Attack/Armour Points

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Attack/Armour Points

I somehow don't understand your question. What do you mean by "flak"?

Chezz

Harvester

AdrianB said:
in battle, do units (LET) take points of "flak" per tick?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I'll attempt to understand your question.

I guess what you're trying to ask is if LET units can be flakked in battle.

The point is, if the target of enemy unit is ALL, then you can flak LETs with any unit, such as Gardeners etc. If the target of the enemy unit is LET, then you can flak only with LETs, such as privates etc.

Does that answer your question?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I think you are asking if LET units can strip armour without killing, the answer is yes, so if you have 1mil RPGs shooting, the 1mil Secret Agents shooting after will do more damage, as the RPGs stripped armour to make them more prone to health damage. The same applies to anything armour targeting the same target class before the health damage units fire.

AdrianB

Digger

I know how it works, but what i want to know is if i sent One Million Gardeners with some of my land thieves to a target with One Million Shield Androids, are the androids going to attack every tick until gardeners are gone (which should be one, i presume)?
I realize that gardeners only make the chances of thieves dying small, I'm just making a calculator that roughly gets the amount of flak needed for an attack...

Im asking because usually nothing happens the first two ticks...

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

my advise is:

Ask friends/people on irc for flak ratio's per unit.

the ratio thread is fine and all. but youll have to take notice that those ratios dont always contain pure flak kills. and if they do its with an very small amount of killers taking the ratio aspect out of proportion.

you could also do some flak attack at low people just to see the ratio put into practice.

ill give you a pointer in the right direction.

lets say your target has 1mil tyrant drones

From the manual:
Name: Tyrant Drone [£75,000]
Unit Type: Robotic
Unit Class: LET
Attack type: Kills [all]
Targets: LET / INN / ALL

tyrant drones do 1:40 at gardeners (roughly)

you battle the tyrant drones for 3 ticks (the attack type = Kills [all] all means all ticks)

so you need 1mil x 3 x 40 = 120mil gards to get passed the tyrant drones.

for save measure i calculate an extra 10% just to be save :)

good luck

AdrianB

Digger

I understand know, i had to attack a few people.
it works really well cuz im getting a ton of land without fail :D
i can see exactly how many ppl i need to send and roughly how many will return (i'll work on that)

Also, im wondering, when a unit gets distracted, is it only for that tick or for the rest of the battle?

Chezz

Harvester

A unit that is distracted stays distracted only for that tick. Also, a distracted/disabled unit cannot be targetted by any other unit that tick.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Which means that a distracted or disabled unit is invulnerable for the rest of that tick, opposed to units that are stunned.

Chezz

Harvester

Just to add on to what No-Dachi said, distracted, disabled, and stunned units are similar in the sense that the units all cannot attack for that tick.

However, in the case of stunned units, they can be attacked by other units while distracted, disabled units cannot.

yoyo

Planter

people above have answered your question except:

them shield androids only fire on lethals[close] so your gardeners will jump up and down with joy! being innocent and all :D