facepalms and silly mistakes

Thatguykram

Weeder
Well after I just sold 80 bils worth of seeds instead of planting them and setting my next dev back 7 hours, I was wondering if there was anything that sticks in your mind from your bush career that makes you think "I'm such an idiot?"

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Believing Azzer might one day return and make some changes.

dXZMy.gif

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Organise mass defence v resistance.
Almost all incs recalling / dying.
Land being saved everywhere.
Go back to xbox while our mobs return.
Hear 39 highlights.
Open bush.
Wonder why ive dropped from rank 1 to rank 100+.
Forgot i had a mob of 300m TL returning mid tick.
Rage

edd

Tree Surgeon
I once got pranked on in the middle of the night at the start of eta1 for an inc on me from the top ally, there was no defense and it was declared a land hit. Now for some reason I had it in my head that i needed to LT myself and while waiting for the tick I fell back asleep. Got pranked on again with about 20 seconds left before the end of AF3 and in a panic i looked for the eta of my units (i was playing by iphone so i had to zoom in and eta is next to the box for typing in what you want to send out), saw a 5 and a 3 in a row and assumed it was my rangers/harriers but alas, i sent out 100 officers/paras instead! I then had enough time to send out 400m flak and as that mob went through i looked down the military page and to my dismay i saw i had left my 140m rangers and 35m harriers home and then the tick went :'(

Lost 10.5tril in one tick and didn't even fire! But thanks for pranking JamesNChina :p

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Staying up 20+ hours a day during the 5 minute ticks round.
Trying to lead (ever).
Not playing with Toby every round.
Suiciding POMs and Gurus like a pro (no wait that was awesome!)

Thatguykram

Weeder

I love our chats

Believing Azzer might one day return and make some changes.
IWantToBelieve.Jpg

Organise mass defence v resistance.
Almost all incs recalling / dying.
Land being saved everywhere.
Go back to xbox while our mobs return.
Hear 39 highlights.
Open bush.
Wonder why ive dropped from rank 1 to rank 100+.
Forgot i had a mob of 300m TL returning mid tick.
Rage

Haha, that kick to the stomach. I know that feel.

I once got pranked on in the middle of the night at the start of eta1 for an inc on me from the top ally, there was no defense and it was declared a land hit. Now for some reason I had it in my head that i needed to LT myself and while waiting for the tick I fell back asleep. Got pranked on again with about 20 seconds left before the end of AF3 and in a panic i looked for the eta of my units (i was playing by iphone so i had to zoom in and eta is next to the box for typing in what you want to send out), saw a 5 and a 3 in a row and assumed it was my rangers/harriers but alas, i sent out 100 officers/paras instead! I then had enough time to send out 400m flak and as that mob went through i looked down the military page and to my dismay i saw i had left my 140m rangers and 35m harriers home and then the tick went :'(

Lost 10.5tril in one tick and didn't even fire! But thanks for pranking JamesNChina :p

9 minutes and 40 secs into the tick:
Where men are made and men are broken.

I have to say, there's been plenty of times where I've been bounty hunting; Hit them hard in the first tick and made a profit and thought "Hell yeah, I'm gonna hit them again!" only to end up making a loss overall.

I'm not one for quitting while I'm ahead I must say!
I just tell myself it makes it more interesting that way, it's not always about winning...

...sometimes

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Setting a phone alarm for an sas check/flyover

Getting so into cod alarm goes off, and i assume its for pizza in the oven, go to check on non existant oven pizza, get distrated by lack of pizza so cook some diner, come back to sas raped troops. Remember why i set alarm. Fail

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Trying to lead (ever).

That five-tick round was absolute carnage. Which alliance was that? I remember being in the same one... was it Desperados?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Trying to lead (ever).

That five-tick round was absolute carnage. Which alliance was that? I remember being in the same one... was it Desperados?

That's the one. I think I was CO, not Leader? Either way it was horrifying.

Coruba

Head Gardener
That was quite funny James.

I thought you would of picked complaining to alliance members about how they send White Knights to ones AHQ :roll:

Max

Garden Designer
Thinking that challenger 2 tanks have negligible firepower.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Trying to lead (ever).

I think Dill was leader, so probably CO. I remember your insane activity though.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
/me summons JJ to post about the time he had most land in the game and not enough harvs

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Trying to lead (ever).

I think Dill was leader, so probably CO. I remember your insane activity though.

For sure! I slept in front of my laptop (actually passed out) and drank redbull (or the cheap version, red rain?!) and just woke up to Highlights, sent, faked, sent, recalled, resent. Insanity. I just... I've never worked that hard at this game in my life and I slept for like 10 days straight at the end of it. And people keep saying "OH 5 minute ticks would be fun." **** YOU. It's not fun. It's awful.