one big sucky thing

mrmongo

Harvester
right my pal augustus was high flying high score high land lots of units big income etc... and now he has gone inactive for a bit... now his activity is his choice but imagine if he had gone on holiday or something. Now in the space of a week his land has been reduced to 700 odd his troops almost bribed into oblivion and now his stored seeds and plants being eaten by seed thiefs. The big ******* for him is he is 7bill score cause of his 4trill funds. See i think thats messed up. I know age 5 is coming or whatever and these things might be changed but still doesnt change the fact of whats happened to him now or any other player who goes offline by choice for a period of time and comes back to find they have nothing... not only no troops but no seeds no land NOTHING
It seems aswell like the same repeat attacker whose cupboard was bare sending attack after attack aswellmaking profit of this poor mans misfortune. Are seed thiefs really necessary? Why should we be allowed to steal that persons crop. Why would that person who comes back from activity loss wanna continue playing?
Just some thoughts....

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: one big sucky thing

Sleepmode.

Players are usually pretty invulnerable as a result of injuries and AR.

however, i think in this case, Augustus may have made a few enemies/had a few people target him who found him to be inactive, and raped him into the ground. Sadly this will happen anywhere, but if he was going to be that inactive he should have hit sleepmode i think. You can't blame people for killing a player...

mrmongo

Harvester

oh im not arguing about killing him its just the extent of it.... killed his units killed his land then take all his seeds and plants etc... could even destroy his funds if they wanted to. Thats what i think is harsh. Im sure some people would say that its just a waste if someone gives up with loadsa seeds and plants in their larder and we shud be able to take it to stop it going to waste blah blah... but still imagin if that person went to hospital for a collapsed lung or something then were in for a few weeks and then they come back and suffer a heart attack due to all their land units seeds plants and funds robbed raw! (though im sure after a near death experience they might have more pressing things on their mind than going back to their bush account lol)

Or what if that persons connection randomly dies due to technical difficulties and they dont have chance to hit sleep cause well technical difficulties wontlet em lol oh and the same day they drop their phone and it breaks so they cant use that either...and all their friends and internet connections in libraries and internet cafes suffer some strange bug which stops em all working or their country get bombed crazy and all the lights go out........... just think of these things lol

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol at your described scenario there!

But yeah sleepmode is your friend...

However, i do think the lack of injuries from bribes does need to be changed (i know it wasnt the exact topic of your thread but you mentioned bribes...lol) as whether or not the troops are still in the game YOU still do not have them when you log back on...but instead find a crappy tiny amount of injured on the way from millions lost...tis bad times and makes no sense...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i relish the idea of being able to completely wipe out an opponent, down to him really being zeroed, and having no frunds, no seeds, and no plants. i love it. that's how wars should be fought.... don't let it goooooooooooooooooooooo

Alvestein

Garden Designer

how about we make it so that when you attack someone instead of units dying or getting bribed, they just get their feelings hurt for a little bit but then a carebear comes along and gives them a hug and everyones happy again? :D

on a more serious note, in my opinion if the attacker had enough determination to rape him over and over again (takes a long time due to stupid injuries) then he deserves to take his seeds,land,women,etc. this is a war game damnit, make it so people actually die!

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Stocking a large amount of cash while having low troops it's not a great ideea. He gets low ar mod from units killed/bribed since he looses a small percentage of real score (4 tril give 8 bil score so according to the score you saying there he is like all funds :) ) And even if he gets to a high ar mod it's hard to trigger since again the 4 tril cash alone make so the triggering score is increased with 580 billions (troop cost). So on low land, with some seeds and pretty much no army @ 90 ar mod somebody can send about 20 mil seed thiefs and won't trigger.
I think it was a bad tactical play but you learn from mistakes :) Sleep mode for a week or just spending all cash before going was imo a better option.

However the repeat attacking is another problem .. guess l/f had some good sides.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

I speak from experience that being a low ranked inactive solo (which is after all what most people who begin playing this game are) is rather demotivating.
You get some land, keep it a few days, have some seeds stocked up, log in again to see:
1. No more troops.
2. No more land.
And that's already quite demotivating, but when I started that was it. Now you also have:
3. No more seeds.
And perhaps:
4. No more cash.

Now frankly if I were starting this round, and suffered the bs I suffered this round, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't come back for a second round.
Anyway, I'm not saying this is due to the game, imho it's more about players seeing an inactive target and attacking it over and over again. In my case here, I started, got a bit landfat, then got inactive, got briberruns of the same guy until I had 0 basics left, then lost all my land and seeds (also repeated attack, which I might add still gives you the max 15% seeds).

It's not that I care, because I'm quite happy with my retirement, but in a time where everyone is all about "getting new players", you'd think the attitude would be more about allowing other players to have fun, instead of this kind of nonsense.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Well to be honest, if he was score queening and sitting on loads of cash it was mostly his fault. Rounds ago, this used to be a huge problem and the game became quite stale as rank 2-4 alliances used to sit on cash/seeds with little troops and whore land and spend up last few ticks. So the fact that this huge problem was overcome and has caused him to be milked dry is clearly his own fault.

Altho, repeat attacking is a problem i agree, but dont make him out to be hard done by :p
As DS said, l/f system worked perfectly here, even if he was confusing and not always understandable :p

Terrakan

Harvester

Alcibiades said:
i relish the idea of being able to completely wipe out an opponent, down to him really being zeroed, and having no frunds, no seeds, and no plants. i love it. that's how wars should be fought.... don't let it goooooooooooooooooooooo

oh the old days before injury

/me goes into a daydream

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Terrakan said:
Alcibiades said:

oh the old days before injury

/me goes into a daydream

ooow the good old days before insurance
when you killed someone he was dead!, no troops left, no injury, no insurance, no really dead!

that is what war is.
now look at the wars in the world
WWI:
1. Did any country get injury on the troops that got killed during?
2. Did any country get some sort of extra bonus *insurance* for every man that got killed during?
3. etc etc etc
WWII:
1. Did any country get injury on the troops that got killed during?
2. Did any country get some sort of extra bonus *insurance* for every man that got killed during?
3. etc etc etc

and so on and on and one, war is war. war is not like bushtarion is at the moment
kill = kill
dead = dead
good old days before any type of bonus you got when you was killed.
you had to stash some money during the night, so that if you got bashed during the ngiht you was able to get gardners and harvies to plant your seeds / gain seeds again.
those was the days you really had to rely on the alliance you was in.

now when you get bashed you get 35% - 40% of your troops back. so imo you cant really complain now a days.

and for the part of why this topic was started.
there is an option in the game called "Sleepmode", hit it when your going inactive for a week orso, else you just asking for a spanking.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

well yeah, i was completely happy with it the old way...if its dead its dead

BUT...i just think that its unfair that you get injuries all the time except for from bribes...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I think the lack of injuries from bribes is to stop people from organising bribing attacks with friends. For example zombies convert enemies to zombies, i think. So a friend could just send a heap of gardeners at a friend, and he could convert a heap of them into zombies, and his friend would still get a heap of his gardeners back, and overall between the two they make money, quite possibly. Lack of injuries prevents this being feasible.

Khris

Pruner

Seed thiefs rock....

Now the rank 2-4 allies just sit on tons of seeds and give up free land all the time. Seed thiefs at least give us SOMETHING else to hope for in our BR's :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon

pinpower said:
well yeah, i was completely happy with it the old way...if its dead its dead

BUT...i just think that its unfair that you get injuries all the time except for from bribes...

not really no, becoz the way it is now its more likely to be a system then instead of getting injury on all troops you got.
example, how it was before you got injured troops from units your scientists didnt even know about.
which kinda means that your scientists are able to recover unknown troops.

its like letting a dentist do a surgery where someones leg must be removed, just not possible