Land Caps!

antisback

Head Gardener
Well I'd like to place a gripe on behalf of oo at least 25 people so far :p

Anywho, although I personally don't like the idea behind Land caps, I do see the reasonings behind it and I can accept that.

But although I personally havn't started my third development so I can still get decent land grabs, I know of people who've attacked at 70% and received only 20% of the land they should have.

I can accept the need for and the use of land caps, but its far too extreme atm. It should be say a max of 40% less land than you would've received and beggining at 50% downwards.

These land caps happen to be my least favourite update of all time, the others this round I think are fine.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Re: Land Caps!

Attack at 80% or above then??? most wargames have much higher attack limits with much lower penalties for going outwith them

Can we as a playerbase wait to see how things pan out for once instead off being so bloody reactionary all the time

(ps 25 people is hardly a massive upswelling of public support)

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

I hate it, I really do.
I wouldn't mind so much if it was set at says.. 40/50%ish, but at 80% it's a little harsh.
I can attack only a few people without it getting capped, otherwise have to suffer with rubbish grabs at like 48 land a go..

I thought a few of the other updates were bad, but this just overpowers the lot, you've ruined it Azzer... RUINED I tell you!
*sulks*

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Waaaaaaah! I have to change my playstyle now! The changes only affect me, and not everybody else also! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:roll:

Danny

Digger

Yeah I dont like it either.. theres reasoning but it is to extreme.. a guy I know grabbed like 30 land out of a possible 150 land and he was attacking someone 70% of him :/

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

I'm complaining because I conciously didn't do my second tech, and now suddenly this techlimit is upped to 3. Unfair! :mad:

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

So open to abuse...
All people need to do is get 1 or 2 people to piggy their incoming with say 1 staff each and it lowers the land loss.

CountZepplin

Pruner

A geo player on my tick didn't get a full grab, and I didn't get anything, not having sent any geos. What gives? :S

Chewie

Pruner

I think this addition will be a great implementation later on in the round when everybody is fully teched however i would like to see some sort of sustem developed. like for ever unit tech developed the land cap rises towards 80%.

e.g. after you start your first unit development you have to attack at 50% to get full grab. after you start your 2nd you have to attack at 60%. 3rd tech 70% and with your 4th tech 80%, rather than it being One large giant leap. Or after your 3rd tech you have to attack at 70% for a full grab.

My only reasoning for the above adjustment is that bribing units dont get a penalty on bribes for attacking at 40% (and rightfully so) however with the primary objective of a puppet player for example is to gain bribes from their attacks. IMO this is a little bit unfair in the sense that bribers gain a very very nice advantage over other routes.

Tbh i hope this change works, as i personally was a big fan of l/f and loved the fact that you were rewarded for attacking at 70% rather than hitting at 40%. So i am hoping this change will be a nice substitute for l/f.

Mateen

Digger

yea, i must say thier a little harsh, ive been hit by land caps on 5 straight atacks now

ou stole 22 land. [4] tree. [12] bush. [3] flower. [3] grass. [0] uncultivated.
You lost 17 effectiveness.
Your max land grab was reduced in this battle.

this guy here was 72% of me and land grab was still cut into 1/6 of wat it shuda been

You stole 28 land. [3] tree. [22] bush. [1] flower. [2] grass. [0] uncultivated.
You lost 180 effectiveness.
Your max land grab was reduced in this battle.

This guy was 78% of me..

i get the concept but its just too extreme...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

tbh i agree something needed to be done...HOWEVER

i think it is to extreme...i would think:

attacking at 30-35%: 50% steal
attacking at 35-40%: 60% steal
attacking at 40-50%: 70% steal (there is no mod on this range remember)
attacking at 50-60%: 80% steal
attacking at 60-70%: 90% steal
attacking at 70%+ :100% steal

that way the normally lawful range (70%) is kept the same...and while it will act as a strong deterant it isnt such a shitty change...lol

tbh i just think the way suggested above makes more sense...

also, im not really moaning, just felt like throwing in my opinion....i think it will be interesting to see whether this just increases the bashing...

as, i rarely attack at 30-40%..not because its "unlawful" but simply because im inpatient and i cant be bothered to wait that long for an attack to finish...so i normally attack in the 40-50% range...

at the start of the round im constantly attacking, so it doesnt make much difference (the land cap isnt even in yet) but later in the round i will reach a certain amount of land at which i dont want anymore...as if i get anymore at my current score i will just loose it all (and possibly troops with it)...so i will sit at that level of land for a period of some days while i just plant etc etc...then maybe when ive got some more troops ill go on another attack to gain some more land...this going on throughout the round pretty much

For example last round in deso we didnt want to grow to much, not into the range of the top 3...also we didnt want to become TOO fat targets as khaos were considerably larger than us near the end and we didnt want them to launch a full scale attack...anyway i digress...last round i spent probably 2+ weeks just sat at 8k land not stealing and not loosing land...just saving seeds...maybe planting if i lost troops in defence...anyway i didnt want any land, i was happy with my income and so i didnt need to attack

(god ive been going on a long time..) with this change it will be interesting to see whether i actually "bash" more...as i will still want to get to that paticular level where im happy...but rather than the limited land grab putting me off...it will just mean i will send more attacks (i can almost guarantee this) as i know that while normally i would spend days/weeks not sending attacks cos i dont want land...this round i can happily send attacks all the time and just gradually build up my land to the same level

On a side note: Im assuming that seed thieves etc dont have a similar cap?/?

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Maybe it could be a good implementation, but in combination with the solos uber AR mods it's getting really frustrating...

Reub

Pruner

Melnibone said:
Attack at 80% or above then??? most wargames have much higher attack limits with much lower penalties for going outwith them

Can we as a playerbase wait to see how things pan out for once instead off being so bloody reactionary all the time

(ps 25 people is hardly a massive upswelling of public support)

Add another 20-30 people on to that then. I also understand why it's in and I'm not asking for it to be taken out. But geez i also think it is a bit extreme. I mean 80%, it isnt always easy to get off unhurt from an attack at 80%, especially for newer players. Are we meant to die alomst everytime we want the full amount of land when attacking?

I say lower it to like 50-55%, that's just my opinion.

vannila

Planter

am i reading this wrong when i don't think i should be getting capped yet?

You have currently started 3 route/unit based developments. The dynamic land cap limiter is now activated for your ID, reducing your land steal rates if you mass/pick on smaller targets.

Research (Multiplier: 2.5331)
Development Time (ticks) Time (ETA) Cost Research
Engineering 108 18h £48,128,900,000

Stealth Geo-Physics 177 1d 5h 30m £25,331,000,000 Researching

Hacking 113 18h 50m £2,533,100,000

Geo-Physics 27 4h 30m £633,275,000 Complete

Geo-Phys Thieves 45 7h 30m £1,266,550,000 Complete

Simple Traps 54 9h £2,533,100,000 Complete

Construct (Multiplier: 2.5331)
Development Time (ticks) Time (ETA) Cost Construct
Airfield 56 9h 20m £1,266,550,000 Complete

i only have 4 techs completed...one intel, two are geo's, and SGT. i've start stealth thieves. but according to azzer's recent post, the geo's and intel shouldn't count.

Land Cap: The first of a number of changes to the land cap code due over the next week has been made - it now requires you to start a 3rd development before it kicks in, not the previous 2nd. These developments consist of any development that give you a unit - intelligence, the first of the two geo-phys developments, and engineering would not count towards the limit. Expect more tweaks to come (they will all be announced!).

so why are they counted? :(

Bobbin

Head Gardener

CountZepplin said:
A geo player on my tick didn't get a full grab, and I didn't get anything, not having sent any geos. What gives? :S

because you wouldn't...

as the geo player netted the whole grab... however, because of the mod, they didn't get to take it all home.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

vannila said:
am i reading this wrong when i don't think i should be getting capped yet?

You have currently started 3 route/unit based developments. The dynamic land cap limiter is now activated for your ID, reducing your land steal rates if you mass/pick on smaller targets.

Research (Multiplier: 2.5331)
Development Time (ticks) Time (ETA) Cost Research
Engineering 108 18h £48,128,900,000

Stealth Geo-Physics 177 1d 5h 30m £25,331,000,000 Researching

Hacking 113 18h 50m £2,533,100,000

Geo-Physics 27 4h 30m £633,275,000 Complete

Geo-Phys Thieves 45 7h 30m £1,266,550,000 Complete

Simple Traps 54 9h £2,533,100,000 Complete

Construct (Multiplier: 2.5331)
Development Time (ticks) Time (ETA) Cost Construct
Airfield 56 9h 20m £1,266,550,000 Complete

i only have 4 techs completed...one intel, two are geo's, and SGT. i've start stealth thieves. but according to azzer's recent post, the geo's and intel shouldn't count.

Land Cap: The first of a number of changes to the land cap code due over the next week has been made - it now requires you to start a 3rd development before it kicks in, not the previous 2nd. These developments consist of any development that give you a unit - intelligence, the first of the two geo-phys developments, and engineering would not count towards the limit. Expect more tweaks to come (they will all be announced!).

so why are they counted? :(

you have 3 that count...

only the FIRST of the two geo devs don't count.

Everything that gives a unit counts.

CountZepplin

Pruner

Bobbin said:
CountZepplin said:

because you wouldn't...

as the geo player netted the whole grab... however, because of the mod, they didn't get to take it all home.
Seems like an easy way for abuse - large player sending just to screw up the calculation.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Yeah told Azzer about this on the night he announced the changes he said it wouldnt be a big issue.....lol

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Injury rates + land caps are (taken together) are completely ruining the game. How are we supposed to kill others when:

1. They get HUGE injury rates.
2. We have HUGE land caps.

What is this becoming? Everything I once liked is gone. And I believe I am not the only one.

And should I even start the subject about land caps on bunker players? Why is that? Is it not enough the fact that we have only flak to use when attacking, but now those freaking land caps??? How is a bunker supposed to grow in later stage? Damn it Azzer, start using your brain already and test things first before implementing them in such a huge scale... we have already had enough "testing" rounds...