HELP - COMPUTER PROBLEM

avash

Harvester
I need some help guys. I use this thing called ventrillo to speak on mic with some people for counter strike. And every time I click on it now it dont appear. The box seems to appear off screen and I cant touch it or see it or anything. I have tried:
-Shutting it down and restarting vent
-Ctrl+alt+delte and shutting down
-shutting my pc off

still same problem. HELP PLZ

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Re: HELP - COMPUTER PROBLEM

There's a great little tool I found when I had this problem before, called ZMover (download from CNet).
Allows you to move windows, resize your desktop, configure your layout etc.
Hope it helps :)

Darryl

Head Gardener

Which version of Vent, which OS?

Has it only started doing this recently? If so, have you tried a reinstallation of the software?

When you say "click on it", what exactly do you mean? When you try to open the software, when it's already open and you try to open the comms window, when you try to speak? and what exactly happens? You just can't open the main vent window, everything else is fine?

avash

Harvester

Darryl said:
Which version of Vent, which OS?

Has it only started doing this recently? If so, have you tried a reinstallation of the software?

When you say "click on it", what exactly do you mean? When you try to open the software, when it's already open and you try to open the comms window, when you try to speak? and what exactly happens? You just can't open the main vent window, everything else is fine?

Its 3.0.1 I believe. And yes its only started yesturday. And I have tried reinstallation of the software. I mean I click on it and the bottom and I see the window popping off screen. I know the ventrillo is still running as when this first started happening i was actually speaking to people. But now I cant even see to connect to a server. I cant open the main vent window I believe everything else is fine but it doesnt help as I cant move channels or connect to a server.

avash

Harvester

OMG weeble thanks that actually helped :D. I was so worrried as it kept appearing off screen. Weird I dont know how it got over there this never ever hapned before in like 2-3 years of using ventrilo. Now everything is fine and i can relax.

Just one more quick question. Can someone tell me how I can get to the startup menu thing. Like the menu where you can choose the programs that start on startup. As loads of unwanted programs startup when i startup my PC. And it takes my pc about 4-5 minutes to restart. So this would really help me.

Thanks.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

start -> Run

type in MSconfig

hit enter

startup tab

uncheck items you don't want to start up... be careful about unchecking windows services though, as some are needed.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I have 2 screens and if something opens up to wrong screen you can select it from other screen by right click on that program at your taskbar on bottom of the page (no idea if ventrilo is there) and then selecting "move". It will bring mouse over the selected window even if its out of the screen and with left click and drag you can drag it back to screen.

avash

Harvester

No it doesnt appear there blackwolf but thx anyway weebles thing really helped me :D. And thx bobbin that also helped. Wow it took me 5 minutes to restart due to all these programs popping up. Also disk cleaned up and it freed up 30GB :shock: