nano coversion...

mrmongo

Harvester
is a bit freakin overpowered right...

[middle] 14,000,000 hostile Nanobot proved resistance was futile to 1,486 allied staff.
[raised] 963 new nanobots were assimilated.

Died: 1,486 [£66,870,000] friendlies dead.
Converted: 963 [£40,446,000] friendlies converted.

against pure wheelbarrows.... yet werewolf coversion rate is so *****... sighs... not going to change in a hurry i know..

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Noone. Just like noone cares about a gripe in the wrong section. (Not that anyone would care for this gripe anyway)

mrmongo

Harvester
im in a few forums for different things and there are always high post count peoples who just write things so un-related... like "read the stickys" etc... get a beer and chill out

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

[middle] 14,000,000 hostile Nanobot proved resistance was futile to 1,486 allied staff.

against pure wheelbarrows.... yet werewolf coversion rate is so *****... sighs... not going to change in a hurry i know..

its only 60% conversion. I think most lethals conversions are higher(guess 75%?), but remeber they have to be living units, you sure the WW weren't flaked by skeles/zombies/gargoyles/mummies/vamps.

FYI I think nld/nlt only give a 46% conversion

Max

Garden Designer
Nanobots used to have a much much higher conversion rate. They were BEASTLY then, and overpowered, but they certainly aren't anymore :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yeah i remeber them being able to attack any route when they came out and make more nanobots than they lost in thier battles despite taking two ticks of damage. i remeber going from 2-4mil nano to 24m, in a day and a bit without buying any. The next few days i hit 30-40m when my cw came out. best they did get nerfed, but even now you can hit any underteched route and profit. and they are pretty good at surviving. i have a load of ratios for them surviving sumwhere vs para, officers, ninja and the like.

mrmongo

Harvester

its only 60% conversion. I think most lethals conversions are higher(guess 75%?), but remeber they have to be living units, you sure the WW weren't flaked by skeles/zombies/gargoyles/mummies/vamps.

FYI I think nld/nlt only give a 46% conversion

What i mean is that Werewolf conversion ability is shocking... i used them last round for about a week then quit to just use vamps gargs and mummy's but WW suck compared to Nano's.. they get near nothing on inns and only convert lethal units with remote success... with nano's you could buy a couple million and rise to 10 million quite easily within 15 attacks whereas WW would take you a hella lot more and you will lose more than you gain more often than not...

Max

Garden Designer
I have to completely agree with you here MrMongo.

The werewolf conversion rate is too small, it's not even worth a token few converts. Needs to be increased by a factor of 3 at the very least IMO. Even then it would still difficult to yield a profit on attacks, but at least the gains would be marginally more noticeable.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
werewolves are so tank though, and cheap as chips. NOT TO MENTION the lesser vampires flaking your army out even further, and they have a decent conversion rate, considering u want the numbers not the $$$$/score. (ofc not every1 gets PUnits, but if u dont get vamps, u arent going to mass werewolves sanely). And have u ever tried flaking with zombies? they have massive conversions.

Dont just think of the problem, think of the context.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i agree ww's. no point in them converting. i think maybe it is just a token thing . azzer obviously saw a ww film. after all they normally eat you in the films. you have to live to be converted. :p

but its not like the route isnt fine without them doing great rates on converts. gargoyles shoot early and hit innocent and unless being hit by hooli/tl/harrier/assassisns?. will probably do well and fire before being killed off.. as they are cheap and armoured. not to mention mummies able to strip mid tick for them and anything else.

If you are comparing like for like. i think scrapbots get very good conversions, but the unit you make is so expensive it just doesnt seem like you actually do that great. but in terms of kills to converts, they dont do bad on a cost basis iirc.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i agree ww's. no point in them converting. i think maybe it is just a token thing . azzer obviously saw a ww film. after all they normally eat you in the films. you have to live to be converted. :p

but its not like the route isnt fine without them doing great rates on converts. gargoyles shoot early and hit innocent and unless being hit by hooli/tl/harrier/assassisns?. will probably do well and fire before being killed off.. as they are cheap and armoured. not to mention mummies able to strip mid tick for them and anything else.

If you are comparing like for like. i think scrapbots get very good conversions, but the unit you make is so expensive it just doesnt seem like you actually do that great. but in terms of kills to converts, they dont do bad on a cost basis iirc.

whoever said scraps didnt get good converts?! They are teh bomb (unless of course you are converting HQ units *shakes fist*)