• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Officer Pols / Chat place

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
i was thinking, there should really be a palce for officers of an alliance to chat without the rest of the alli seeing it.

whether this is another little version of pols or something.
for thsi the code is pretty mucht here, you would just need to restrict the link to the page to officers only.

or make an option to turn a thread private from member veiwing, so only officers can see the thread.

what are people opinions, please do not reply "this isnt needed", sometihng constructive and with a decent arguement of why it should / shouldnt be implemented

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Re: Officer Pols / Chat place

This already exists. It's called IRC/MSN/Mail...

It really isn't needed.

For starters any decent alliance rotates officers, so most members would have access for this sporadically anyway.

Second, Communication is Key to the running of a successful alliance, and i don't think that bushtarion needs to do anymore than it already does to aid in communication.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Bobbin said:

It really isn't needed.

For starters any decent alliance rotates officers, so most members would have access for this sporadically anyway.

Second, Communication is Key to the running of a successful alliance, and i don't think that bushtarion needs to do anymore than it already does to aid in communication.

points 1 - there is no private place to leave a message to a few people if they arnt online. or a place to discuss in private about the way an alliance is heading, enemies, naps etc. without making a new IRC channel or mass mailing which is very awkward.

point 2 - my post wasnt just aimed at so called "decent allis" and "decent allis" dont always rotate officers actually, maybe thats your personal preference.

point 3 - point 1 all over again

my own point, there is a journal in bushtarion that isnt needed but has been implemented, there is plenty of feasible ways to log information down, but we still have it.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Cyrus said:
Bobbin said:

It really isn't needed.

points 1 - there is no private place to leave a message to a few people if they arnt online. or a place to discuss in private about the way an alliance is heading, enemies, naps etc. without making a new IRC channel or mass mailing which is very awkward.

I agree with Bobbin, it'd be rather useless. I don't think it should be implemented because there simply are X ways of 'communicating' with others already. You can just PM those involved on IRC, get into a separate channel, or mail the other 2-3 persons in-game through either ID mail or Account mail... Hell there's even forum PM if you don't already have enough options! Oh, Journal is much more useful than a supposedly Leader/Officer only pols. :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I'm not in favour of spliting members inside an alliance. An ingame private area where officers and leader can chat might make other members feel inferior. That beeing said i'm not really against the ideea, but there are times when none of the officers are online and if it's imperative a plan to be followed it will be posted in politics for everybody to see anyway. And since you want to improve the offline messaging between just 3 members i think ingame message works quite well.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Totally unnecessary. If you need to talk to your officers privately them PM them...that's kind of what PM is all about.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

here we go the cyrus hate club start posting, your comment of there isnt enough ways to communicate is stupid, ive gave many reasons why a PM doesnt always fit whats needed.

like i said maybe an option for making a thread private just to foficers

the reason this would be a good idea is for example, your organising an attack, there are many reasons not to want to tell your members, like keeping the attack on the low, so no-one else can find out till you go "WAAHEY SEND NOW LULZ"

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I think the point you're missing is that there are already plenty of ways for leaders to communicate with their officers privately, and they all work fine. We don't need another.

And "Cyrus hate club"? Don't flatter yourself.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

we dont need journals, we dont need toolbars for harv calcs, spy strippers but the key word is makes things EASIER.

kthnxbye

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Cyrus said:
we dont need journals, we dont need toolbars for harv calcs, spy strippers but the key word is makes things EASIER.

What's easier than sending a f****** mail?

And there is such a thing as making things TOO easy.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

your obviously an anti-social spoon that you never speak to more than 1 person at a time.

if your really not getting what im on about then just leave the thread? cheers in advanced.

Darryl edit: If people arne't sure what you're on about, perhaps you should explain your points more clearly, Toby has every right to post in this topic. Cheers in advance for understanding.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Cyrus said:
your obviously an anti-social spoon that you never speak to more than 1 person at a time.

if your really not getting what im on about then just leave the thread? cheers in advanced.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I don't need patronising.

You have two officers...and that requires a revolutionary new in-game system of organised mailing? Just how incompetent at sending mails are you? I can't think of a single situation where you would be in desperate need of a three-way politics board. You send a mail to one officer...then you send a mail to the other. OMG TOO DIFFICULT!!!

If you really can't see why this is a pointless idea, then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make a "Cyrus Hate Club". I've even thought of a name for it; Sanity.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I must agree with cyrus on this one. Its good suggestion.
Every alliance leader and officers should be allowed to decide themselves of what they reveal to their alliance and what not. And mailing between 3 persons is hell. As you must always forweward what 1 has said to another.
What better communicating alliances do is use IRC. And as such they get advantage that everyone wouldnt need to get if there would be simply option to decide if only officers can see post or not.

If suggestion doesnt hurt anyone and it may help someone why the hell you people complain against it?
"Cause its useless is such childish view to things"
You ever think this game evolves anywhere if you kick down every suggestion only cause YOU think and YOU find something useless?
huh!

Darryl

Head Gardener

I quite like it.

You have two officers...and that requires a revolutionary new in-game system of organised mailing?

Most alliances rotate, and quite a few that I have been in over the years have had a small group of officers, usually 4, that are rotated twice a day. Just because they're not currently officers ingame doesn't mean their opiion isn't wanted, and sending 4 way mails probably is quite confusing.

I think the point you're missing is that there are already plenty of ways for leaders to communicate with their officers privately, and they all work fine. We don't need another.

IRC; 4 way PMs are a pain in the arse, doesn't work while two are sleeping, even if you register a small officers channel
Mail; 4 ways? Also a pain in the arse.
Officer only politics threads; some things are best kept in private.
Forum pm/email; Same problem as ingame mail

It's not a crucial change, but I can think o a few occasions as a leader/officer I'd have sued it, so it gets the thumbs up from me. Also, the code to have "officer only" politics threads is already in the game, so having thrads only officers can view shouldn't take much work, and is easy to ignore if people don't want to use it. Nice idea, Cyrus.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Sorry, this must be the most pointless suggestion I've seen in a while!

What could be done is an upgrade to the in-game mailing system, where you get a "reply to all" option for mails, but as to not make it abuseable, it would need restrictions on when you could send such replies (i.e. only when all recipients are in the same ally for instance, and only when the first mail was not an alliance mass-mail...)

Thus, while possibly useful, I don't see this as something which in any way should gain priority over more important upgrades.

Not that difficult to use means outside of the game if you need to talk to the other two officers in private.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

The way Darryl put it it's more like a private area for a few selected friends, not really something to do with the leader and officers in the alliance.
The way this could help it's to make an officers or let's say strategists vieweble topic only that can be edited by any of the strategists selected by leader from 1 man to entire alliance. And there they have some tools to make an attack/defence plan look nice and then make it vieweble by entire alliance. I just don't see the need for a private area for chat between 3 ppl when you can send a message to 2 id's so easy separating by comma.
If you could input the target id's and then have easy tools to paint an easy to read attack/defence plan with ticks and targets and amounts it would make some sense and would be quite nifty.

Darryl

Head Gardener

Enrico said:
Thus, while possibly useful, I don't see this as something which in any way should gain priority over more important upgrades.

That's not really a valid argument against it at all, very few important updates will be put into the game during a round, and this is hardly a huge coding project.

CountZepplin

Pruner

right so how bout a 3-way pm system? (or however many ways)

it could be useful for solo pnap groups, officers, friends... etc etc.

and if you could make the conversations grouped together (like gmail) that'd be even more awesome :p