• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Increasing Playerbase/Targets/Interest: Legalised Multying

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
a chance to get revenge and attack pesky annoying people my route is not set up to attack. you could even suicide on them and not care.

I like the first part of this. Revenge would be sweet, and there are definitely times where you want revenge, but it's simply not possible. However, the last part worries me... having ID(s) that are willing to just suicide against top ranks because they are simply "a lowbie nothing ID" (in comparison of course, it must have enough troops to be irritating) then that could be a problem, no? If I was the top ranks and was constantly getting rushed by stupid amounts of little people, I'd be furious. Many people win so that they can just sit back and relax for a round. It would make winning quite annoying. Could you imagine an alliance full of people with multiple rushing IDs? *suicide*

This may or may not eventuate. It really depends on the mentality of people. I'm sure some would probably do it at some point. But im not sure that many people would do it to make it become a problem.

I reckon the only way you would find out is if this suggestion was tested.

I have to admit, from my experiences on line in general, and in bushtarion in specific, if there is a "low, dishonourable, easy route"; some players will be certain to take it. It's a fact of life, the path of least resistance will prevail. Look at this round, 2 of 3 "competitive" alliances deliberately wanted to be second place, so they could rush first. Imagine if they had 40 IDs instead of 20? Twice the number of harriers, twice the number of SAs. Utter chaos. I would go out of my way to lose if this were the case.

Max

Garden Designer
I am slightly worried about the potential for a PNAP trio to be capable of launching the equivalent of an alliance attack at the moment.

What was previously 3 potential real mobs suddenly becomes 9, on the medium sized alliances that we are trying to protect? With a full range of different routes?

Makes me a little wary anyway.

And the more constraints you add the fewer degrees of freedom there are - which may prove fatal... or it may not. Hard to say if everyone would actually sign up to 3 IDs given the choice of not being able to have them work in synergy.

Worth a PW try :D

edd

Tree Surgeon
I assume when CF said one's multi id's wouldn't be allowed to be in the same alliance as multi id's of people one is already allied to, that it applies to pnaps too.

But you do make a good point, if you have 7(?) players all solo, they could form 9 separate pnap tri's all able to work together.

Last edited: