• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Impliment injured units into the hiring shortcuts

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Basically I like alot of others like rounded off staff...
If you have injured units go to hiring page and for example hit to5m in gardeners (to 5 million) then it will do just that but not count your injured units. This makes it useless as it is no longer getting your men to 5million.

Sooo what I'm asking is could you sort it so that it counts injured units so you will be getting the number you wanted.

Tim

Harvester
Re: Impliment injured units into the hiring shortcuts

Good idea, but on the other hand, if I'm buying "to" a specific number, it usually means I want those units "now". I think it's probably the same with other players too.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

depends if you have OCD like myself ;P i like round off number whether i have them now or whether they are injured :p

Augustus

Head Gardener

I'm in agreement with that one. It really irritated me and still is irritating me....curtains aren't straight...keyboard isn't paralel to desk...need more medication....losing control!!

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Troop hiring - Update with injured units

Troop hiring - Update with injured units

When I'm hiring I like to us the 'to1m' or whatever so I get nice round numbers.

Now that we have injured troops, when I use the above code it buys up to that number, not taking into account the injured units, so once those appear I end up with ugly numbers :p

Could we make it so that the injured units are counted towards the 'to1m' or whatever numbers?

SadYear

Pruner
Re: Troop hiring - Update with injured units

Re: Troop hiring - Update with injured units

LAFiN said:
When I'm hiring I like to us the 'to1m' or whatever so I get nice round numbers.

Now that we have injured troops, when I use the above code it buys up to that number, not taking into account the injured units, so once those appear I end up with ugly numbers :p

Could we make it so that the injured units are counted towards the 'to1m' or whatever numbers?

The same thing happened to me. Ugly numbers are annoying.

This would be a nice addition I think. :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Well since Charlie deleted his topic where i agreed with this i guess i have to post here that i agree with Cheese :)

Pikachu

Digger
blah... being moved.

blah... being moved.

its annoying when you put "to1m" ect. it doesnt add on to the injured units it only adds it on to the units that are still alive, so when the injured ones come back all my numbers are uneven and it make me spend even more money on making them pretty again lol.

Moved to the right topic for you. Bobbin

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: Injured Units on Overview.

Re: Injured Units on Overview.

Pikachu said:
its annoying when you put "to1m" ect. it doesnt add on to the injured units it only adds it on to the units that are still alive, so when the injured ones come back all my numbers are uneven and it make me spend even more money on making them pretty again lol.

Already mentioned in another thread...and flamed as OCD....I'M NOT A CONTROL FREAK!! :mad:

Augustus

Head Gardener

How about a new code? Like you get 'to1000000' why not have 'to+I 1000000' or some other code which makes it include injured troops in total. Please, before I am driven insane by the numbers! :bhead:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I have a mild case of OCD. Nothing dangerous, but like arranging things in neatness, even numbers, coins stacked by size etc...

Either way, I don't see a viable solution to this problem because there are two potential problems as I see it:

If we were to include injured units in the "buy to" option, then while you would have nice round numbers on your Overview, if you had any injured units at all, it would totally mess up your mob sending even numbers (as Tim mentioned, when I "buy to" a number, i want those units *now*). Maybe that's not a big issue for most people, but if they're already complaining about the discrepancy on the Overview then I figure it's going to cause them just as much trouble while having some injured units. And with the injury system I figure i'll just about always have *some* units injured.

So really, my only solution is to suck it up, I don't like odd numbers, but it's a good exercise in controlling my OCD so... I don't see any necessity for changing it really.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Is this being done or just ignored? :p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'll be implementing this change this week. I'll make the CURRENT code work on your "total staff" (including injuries).

I'll add a NEW code for people that just want to round off "currently uninjured staff" - eg a new code that works in the way the current code works. Probably the ^ code.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Azzer said:
I'll be implementing this change this week. I'll make the CURRENT code work on your "total staff" (including injuries).

I'll add a NEW code for people that just want to round off "currently uninjured staff" - eg a new code that works in the way the current code works. Probably the ^ code.
/me loves Azzer

:x-mas: :x-mas: :x-mas:
OCD ftw!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

This is now implemented.

The ^ code (eg "^500000") will work on currently available units (in other words it will NOT count injured units).

The old "~" (or "to") codes will work on all units (in other words this WILL count injured units).

Loz

Harvester

love it !! love it !! LOVE IT :!: :!: :drinking:

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

Thank you Azzer. We love you!