Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
PW 4. Started about 7 hours ago.

Situation:

Me: Rank 1
My alliance: Rank 2 behind Recons ally by about 30%

Session Start: Tue May 05 09:47:13 2009
Session Ident: Recon_
[09:47] Session Ident: Recon_ (NetGamers, Twigley) (Recon@35.sub-75-254-158.myvzw.com)

[09:47] <Recon_> dont make me delete you lol
01[09:47] <Twigley> ? :/
[09:47] <Recon_> reconsider attacks? lol
01[09:48] <Twigley> No? :p
[09:48] <Recon_> shame
01[09:49] <Twigley> Total incoming hostile mobs: 3 1
01[09:49] <Twigley> Deal with it
01[09:49] <Twigley> Dont come crying to me
01[09:49] <Twigley> :p
[09:50] <Recon_> i dont have to cry :p i have POWER!
01[09:50] <Twigley> zzz
[09:50] <Recon_> lol really i cant lose my own PW lol would just be a waste of my money
[09:51] <Recon_> and whats gonna happen, spread some bad word about me, wow think thats not happened to me at all lol
01[09:52] <Twigley> ...
01[09:52] <Twigley> You are going to delete me because i am better than you in this PW?
01[09:52] <Twigley> Go ahead. But its pretty lame.
01[09:52] <Twigley> :)
[09:52] <Recon_> lol meh i'm lame
01[09:52] <Twigley> My alliance isnt even rank 1 ally
01[09:52] <Twigley> But w/e
01[09:52] <Twigley> Score queen
01[09:53] <Twigley> :)
[09:53] <Recon_> lol
01[09:53] <Twigley> Delete me and the res tof my rank 2 ally goes too
01[09:53] <Twigley> :p
[09:53] <Recon_> i'm not even under attack
01[09:53] <Twigley> Cannot beleive im even having this convo
01[09:53] <Twigley> Noodles time
01[09:53] <Twigley> :)
[09:53] <Recon_> meh
01[09:55] <Twigley> Infact
01[09:55] <Twigley> You in the rank 1 ally?
01[09:55] <Twigley> Infact i know you are.
01[09:55] <Twigley> And my alliance is 17m score less than yours
01[09:55] <Twigley> And you are threatening to delete me
01[09:55] <Twigley> Take a look at yourself
01[09:55] <Twigley> :)
01[09:56] <Twigley> Play the game with mobs, not threats
[09:56] <Recon_> meh
[10:09] <Recon_> i have POWER!

<TimTheTyrant> The world owner has just deleted 'The Last Time I Freaked Out [1829]'.
<TimTheTyrant> lol
<maickesh> how sad

Gg Recon.
Not seen something this lame in a pw since ... well ever.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
That sounds quite lame indeed. I was under the impression private worlds were bought for the enjoyment of a group, not so the provider could win something :-/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
PWs are for whatever the owner wishes, if they want to be lame, they can be lame. If they want to be cool, so be it. *shrug*

There are lots of lame things that go on here; this is just another example of a decaying, lazy, and generally incompetent playerbase.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, obviously the owner pays for the world so they CAN do anything they want with it. It doesnt mean they SHOULD.

That is extremely sad, if you wanted to play against yourself you should have just paid for a PW and just joined alone.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Appalling IMO. Its not like every player that enters into a PW, out of habit, says "Ok, but you can't treat this like your playground and kick me if I do well" - There's an expectation that won't happen.

I do think its sad. People put time and effort into PWs and the owner can just kick em' out.

I'd go as far as I to remove this power tbh, or somehow moderate it unless it is clearly stated you shouldn't play ftw', because the owner will kick you without thinking twice.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I've been deleted from different PWs like 3 times for winning them.

It is pretty lame, but then you just find the ID of the owner in world 1 and make him suffer, and it's not hard too, since they obviously care for their rank/score way too much.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Maybe there should be an option to turn this off when creating a world...so decent players who decide to set a PW up can check this option therefore letting players know they wont do this.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Or simply the owner of the world should not be allowed to delete IDs which are, lets say above 50% the average score of the PW.

So he can still delete the innactives, but he cannot delete the winner.

Oh and btw, if I was in Recon's team, I would leave the ally while he is sleeping, and kill him. Like someone wants to win a PW just because the owner deleted the real winner/s... but after so many people playing in a powerblock, I won't be surprised.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Or simply the owner of the world should not be allowed to delete IDs which are, lets say above 50% the average score of the PW.

So he can still delete the innactives, but he cannot delete the winner.

He might want to delete cheaters?
Tbh, as the owner pays for it, he should have unlimited power. No one forces anyone to play that world, and if no one plays, I doubt the owner will have much fun. :p

Matt

Harvester
everyone should to quit and delete there ID from that PW,

You Host a PW and ask people to join in and then u delete them if there going to stop you winning, thats pretty sad, and rather pointless.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A PW owner should always be able to have full control of a world he did, afterall, pay for. The world owner might say something like "Anyone that attacks and gets an ETA modifier because they attacked too low will be deleted, no bottom-feeders!", or "Anyone that is found 'napping' other players/not attacking eachother at all/clearly helping eachother will be deleted" etc. - the ability to "custom manage" your world is one of the beauties of PW's

At the same time, however, a world owner should take mature responsibility for the players they have invited in to the world, and consider that these players are investing their own time and are impacting every other players in that world. When a world owner is deleting ID's out of jealousy/malice/"fun" or anything else, that world owned is now shirking their responsibilities, and I invite players who are affected by such world owners to post up publically their bad experiences, so that if that world owner ever starts up another private world, people will think twice about joining in - meaning the world owner will end up having nobody wanting to join their worlds, and perhaps nobody else that buy sa PW will invite them to join their own worlds!

To that end, I'm going to create a new sticky thread in the PW sub-forum, called "Experiences", and I want people to post up their good experiences or bad experiences with a particular world owner. Then people have a point of reference to look for any "dodgy world owners" and may think twice before joining a PW run by them again (and may think twice about inviting such a person in to their own private worlds!)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
To that end, I'm going to create a new sticky thread in the PW sub-forum, called "Experiences", and I want people to post up their good experiences or bad experiences with a particular world owner. Then people have a point of reference to look for any "dodgy world owners" and may think twice before joining a PW run by them again (and may think twice about inviting such a person in to their own private worlds!)

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

Kuda

Official Helper
to be honest it's not that different to the result of most pw's these days.

I've been winning in a few pw's and the world owner just resets the pw when they feel like it (usually when most of the other ppl in the game are offline). But it is their pw and they can do what they like whether we like it or not unfortunately.

Cant remember infact the last time I played a pw that didn't reset atleast once during the ticks.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It didnt reset tho did it.
He just deleted me after i played from 2:30am my time - 10:30am my time because i was winning.

;)

Podunk

Head Gardener
I got a good laugh out of this. This is nothing new if you have ever played one of monk3h's PW's this in comparison is a very mild case of PW owner madness.

It's their money, their PW. They can do whatever they feel like.

Silence

Head Gardener
Just because it's a owners money it doesn't mean they are *allowed* to delete someone because they are winning. Sure they can but what's the point?

It doesn't surprise me recon did it. He should have just created a world where he owned 20 accounts and then and *maybe* then he could have won on his own accord. The thought of competition is far too nasty isn't recon? Where is your "I win button" in world one :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahead

Head Gardener
You will never be a proud owner of the Darkangel award.

AGREED! Although Dark_Angel is the only person that is good enough to win that award tbh.

Moderated by Weeble
Makes no sense now that above post is edited, is also completely retarded and is on the verge of winning the author a punch in the face.

Last edited by a moderator: