internet phone

rooney

Head Gardener
i want an internet phone to use with bush, but dont know which one. any help? (i live in england and preferabley i want the contract with orange)

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: internet phone

Orange don't do the Blackberry Storm or the Iphone, which are the most popular ones by default. I recently got the Blackberry Bold on Orange and I like it. The Nokia N96 and the Blackberry Bold are the best ones I think on Orange.

I got mine for £125 up front, £20 a month, unlimited texts and 600 minutes. They then gave me £75 back, I opted to pay £5 extra per month for unlimited internet, just for the sake of it.

If you want the IPhone you need to go on 02 (which where we live doesn't have good signal), for the Blackberry Storm you need to go on Vodaphone - although I didn't want a touch screen so I stuck with Orange and got the Bold.

Nitrous

Head Gardener

G1 Phone ftw!!! :D

But its on T-mobile though. :(

30 quid/month...700mins/1400texts/any mix...unlimited internet...you can check your signal coverage so i did...done it at my home, school and park. The three places I'm most of the time at and I got a very good signal on all three. So I think it's worth it. :)

Ordered it today, getting on monday/tuesday. I'll tell you if it's worth it or not.

EDITTED:

Had the G1 a week or something now.

This phone is very good for internet usage. So easy to use. :)

But if you want it for other purposes such as playing videos from a memory card then I wouldn't recommend it.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

rooney said:
i was thinking the bold looked the best. is it easy to play bush on?

If you download Opera it works ok, not fantastic but the qwerty keypad is nice. I haven't really used it to play Bush, if I get a text to say login, and run to ID 1, I could do it fairly easily, but I've not seen it on other phones so don't know how it compares.

Tim

Harvester

Really easy to play Bush on the N96. It has a web browser based on Safari (Apple's Browser) and works in landscape mode as well as portrait.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I beg to differ with Tim here.
DO NOT go with anything without touch screen!

Thats all I have to say, I know nothing about what phones some UK provider is offering, yet I do know difference with touch and no touch screen and I will never go back to no touch screen.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

said it in the other thread, but i highly recomend the iphone...absolutely no problems with it...plays bush amazingly (showing whole screen with easy zooming and scrolling...) and has wifi as well as 3g shizzle

also...its far superior to any other phones out there cos of the application store with open source software stuff out there...you can download applications for anything you may want to do (i.e facebook, ebay, wifi-finder)

Also, contracts on 02 are actually really good atm considering the quality of the phone your getting, and unlimited internet use comes as standard with all contracts.

Also, you get google maps with it so your never lost again!!!

It is completely touch screen, but within a day i was typing at least as fast on the touch screen as i did on my old keypad phone, using a full qwerty keyboard.

Hands down the best purchase ive ever made.
x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I really dislike people who are pushing things they use for others to use, without thinking that there might be better products on market. (Read all these Mokia(Nokia I know, but Mokia means mistakes in Finnish)& all these iPhone fan boys) I am usint TyTN from HTC and have used it almost 2.5 years now. So I wouldnt recommend it for anyone (Well its kinda cheap now tho, wasnt when I purchased it, but resolution is poor, and theres better products on market).

I say that if you want to get good phone to use internet then your options are limited to:
Anything with touchscreen, qwerty and over 320x480 screen (or whatta hell does phones like iphone have as their resolution).

Such phones are new Nsomething from Nokia with their first touch screen. X1 from sonyericsson, google phone and few others.

I do not recommend on getting phone with touch screen only as it makes game play much harder than with qwerty(keyboard), I also dont suggest to get phone with resolution under 640x480, unfortunately those are very rare, but you will thank me later. As last but not least it is very poor to use phones without touchscreen for any kind of internet usage. Yes I know Tim begs to differ, well I have used touch screen for over 2 years and my dad has pretty good Nokia phone and when I tried to use it to go to internet I almost threw that phone to the wall. You just cant go back after you have used touch screen.

Ultimately I suggest you to go to shop where you can try all products and compare those to find one that fits your preferences. That is best and only way to find phone that will not get you dissapointed.

I must say that in my opinion I wouldnt get any Nokia phone as those have bad habit to break down soon after first year and their warranty is only year long. Yes some people have had no problems with those, yet I have too much experience in my family of breaking down Nokias.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I have a Nokia and it still works, and its been dropped numerous times, it is actually held together by sticky tape! I would definitely go with Nokia again as my current one was quite durable. And i would have to mention that the phone is about 4 years old

Steve_God

Official Helper

1) Phones without touch-screens on will work fine on Bush: My old Sony Ericsson K800i with Opera Mini did the job perfectly for many a year...

2) Touch-screen phones 'are' a little better than those without a touch-screen: purely as it makes it easier to navigate around the pages, and normally as the screens on them are that much bigger than standard phones!

3) If you're REALLY fussy and still aren't happy with either of those... buy yourself a micro-sized-laptop, with a decent battery, and a wireless internet connection ;)

rooney

Head Gardener

the only problem with the iphone is that its O2 and where i live O2 doesnt get signal. im thinking probably the blackberry bold cos i read a lot of awful reviews about the storm but i think ill take BW advice and go into a shop lol. thanks for all the advice though!