• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Fantasy: Aliens

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Bumped, pulled, dragged from 2009 - For fresh consideration in light of recent developments.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
You have got to be joking. this thread died for a reason... you wanna bump something - introduce something new and link the old thread for more information.

polo made great points on why this route was flawed. casting random resurrections is not helpful :/

not to mention the whole addition of the fantasy routes in general was poorly designed and poorly implemented. vamps and dragons should be removed from the game. don't vamps and sa fire at the same time now depending on who is attacking and who is defending? terrible.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You have got to be joking. this thread died for a reason... you wanna bump something - introduce something new and link the old thread for more information.

polo made great points on why this route was flawed. casting random resurrections is not helpful :/

Then perhaps (as was the reason for my resurrecting this thread) we could get some ideas in that could solve said flaws? We ok to do that Garrett? Can we get two thumbs up from you?

Here's my reason for bumping, sorry if this isn't a legitimate reason in your book:

I like the concept of an Alien tech-tree.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
something inherently flawed from the get go doesn't need tweaked. come up with a new solution rather than bumping dead threads. in other words you want an alien branch, come up with a new one that does new things.

no it's not ok.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The idea isn't inherently flawed. The idea has a sound and interesting concept. Some of the details have flaws, those flaws won't be fixed without discussion. Thus bump.

You're being combative for no real reason. To suggest that just because some of the details need tweaking and that we must demolish everything and start over - is quite frankly silly. Indeed to make a new thread titled "Alien Route" is technically against the rules. We already have a suggestion for alien based units. You're looking at it :)

CFalcon

Official Helper
polo made great points on why this route was flawed

Erm, polo made one point. He noted that a stunner and a briber on the same route wasn't a good idea. To be honest, I don't see the problem, as the stunning unit in question is slow firing, easily killed, and primarily targets NLT. But whatever, that's a seperate issue.

Infact, polo made more points in support of the idea than against. I'll admit it isn't a perfect suggestion, but as suggestions go isn't bad. And it can, if you'll take a moment to climb off your high horse, be modified for the current climate, which I can only apologise for not being able to prophecise 3 years ago.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
bad ideas won't fix the game. route introductions definitely won't do it either. you can call it high horse, combative, whatever you want.

truth is, it's bad. it won't happen. it's not needed. ty.

why? we already have 2.5 routes that do nothing specific.

harriers (aren't as good/specialized as rpg/striker).
dragons generic route that just sits there. sure it kills but it's not anti everything
vamps are there to combat SA because pa/robo in general and rangers wasn't enough and people were whining about more routes

the more you introduce routes without specific purpose which this route doesn't have (other than stunning/bribing)... the worse off this game will be.

I mean there is a new owner, why used old/bad ideas? why take us back instead of forward.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
yeah, let's necro all 11 pages of this forum section because one person thinks it's a good idea.

excuse me, 34 pages

CFalcon

Official Helper
Another stealth route would be great, imo.

One thing that quite a few people have mentioned - the game could do with a late firing AD unit in large-scale BRs. This is something the game is missing and something I totally agree with.

Hey look, I can drop Polo quotes as well.

A new route doesn't have to be pointless, there are still niches that can be filled.

Also, you personally may dislike the fantasy routes, but I know for certain that alot of people really enjoy them, and indeed have only stuck around because they enjoy them so much.

Added to that, there was a huge amount of interest and excitement when the new routes were introduced. Perhaps not by YOU, but it was there nonetheless. Generating that kind of interest is *exactly* what a new owner trying to kickstart growth needs to do.

I accept it's an old idea that's been necro'd, but you have yet to demonstrate that it's a bad one.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
back when there was an active coder - this didn't gain any traction.

take the hint? move on with life.

CFalcon

Official Helper
I don't actually care that much if this suggestion is implemented. I didn't bring it up. I just like pointing out the flaws in your argument :)

Continuing in that theme:

Garrett said:

CFalcon said:
I realise that a new route is very low on the agenda right now, and that chances of this being implemented are zero. I'm just treating this as a thought exercise.

And also, when this was suggested, there was no active coder. Azzer had already disappeared when I first suggested this.

Garrett said:

The hint is a lie! And whyever would I want to move on?

Do you have any other completely fatuous drivel to brighten my evening with?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
just cuz you are like a child asking 'why, why, why, why' til someone stops talking doesn't make this a better idea.

tbf, when anyone disagrees with you - you are never satisfied with any response. you are simply looking for talking points to continue your debate. I will not feed your need.

Elevnos

BANNED

I don't know why you're here. Crawl back into your hole. Some people here want an intelligent discussion about the game. Your point is that it's flawed, yet you're only arguing with the actual concept of an Alien-style route. Just because you don't like a route type, it does not mean that other people don't too. Maybe there are some people who don't like the idea, but most of those people give proper arguments rather than flaming when there is in fact, no need for you to. If it is a bad idea, then it will not be done, I'm sure Magpie has enough judgement to realise that, or at least ask some people. Nobody cares if you don't like it.

On topic:
The concept of an alien route seems kinda cool, but I think it would need to be more unique. I like Oggie's idea of mind-control rather than just pure bribing a lot though!

Reactions: Dax

CFalcon

Official Helper
I direct you to the creationism vs evolution "debate". Just because creationists keep making stupid points, and scientists keep refuting them, doesn't mean a debate is still happening, doesn't mean the creationists are making valid points, and doesn't mean the scientists are being "provocative" or "whiney" when they respond to those stupid points.

You claim I'm being provocative when *you* try to make a point about azzer being an active coder and dismissing the idea, and I merely reply that he infact wasn't?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Garrett you're sounding more and more of a prat with each passing post.
Azzer never looked at this suggestion, or many others from midway through 2009 onwards, so bringing them back up for consideration now that we are getting new ownership with changes promised is actually a sensible idea.

Admittedly not all suggestions are created equal and some can be dismissed relatively swiftly once the pros/cons have been DISCUSSED and worked out, but dismissing out of hand because they're a few years old, that's just being close-minded and overly cynical.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
just cuz you are like a child asking 'why, why, why, why' til someone stops talking doesn't make this a better idea.

tbf, when anyone disagrees with you - you are never satisfied with any response. you are simply looking for talking points to continue your debate. I will not feed your need.

I think this is a good idea. I like the concept, the units proposed are well thought out and I think we could definitely work on implementing something like this.

Clearly you don't like the idea Garrett, so just say so and move on? Instead of being unnecessarily combative just for the sake of argument.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
*yawn*

looking at it 3 years ago and not liking it and still not liking it is hardly a snap judgement oggles. you can board the hate train, but not one person has suggested how to make this better and it's been admitted that this has flaws.

so gg to all. you bothered to hate on me rather than posing ANYTHING new. ANYTHING that would make this thread relevant.

CFalcon

Official Helper

h2N7e.jpg

Reactions: Dax