• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

HF

xvi

Harvester
Do alliances get anything for having high h/f? If not, I suggest they get some free alliance troops.

xvi

Harvester
Do alliances get anything for having high h/f? If not, I suggest they get some free alliance troops.

It's for display and end of round awards purposes only.

well then defo alliances with good hf should get some free troops. then maybe alliance leaders would be more responsible for their members.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It couldn't hurt to give alliances with decent titles some white knight / white wizard style troops as long as they aren't too powerful. Alliance troops are under-used as it is.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It couldn't hurt to give alliances with decent titles some white knight / white wizard style troops as long as they aren't too powerful. Alliance troops are under-used as it is.

Fair comment, I think a stock of WK/WW is appropriate for AHQ use.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
increase max possible HQ troops? never been in a smaller ally, but maybe that'd help them defend more if they had some (extra) SRS troops that anybody could use to defend? though im not sure they get them now anyways.

xvi

Harvester
increase max possible HQ troops? never been in a smaller ally, but maybe that'd help them defend more if they had some (extra) SRS troops that anybody could use to defend? though im not sure they get them now anyways.

yeah, the idea being that if an ally has high HF they have likely been picked on. Plus, it would give incentive for leaders to watch their players to be sure they aren't bashing, if they care for getting free alliance troops. I would say though that only the leader and those he/she gives permission to could use them, like any other alliance troop.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
As i said to DaX on IRC about this, I like the idea, but i feel the entire AHQ needs a total revamp and new look, it hasn't changed since the very start of Age 3 5-6 years ago, it is ancient, outdated and a relic of gameplay that doesn't really exist anymore (although I'm not saying that the AHQ units were anymore worthwhile back in Age3 than they are now)

A complete overhaul of the AHQ is needed before any tie ins with H/F are brought in.

xvi

Harvester
As i said to DaX on IRC about this, I like the idea, but i feel the entire AHQ needs a total revamp and new look, it hasn't changed since the very start of Age 3 5-6 years ago, it is ancient, outdated and a relic of gameplay that doesn't really exist anymore (although I'm not saying that the AHQ units were anymore worthwhile back in Age3 than they are now)

A complete overhaul of the AHQ is needed before any tie ins with H/F are brought in.

so when is the complete overhaul going to happen?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

so when is the complete overhaul going to happen?

*shrug* when Azzer hands over the keys to someone who's gunna get something done :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

My suggestion was fairly simple - Boost the limits on AHQ staff, and introduce HF units to AHQ (so WK/WW are an AHQ availability, too).
Og suggested perhaps lowering tech values to get to ETA 5, and having Watch Tower tech being replaced by ETA 4 view, rather than getting a totally useless unit which is insanely overpriced. Again, drop the value of the tech so it is more believeable.
A complete overhaul simply won't happen, and thus we are stuck with making what we already have fairer, without needing to adjust any major settings. The introduction of HF units may push that limit, but increasing limits, and decreasing tech cost is simple value changing, and it will have an effect immediately.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

This.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

This.

I don't buy into that logic. You're saying that we can't improve something a little bit because we can't improve it a lot. In the absence of any wholesale changes to the AHQ system is it not worth improving it in little ways instead?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
dont see anything wrong with a small change like proposed h/f troops for AHQ. would be nice to get a full revamp. but ill take what i can.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I like the ideas. I was thinking the higher your alliance HF, the more HQ troops you could hold, as well.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

This.

I don't buy into that logic. You're saying that we can't improve something a little bit because we can't improve it a lot. In the absence of any wholesale changes to the AHQ system is it not worth improving it in little ways instead?

agreed.

People are suggesting revamp HQ. Thas has been suggested many times, but we have not seen many suggestions how we should go about it that would work. I recall suggestions by Garrett with regards to a whole new route tech, and i remember HQ land has been suggested (i think), but it doesnt seem like we've seen anything to really improve the HQ substantially.

If anyone thinks they can find a thread that has solved the problem, please post it.

Otherwise, these little improvements are welcome...I support xvi's suggestion. Increase limit of HQ troops for honourable alliances.

Davs

Garden Designer

This.

agreed.

People are suggesting revamp HQ. Thas has been suggested many times, but we have not seen many suggestions how we should go about it that would work. I recall suggestions by Garrett with regards to a whole new route tech, and i remember HQ land has been suggested (i think), but it doesnt seem like we've seen anything to really improve the HQ substantially.

If anyone thinks they can find a thread that has solved the problem, please post it.

Otherwise, these little improvements are welcome...I support xvi's suggestion. Increase limit of HQ troops for honourable alliances.

Generally I agree with you, but I only really found out this round just how powerful Tanks are. I recall 1 br in which our 750k tanks killed 30m staff. Ok, it could have been largely flak - but given how late in the tick they fire, they must have done a pretty hefty amount of damage hitting the stuff that actually survived the stuff that fired before them. Not to mention, of course, how hard it is to kill off tanks due to the large amount of both armour and health they have. In my opinion, if you want to be increase the cap on how many your HQ can have, you need to make them slightly (and I do mean very slightly) weaker or else they'd run the risk of being too powerful.

Before anyone goes on about how honourable alliances deserve the extra protection from larger alliances and therefore tanks should be really powerful, please see that any alliance can stay small by donating a lot of funds to their HQ, doing lots of honourable attacks (as they're easier when you're small) and therefore maxing out the number of tanks they get - making them incredibly difficult to kill as the risk of getting massacred by the tanks is a risk too high for many attackers. They're limited at 750k for a reason.