Bush + Adblock Plus

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I have the Firefox extension Adblock Plus installed (which blocks ads etc and also allows you to block anything you want). Since yesterday, I noticed the "block this object" in the top left-hand corner of all Bush pages. If I click the button, the object that I can block is http://bin.clearspring.com/at/v/1/button1.6.swf

Just wondering if anyone knows what the hell it is?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Just done a quick google, and it would appear to be relating to the 'Share Bushtarion' link, provided by a company called 'ClearSpring':

Launchpad.jpg

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearspring

I can only assume that the Share Bushtarion link is in some way affiliated with it.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The "Share This" feature is provided by AddThis (you'll see a lot of websites these days using "AddThis" for such share links);
http://www.addthis.com

Clearspring provide some of the technology used by AddThis - notably a "Shockwave flash" file which is used as a small bit of "stats tracking" in order for me to be able to track users that use the "Share" links as aggregate data (eg how many people clicked share this via facebook). The tracking data is aggregate only, is only for my own benefits (not some big ad company), and is only related to the usage of the share buttons.

If you're at all bothered by the idea that you using Share This can be tracked as aggregate statistical data by myself, feel free to block the SWF, it won't (or certainly shouldn't) affect the functionality of the share links whatsoever, but by itself it is nothing to be concerned about - so block it or leave it at your whim! :D

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Have you edited anything with the AddThis thingy Azzer?
As now I keep getting a "Additional plug-ins required...." thing coming at the top of my page on every bush page I go on in-game.

This never used to happen before, I'd click the share Bushtarion link and it'd go away.. now it just, doesn't! :evil:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No not at all - not since it first went in. Wonder if they've been tinkering with it. Try updating your Flash plugin to the latest version (10.0.22.87 I think?), see if that removes it?

Don

Weeder
Ugh. I'm trying to use firefox at work but everytime I load a bush page now, it loads and then pops up the 'additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page', which is very annoying. I have no way of installing flash on the machines here at work, so is there any way to disable this annoying little flash plugin? Or at least preventing firefox from complaining about it?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I'll sort something out in the coming week to try and get it all working smoothly without the .swf at all.