• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Intel

Tombi

Harvester
With the new '15 Minute spy' i think solos might suffer alot more than normal during flak wars, although a round has not taken place with the new intel option i think it might have quite a negative effect because its out so early.
So what i propose doing is swapping around Hax with the new '15 minute spy' so they still would be out pretty early but it would give alliances and solos a bit more breathing space during the first few days of the round although i appreciate the new spy might have been brought in with the intention of making ID lists and solos become available earlyer.

Bad idea? Good idea?

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It also allows solos to attack much easier (as they were screwed without spies). Plus people are more likely to hit allies together as they can get some IDs.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
It also allows solos to attack much easier (as they were screwed without spies). Plus people are more likely to hit allies together as they can get some IDs.

A lot of solos have friends who are in alliances, who will then share their intel, or at least that's what I've noticed in my 25 rounds. Solos got the shaft with most the changes.

Matt

Harvester
fly over doesnt show ID

News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 410,000,000 people from [somebody] will arrive to attack you.

has azzer just changed this!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

However now the fly overs dont show IDs...

And while i think its good (as you said) because solo's can get some early form of spy scans (unlike alliances who can have people rushing intel etc) now without IDs its pretty much just there to spy for SAS...?

As yes you can see if you have defence from an ally but you dont know who sent and what...so people can easily start faking the early LET as you wont even know their ID or scores...?

I think i prefer the no ID thing to having it after hacks but i think its lost alot of its usefullness (is that a word..? :p) now.

Tombi

Harvester
fly over doesnt show ID

News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 410,000,000 people from [somebody] will arrive to attack you.

has azzer just changed this!

Yeah there was a Big discussion on IRC lastnight and Azzer thought removing the ID would be the best solution.

Matt

Harvester
i prefer it without the ID and before Haxs!

i think that makes more sense tbh

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Glad to see that it doesn't give out IDs. That was what I had hoped was the case when the idea was first introduced, and now that it appears that is the case, it looks good.

Gives a little heads up on whether or not you're about to die but nothing overly powerful to ruin the round start, although it'll still be rough on the solos since they can still easily be spotted.

warrior

Pruner
only way this would help solo's is if sas isnt shown either. ;)

IE: shows up also has someone sent to defend you

Abreu

Pruner
If the solos have active enough Pnaps it isn't going to affect them at all, it'll actually help them out by everyone thinking that they are allied. Because most people will assume they are allied because of the defence

warrior

Pruner
If the solos have active enough Pnaps it isn't going to affect them at all, it'll actually help them out by everyone thinking that they are allied. Because most people will assume they are allied because of the defence

it takes 72 ticks to become active though, so any attacks before then wont show anything ;)