• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Fantasy: Aliens Reborn

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
This is all very nice and what-have-you, but I'd just like to point out the high probability that any new route is going to be completely ignored by Azzer, and hence the utter pointlessness of wasting your time with them. Sorry.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
This is all very nice and what-have-you, but I'd just like to point out the high probability that any new route is going to be completely ignored by Azzer, and hence the utter pointlessness of wasting your time with them. Sorry.

i knowz toby, but ya know, gives us summit to talk about :p

and who knows, our gloriously non-existant creator might resurface at some point.. maybe... when hell freezes over and aliens invade from Mars...

Davs

Garden Designer
I quite like the fact that the p-unit isn't too amazing tbh. It makes the route more friendly towards the poorer members of the playerbase (like myself) who don't like having to pay money just to make a route more playable.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I quite like the fact that the p-unit isn't too amazing tbh. It makes the route more friendly towards the poorer members of the playerbase (like myself) who don't like having to pay money just to make a route more playable.

yarrr, there arent that many routes that are truly competitive without their punits, robos, rpgs, pom and at a push striker being the only ones i can think of (harriers dont count as that route isnt competitive 95% of the time anyway)

so having another viable option for those who dont wish to purchase, but still want to do quite well and not be hamstrung by not having purchased, would be good ^^

boogie

Weeder

yarrr, there arent that many routes that are truly competitive without their punits, robos, rpgs, pom and at a push striker being the only ones i can think of (harriers dont count as that route isnt competitive 95% of the time anyway)

so having another viable option for those who dont wish to purchase, but still want to do quite well and not be hamstrung by not having purchased, would be good ^^

i second that lol. i'm one of those that can't spend money on this game and by the looks of it this looks pretty playable for those who aren't spending money for the p-unit like me

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

although potentially true. azzer wint copy thid idea and run with it.

as im pretty sure he likes to be in the creating process and add in very subtle things that you wouldnt notice at first glance with a route. in terms of things you can pair it up with and do.

but i do think if he looks at this, he may like parts of it and parts of other peoples suggestions, or concepts. and use it in forming a third branch of fantasy that is so finely intergrated into the system that it makes every route important, vital and balanced. with no route being unecessary any longer.

maybe.

Davs

Garden Designer

although potentially true. azzer wint copy thid idea and run with it.

as im pretty sure he likes to be in the creating process and add in very subtle things that you wouldnt notice at first glance with a route. in terms of things you can pair it up with and do.

but i do think if he looks at this, he may like parts of it and parts of other peoples suggestions, or concepts. and use it in forming a third branch of fantasy that is so finely intergrated into the system that it makes every route important, vital and balanced. with no route being unecessary any longer.

maybe.

Good luck fully integrating extremists... But otherwise I agree.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
What's the problem with Extremists? They are fully viable as a route now. They require insane activity to really be useful, but with that activity/contactability they are such a moronic pain in the ass. Use them as last on a wave and they're guaranteed to land. Last tick with them and you're guaranteed to see a pull. Just that your average player can't play the route does not mean it's useless. I actually think there should be some routes that are "specialized".

However, I would like to get back to a more rock-scissor-paper balance, even if it meant a total rebalance. New unit names/stats. But iirc BlackWolf asked for this in round 16 or something, so I doubt that's up for discussion. But a rock-paper-scissor (with a few specialized side routes like thiefs/extremist) would be awesome.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
What's the problem with Extremists? They are fully viable as a route now. They require insane activity to really be useful, but with that activity/contactability they are such a moronic pain in the ass. Use them as last on a wave and they're guaranteed to land. Last tick with them and you're guaranteed to see a pull. Just that your average player can't play the route does not mean it's useless. I actually think there should be some routes that are "specialized".

You're 100% bang on about extremists. Yochoko proved that last round.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
And do I know that.. he was a menace :p I've been on both the receiving and giving end of lethal Extremist defence. It's a bet nobody wants to make.

Davs

Garden Designer

However, I would like to get back to a more rock-scissor-paper balance, even if it meant a total rebalance. New unit names/stats. But iirc BlackWolf asked for this in round 16 or something, so I doubt that's up for discussion. But a rock-paper-scissor (with a few specialized side routes like thiefs/extremist) would be awesome.

My issue with extremists is that outside an active alliance it's pretty useless. It's complete lack of firepower at middle and range mean that in order to not get hammered all the time is to be online all the time. I agree that in the right place (last tick defence, finishing off an alliance wave) it's spectacular. But I see no point in a route that can only really do anything at the close tick.

Nibles

Weeder
Just wait for Ogluk to come up with the Pokemon route... just so he can get his Dragonite in there ;) lol

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Just wait for Ogluk to come up with the Pokemon route... just so he can get his Dragonite in there ;) lol

dont need to, Dragons work perfectly well as Dragonite substitutes :p
the mid tick is when Hyper Beam is recharging!

Nibles

Weeder

dont need to, Dragons work perfectly well as Dragonite substitutes :p
the mid tick is when Hyper Beam is recharging!

Oh Ogluk, you just so cool ;) lol I had a feeling you would suggest something witty about dragons! I like the idea of aliens as another branch from fantasy, just needs to be balanced appropriately :)