• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Insurance on Harvesters

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
After a fairly in-depth conversation in the #bush room, I have decided on some finer points to this concept.
Basically, the little people are often zero'd. It's part of the game, and this idea isn't to stop this. It's more so that when they come back to nothing, they will still have harvested some sort of seeds since they had died/logged in. I have often seen people targetting zero'd players, purely to kill off their harvesters. Honourably speaking, I don't like that. So there are a couple of ideas that can solve this, and keep the base part of the natural land tree strong:

1: Harvesters become a defence-only unit (similar to the WK/WW), they can only be sent out defensively, and they gain an individual injury rate of around 70-80% (purely to serve as seed income after being killed). The hope is that then the little inactive people come back to at least some seed gain to rebuild with.

2: Add injuries to Combines/Tractors. Yes, people do sometimes use them attacking (lol@Polo), but the primary use of these is simply easier, more efficient harvesting and planting. Stick 20% on those, and even 20% of 100k Combines will bring in a decent amount of seeds, alongside some basic Harvies.

3: Add an official harvester calculator into Bushtarion. New people do not want to join a game to work on laborious mathematics, they want to play a game. Make that element easier, and people will stay around longer.

4: Remove harvesters/combines altogether. Obviously this also serves the same purpose as the other three suggestions, but it also removes an aspect of the game that has been around since day one. Obviously the laziest option to resort to over re-coding other staff units.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i see where your coming from, and although i do like to be able to prevent some one from continuing to gain/harvest if im trying to take them out of the competition, and i know they are offline for a while, i guess zeroing them and seedthiefs would suffice.

removal completely will virtually get rid of the whole 'how to get the best start' etc. im not sure i'm ready to go that far. but to give them with some riddiculous insurance value sounds fair enough and easy to do.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Another time/thought saving idea (which is somewhat more radical) is the homogenisation of the land types into just one type of land with a set number of harvesters needed per acre, simplifys everything massively!

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm not sure if I agree with putting injuries on combines and tractors, but I'm definitely not 100% anti it either.

As for the change to injuries on harvies - brilliant idea. I especially like how you covered any room for abuse by making them defence only units.

Give this man a gold star!!

Last edited:

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
but the whole point is to play the game, if you only log in every few days and you got wacked and havnt made any much income I dont think you will give a monkeys either way

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
but the whole point is to play the game, if you only log in every few days and you got wacked and havnt made any much income I dont think you will give a monkeys either way

Some do. It's an idea that doesn't harm anything, but gives people more of a reason to continue wanting to play. I know I would be pretty irritated if someone killed me, and then the same person came back over and over purely for the sake of killing my harvesters.
Not a very constructive criticism of my idea, though.