Development time

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I finally start Hypnos, and i have my set time they finish. (which is posted in pols) I log off go to bed, come back and the time has extended by about 4 ticks...Which is 4 ticks different to what it was posted in pols not long ago.

I thought the ETA of ur reseach/construction didnt change, once you had started it.

Am i wrong?

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Re: Development time

If the server had any outage last night then that would effect it.

If the server loses connection to the internet, then it stops ticking. So this could have caused it.

Only thing i can think of tbh.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i had this on sentries. due to finish the next day at 15:50. i was excited couldnt wait. then boom all of a sudden they are on completion for 16:00,,,

in my particular case though i couldnt time it better they completed on the same tick my incoming was attacking for 3.

:D

SadYear

Pruner

Bobbin said:

If the server loses connection to the internet, then it stops ticking. So this could have caused it.

Indeed, the server forgot about ticking a few times in the last few days.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

SadYear said:
Bobbin said:

I doubt it 'forgot'

It probably lost contact to what it tries to establish contact to in order to actually tick (I.E. websites etc)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Bobbin said:
SadYear said:
Bobbin said:

I doubt it 'forgot'

It probably lost contact to what it tries to establish contact to in order to actually tick (I.E. websites etc)
Nah I'm sure it 'forgot'

Starwon

Weeder

yeah i had this happen last round and i think thats what azzer said

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I may alter the script and make it always tick once if it loses connection... and require say at least 2 ticks in a row of "no connectivity" before it skips a tick, to avoid times where the server loses connection very briefly or some bad packet loss on a router makes it think it has no connection and skips a tick. It would mean that if the server did lose connection fully for a while (say an hour or two if something bad happened), there would still be a couple of ticks before ticks auto-froze... but that wouldn't really be so bad I don't think?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

maybe i missed your point here, by no connectivity does this make the user unable to do anything? because having it ticking whilst the user cant be anything for lets say 2 ticks...
people get kill themselves on attacks and mess up defence etc.

hope that made sense, it did in my head :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Yeah, you can't make it tick while users can't do anything, i'd sugest if server looses connection at the right time of ticking it retryes two more times after 1 and 2 minutes ?