• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Links posted in topics

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Tried search but to no avail.
Its of rather small importance yeah - but it's been annoying me. In the old forums, when you clicked a link posted in a topic it would automatically open up in a new window/tab. In the new swanky update it doesn't. It opens in the same window. This irritates me. I'm pretty sure this will be easy to fix?
Oh and for all the middle-clicking naysayers, feck off. Just because something is easy to do it doesn't mean it can't be improved upon.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Links posted in topics

I think that's intended as a more "proper" standard for sites tbh.... although there's a split that could argue either way, I think I (amongst many) would sway towards thinking all links really should open in the same tab - because that's what following links usually does. And then if somebody decides they actually want to open a link in a new window/new tab - they click as necessary (shift click, ctrl-click, middle click, right click and select "open link in new...", mouse gestures, or however else they control their browsers). This ensures users always decide what they do too (if a link is forcing itself to open in a new tab, there's no common way to force it to open in the same tab - so you actually limit user decisions a bit).

The opposing argument is all links on a website should open in the same tab unless directing to another website...

I think either argument is sound myself, but as tabbed browsing becomes more common and people get used to middle-clicking as much as left-clicking, I'd be more inclined towards always leaving it up to the user how to manage their links...