Bug rumour

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I acknowledge it's a rumour. However it's been said more than once that there is a bug that is allowing id's to be known ahead of time.

[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <xxxx>PLAYERS INGAME NAME
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <xxxx> :eek:
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <01DirtyWord> wtf?
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <xxxx> :O
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <01DirtyWord> how'd you find that out
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <xxxx> bugs before ticks
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <xxxx> ftw
[00:57] <@DirtyWord> <01DirtyWord> what bugs?
^^ above question was never answered.

[01:06] <@DirtyWord> anyways <xxx> has the names of 103 people
apparently
if above is true, then this is above and beyond what could be covered by the misunderstanding over public id's, especially since most of those have restarted.

It could be plain old spying, but if it's true, then it should be looked into.

thanks

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Having looked in to this, there is no physical way I can find anywhere that a portal nickname can be obtained unless the ID in question has selected to make their nickname public on ID Settings. If they do not have this setting selected, it's not possible to get their nickname.

I'd say this is a fine example of player A wanting to wind up player B by using nothing more than standard "spy" methods, and then making it out to be something magical/mystical/special ("OOOh I'm so hardcore I use bugs to get your names!").

Truth is if there was a bug that allowed them to get nicknames for ID's so easily, the person in question's known ID/nickname list should be far longer than what they have :p

Just check your internal allies for spies/ID's that may be friends with any member of that other alliance etc. as usual!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Posting in epic thread

Moderated by Weeble
Spam

Last edited by a moderator:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I'm guessing this person is just lying to make everyone paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator: