MTG Commander

cb1202

Head Gardener
My friends and I have decided that this format would be a lot of fun. I dont know if any of you still play or have looked into this.

Basically you pick one legendary creature and you build a 100 card deck using only a single copy of any card. Those cards cannot contain a mana symbol that is not included in the mana cost of the legendary creature you have chosen. This creature is set aside and as soon as you have the mana to play it you can. If the creature is killed or removed from the game you can play it again for 2 additional colorless mana for each time it was played that game.

I was wondering if anyone else has played the format or is interested in it and then I will explain what I am currently working on which I feel is really amazing for this format and hopefully get suggestions/criticisms. It is hard to pick 1 card out of like 8000 and get it to flow with the ideas I have.

This game is so dynamic and I feel this format really balances out the expensive costs of vintage playing by adding additional cards to balance out OP power 9 stuff. The banned/restricted can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx?x=magic/rules/100cardsingleton-commander

Sorry if I havent taken much time for this. If there is interest I will definitely take more time on this. There is a large following for the format in my area, but sadly most are 15 year olds who just throw a bunch of cards together and hope it all works out.