donating

rooney

Head Gardener
i cant donate. when i click donate nothing happened. any help?
apparently sum1 else in my ally had the same problem yesterday

antisback

Head Gardener
Re: donating

I had the same problem, my ally thought i was just making things up so i didn't donate, it fixes itself after a while. :)

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

antisback said:
I had the same problem, my ally thought i was just making things up so i didn't donate, it fixes itself after a while. :)

He almost got kicked for donation evasion! But it ended up being he was telling the truth :/

rooney

Head Gardener

i was trying to donate 2bil bobbin so that cant have been it. and if u dont donate enuf the page refreshes but just doesnt donate. it was like the donate button wasnt there

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I've updated the code, and error messages should be more robust and clear.

Please post again if you encounter problems donating, and copy and paste the error message that apepars at the top of the alliance page exactly (or give exact details of what is happening). But hopefully the clear error messages should cover things (there were a couple of instances, such as donating more cash than you had available, that would have returned no error message but would have failed, for instances).

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

What browser are you trying it with? Also check and try to disable any third party plugins you may have that could be affecting the page... eg Bushtarion toolkit, or even non-Bushtarion things like AdBlock Plus (add http://www.bushtarion.com/* to the safe list etc.) - it's easily possible that these tools interfere with a page's code to the degree they cause errors.

antisback

Head Gardener

/me would like to point out the toolkit doesn't modify the donations part of the page in anyway, i first thought it was the culprit too but disabled it and it still didn't work

Just try again after a while and it works fine

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I just got the same error. Log out/In, force refresh, disabling addons/antis' toolkit, restarting firefox... Still doesn't work. You can click the donate button but nothing happens. Weird. :|

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The button appears, but clicking it doesn't do anything? (eg it's as if you never clicked anything)

Can you clear the "Error Console" in Firefox, then reload the page and click it again and see if any errors appear? (you'll get some about "Unknown property filter" - because that's an Internet Explorer setting only and not a standard web thing so Firefox warns you about it... but if you get any other errors...)

Does disabling/enabling the "Show Help Links" option change whether it works or not?

Is it only not working when certain things are visible on the page? Eg incoming hostiles? Other online alliance members? No incoming hostiles?

Usually if a web button is visible, but clicking it does nothing, it's either invalid HTML somewhere, or a javascript error causing it, to the best of my experience...

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Seems to work now, I'll try to test all that and more I can think of once I catch it not working properly. ;)

Heaky

Digger

I had this same problem and tried all of these suggestions but nothing worked.

But then when we were finnished with our inconomings and there were no mobs visable on our alliance page it suddenly worked fine.

Just my findings.