• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

H/F Rating to show in hover over thing!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
As I'm sure alot of you are learning white knights can be deadly this early on in the round.
So what I'm suggesting is when you hover over a target it also gives you their H/F rating aswell. This way people can actually try and dodge white knights (if they wish to) before hax are out.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't know if this was quite literally enacted as you made this post, but when i mouseover IDs, the very first line is "H/F Title: *******"

Is that the sort of thing you meant?

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I'm guessing he wants the value so that he could see if his target has the proper H/F to support White troops.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Right.

Well, i'd prefer it if WK and WW were simply not as powerful, since that seems to be a rather more significant issue early game. Then again, i certainly wouldn't oppose the H/F rating being shown either.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
I don't know if this was quite literally enacted as you made this post, but when i mouseover IDs, the very first line is "H/F Title: *******"

Is that the sort of thing you meant?

Nah rating because you can be a nobody and still have WK

Ranzou

Harvester
I was going to suggest this too. People who attack honourably very early on could have no idea they're walking into a trap, and they're not the ones this h/f system should punish.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I was going to suggest this too. People who attack honourably very early on could have no idea they're walking into a trap, and they're not the ones this h/f system should punish.

^^ same Just too lazy to post it

n1 cheese

Ezekiel

Harvester
Sure great idea, maybe when you hover all the units they have should show up then you'd never be victim to an 'unfair' 'trap'.

/sarcasm

Ranzou

Harvester
Sure great idea, maybe when you hover all the units they have should show up then you'd never be victim to an 'unfair' 'trap'.

/sarcasm

My point is it would work much better if it was a deterrent, rather than a complete surprise. A bit of randomness is fine, but this is just ridiculous.

The h/f system should work towards one end - right now it's just like a second, more extreme weather system.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Harvester
My point is it would work much better if it was a deterrent, rather than a complete surprise. A bit of randomness is fine, but this is just ridiculous.

The h/f system should work towards one end.

Fine in principle, but this undermines the point of the units. If you don't hack/spy, then why should you be able to figure out what units they have. Same goes for every other unit. People are clearly pissed at how strong they are, so maybe that's where they should be changed.

Elevnos

BANNED
I agree with ezekiel, it's your unit and you don't want people to know about it, just like a hax or but you don't need to research them, in early round the top ten won't be that far over 2,000 anyway, you should just be able to use them as a mark.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
The idea is not so people can work out exactly how many WK you have just a rough idea so people don't waste 3m flak...
And can I point out even with the H/F rating you can't work out exactly how many WK they have as you don't know how long they have had that H/F rating.

dave

Harvester

The h/f system should work towards one end.

Fine in principle, but this undermines the point of the units. If you don't hack/spy, then why should you be able to figure out what units they have. Same goes for every other unit. People are clearly pissed at how strong they are, so maybe that's where they should be changed.

i agree with this dude.
you cant see any units they have until u have hacks so why should it be different for white knights.
if anything make them less god damn powerful, a free unit shouldnt kill that much...

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Can I stress even with a target H/F rating you cannot work out exactly how many WK they have it is impossible! You only know if you are walking into alot or a few. God think about it.

Ezekiel

Harvester
Think about what? You are just pissed off your attacks are getting killed off by these units. What if these were spike traps we were talking? You don't have ANY idea if they have these before spy hacks ( just like every other unit, hence my point), and they would rape your flak. WK and WW should be treated just like any other unit.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Honour Fame rating can be found out though Ezekiel, by looking at the world tables page and asking others to look at it. It's a "public stat". But there is no "public stat" saying "This person might have spike traps". Also the ability to have White knights (ie above 2k H/F), doesn't mean they have them in a number above 100 - they may have just lost them in a fight, only just started gaining them, or have a large army of them - the number they have would remain entirely unknown. So it's not exactly the same argument.

Ezekiel

Harvester
Honour Fame rating can be found out though Ezekiel, by looking at the world tables page and asking others to look at it. It's a "public stat". But there is no "public stat" saying "This person might have spike traps". Also the ability to have White knights (ie above 2k H/F), doesn't mean they have them in a number above 100 - they may have just lost them in a fight, only just started gaining them, or have a large army of them - the number they have would remain entirely unknown. So it's not exactly the same argument.

Sort of my point though, making it easier/quicker to make a decision/assumption (even if its already possible) does still undermine their lethality, no?

You are right but if the stats are already obvious enough that doing the hover over won't change anything, why are people moaning about 'surprises' and 'traps'? Just seems to me that hacking is out quick enough (esp. now the dev multiplier is so much lower) that making it easier to dodge the short time WW/WK are good is a bit silly.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i agree with azzer and cheese.

http://www.bushtarion.com/world_tables.php shows those with what particular h/f rating. Its just your unable to scroll down or focus on any particular id.

I think it should be either completely hidden (which serves really no purpose) or look up enabled.

either in tool tip or in world view.
i know previously it was easy to look up because there were two scores h/f or l/f scores and value scores. With that removed (for the best) you're no longer look at peoples h/f value.

i think there should be a way to view it early on especially as i know people with white knights arent just defending but getting low acres and attacking people with out lethals. that are 70%+ so they can gain H/f quickly may not land but can easily kill lowbies flack prevent harvesting and be a general nuisance. without you knowing what they have sent and little chance of the lethals triggering due to thier tiny associated unit cost!

all in all very nasty tactic for some one considered to be honourable :p
so i would at least like to know if my inc. has the potential to have white knights etc.

it holds no problem defensively as mentioned it cannot be determined if you have some or any white knights or if allied etc. the only reason people wouldnt want it known publically (pre hacks) they are fearful they're attacking targets will run the flak away reducing the honour they gain from attacking up (>70%) during the low risk time of the flak wars

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Think about what? You are just pissed off your attacks are getting killed off by these units. What if these were spike traps we were talking? You don't have ANY idea if they have these before spy hacks ( just like every other unit, hence my point), and they would rape your flak. WK and WW should be treated just like any other unit.

Think about what? What I said... you and a few others are making it out that by knowing somebodies H/F rating you can work out exactly how many WK they have or what not. This is 100% wrong. That's what I'm telling you to think about.
And no I aint pissed off that WK have killed flak, it happens. I will make things simple for you as you obviously don't understand half the stuff put in this thread.

My suggestion is that you can see somebodies H/F rating when you hover over their id.
Why?
1) This is public information anyways you just have to be simular H/F to find it out.
2) Early on in the round when there are no hacks you can have a rough idea of whether your target has ridiculous amounts of WK

Now if you don't agree with the suggestion that's fine but by all means have reasons that aren't stupid.