with Polo and a few others) when I joined History for like 24 hours. But why would he apologise when he's not sorry?

Ryu isn't a liar, a hypocrite maybe, but he's not a liar - and he ship jumped because he wanted to, he doesn't have to explain it.

Personally I jumped because Prest was eating up too much of my time. I wanted to play with CK a bit, and IceOfFire wasn't in there at the time, I didn't have a problem with anybody in there, and it was half full, they were about to be bashed out anyway. But my fun ended when they split, and I went back to solo, I then got bored and deleted.

Ryu

Pruner
I've said what I wanted to say, and will not argue with people. Say what's on your mind and that's that.

But for the record Ed, our defense didn't rely on Recon. ;)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
@ Iamsmart - No one was K/R'ed for the guys from Oxy to Prest, from what I remember.. Maybe one or 2, but they barely played as it was. And yes, I mean the apology. But we didn't leave behind 10 or 12 people.. seemed more like 4 or 5. I wasn't going to stick it out with people who were on holiday.. that's plain silly.

@ Shadowbane - Shr3k stopped spying once he was kick/raped. We had the intention of trying to use him against Oxy and lie in Pols/IRC and what not.. but we got fed up. Shr3k getting kicked off IRC for Flooding while we had tons of inc was just a clear sign of spying.

I'm calling bullshit tbh. There's no way you kicked 10-20+ people who were all inactive and who were all willing to be kicked. Maybe in YOUR opinion they weren't active enough, but there's a fine line between being inactive, and being inactive enough to be kick/raped. Sometimes you have to give players a chance. You shouldn't replace them just because someone better comes along.

People go on holiday. It's the summer. You didn't even start off as a ftw alliance for gods sake, christ, even rank 2 had loads of players go on vacation this round, you didn't see us kick them all or leave them behind for a new alliance. It's not silly. It's called loyalty, if you went on vacation during a round I think you might want to come back to an account still playable.

Ryu

Pruner
The rate of which people were leaving was almost equivalent to those coming in.

When it comes down to it.. I play this game to have fun. I wasn't having fun with the state of the alliance, and I wouldn't have had fun playing with 4 or 5 people who could care less about what was happening. I wasn't the leader, it wasn't my responsibility.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Generally the amount of people who leave is equal to the amount that joins, yes.. :p

It's not your responsibility? That's bullshit. Every member is responsible for defense and being loyal to an alliance. You're supposed to develop some sort of trust and friendship in your alliance. The fact that you've been gloating about your alliance (Prest) so much recently would indicate you did have that. The reason shipjumping is so frowned upon is because you break that simple trust and friendship by screwing the people over who have defended you for a long time.

Yeah, games are supposed to be fun. But the main reason this game is fun is the people you get to play with and chat with. The amount of time I spend on this game makes it a little more than 'just a game' to me, I value my friends over something to make your life easier such as shipjumping.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Trustworthiness and the ability to be got along with I believe is one of the most vital attributes for a player in this game. If you want a good group of people to play with, you will possess these things. If you enjoy dickslapping each other every round for glorious lols, then be a knobjock. Simple, really.

Zaheen

BANNED
Quite disturbing when people keep talking about dicks and knobs all the time, what are you gay or something?

I'm sure words like that aren't allowed, last time I read the rules.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Quite disturbing when people keep talking about dicks and knobs all the time, what are you gay or something?

I'm sure words like that aren't allowed, last time I read the rules.

I could quite happily use penis-affiliated terms all day long without the worries of homosexuality setting in. It's when you start slapping/riding/touching them that you need to be worrying.

penguin

Official Helper
I honestly don't care what prest did with dfajsfkasdjfksdaf;jak and splitting to create a new 'rank 1' alliance, but what I do know is what happened while I was in there.
I joined at round start and teched my happy butt up to SAs as fast as I could [which wasn't fast enough, apparently]. I was working around 40+ hours a week (from not working for 5 months) and I had full contactability while I was home, but at work, I do about 5k days some times and I cannot get online when I'm that busy (that 5k is in seven hours btw). They had intel from another alliance (big freaking whoop) that fjsdfal;jk and afljds;alf were both planning an alliance attack on us and someone who can view mail posted it and I replied in the thread explaining why I cba to get up at noon after two hours of sleep to send an hour worth of defense (send, stay for the three ticks, maybe, then go to work) and go work a 5k day (with double coverage - 8 hours).. I went to work the next day still in the alliance and came home with no alliance and all my staff. Ok, yeah, they must have a reason to kick me (because I wouldn't get online because someone had some intel about two alliances teaming up [which probably never happened, I don't know] to attack the crap out of us), the leader promised that the members of the alliance will not attack me if I don't plan a mass attack on them, I gave him my word (which stuck) and he gave me his. I logged off for the night and I logged back on the next day to 1k+ land gone and NO troops at all, and none other than prest's members did that. I really don't care that I got zeroed, but you don't promise someone you kicked for a stupid reason that your members won't zero you and your member zeroes them anyways. Moral.

Granted they had reasons to kick people and get newer people in the beginning of the round; however, later in the round, if they did that still, there really wasn't a reason. They did have a good crew for a little while until people decided the crew they had wasn't good enough - yet, the alliance, IMO, fell apart because of those decisions. After that, I didn't pay attention at all to other alliances let alone the alliance I was in, so I'm pretty much clueless. But I will say this:

My time in prest was a waste of a month of the round, if it was a month, badly lead alliance IMO.

ADDED: I also told the leader the alliance ID list stuck with them, and it did.. I never actually attempted to get the ID list again :p I went inactive.. oober inactive.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
First off, you can't claim you were unteched when you had players like hero, swat and beckett who were some of the most teched players in oxy.

Secondly, Shr3k came to us with info up to twice a day(and told us little info you didn't know about oxy because of the number of ex-oxy players you had) about 2-3 days before prest disbanded completely and it lasted 2 days. We did not plant him as a spy. You had already fallen behind 20bil behind oxy at that point and that was because your successful defenses depended on Recon being there. Like you said, if you can't keep your own players happy, that's tough luck.

and i thought you were in touch with what was going on edd...

lol the people that were most helpful at defending prestwere on the top of the defensive stats page. those that organised it. me ryu ant saintconnor, koenjie before he left, and sometimes recon anyone that was on and capable. It didnt all hinge on recon. infact we did fine when it was just me ryu and saint connor, hugo and ant organising. with everyone else afk at history or on holiday. we only properly crumbled when those that were good members went to comuppance. before that the gap between oxy and prest would shift every so often.

swat becket and hero joined once we had teched, and were fighting off oxy about halfway through the round.. Yes we did have alot of underteched members well before that, when every allaince raped us for land. and then slowly but surely we got that land back by double from every single one of them.. i know because i was the only person in the allainces that was teched at one point!

as for shr3k.....well he can go play witch matches in a gasoline soaked car for all i care about that mug....cut me deep... especailly after me helping him bribe. but thats the nature of being stabbed in the back. you cant see it very easily but it still leaves a scar.

Caranthir

Harvester
Clearly you people are talking about different points in the round. Ed is talking about when Hero jumped and was already fully teched, and you are talking about before he jumped... which, obviously, are not the same at all.

When someone talks about what happened after 8 players left Oxy to join Prest, you can't counter his argument with stats before they joined. It doesn't work like that.