Ar does not work

Ezekiel

Harvester
I just got ****ing same ticked by mass rpg and SA ( I'm striker) and got literally zeroed in one tick. I think that's called getting raped so why no ****ing help.

There is no ****ing point playing this game anymore. You dont even have to be good, you just have to be some ****ing massive loser that just sits on here day and night. And there's definetly no point playing solo, because evrytime you wake up you find you have to rebuild because you got waved by an alliance or two.

Cant believe i spent a whole 5 pounds on this ****. Could of bought something much better like salmonela from a roadside burger van.

Last edited:

Max

Garden Designer
That does sound rather painful!

However, whenever I have played solo in the past I have found AR to be quite adequate.

Do you have an estimate of your AR modifier when you were hit? Do you have a high land fat %? Did you have many lethal troops?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how well you have prepared yourself (solo or allied) you will get zeroed. Even players with 20 hour a day activity in a rank 1 alliance have been completely and utterly decimated by a resistance before.

While the striker route is not the best solo route to play, it is certainly filled with armour, so I must admit I am surprised that you got zeroed in the first tick! However, there are a number of potential reasons for it. Any chance of posting a battle report?

Ezekiel

Harvester
Sure. I'm my phone so give me a sec and I'll edit.

Before i got hit i had just over 10mil marines, just inder 5mil strikers, and just over 3 mil apaches.

Mon 27th May, year 4. Noon Motion alarms
Motion alarms were beeping along various corridors, but we could not see anybody. Somebody is obviously trying to spy.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Morning Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 10,150,000 people from xxxxxwill arrive to attack you.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Morning Stealth detected
A stealth mob has been detected, ETA now 1 ticks, 15,000,000 currently visible. Mob sent from xxxxxx to attack you.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Early hours Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 10,050,000 people from xxxxxx
Mon 27th May, year 4. Early hours Motion alarms
Motion alarms beeped, and we saw a spy on our CCTV systems that works for xxxxx].
Sun 26th May, year 4. Evening Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 25,000,000 people from xxxxx will arrive to attack you.

Mon 27th May, year 4. Afternoon
Battle Report - Defending
[range] 25,000,000 hostile RPG Trooper attacked, killing 9,148,322 allied staff.
[range] 1,219,116 allied Striker attacked, killing 84,656 hostile staff.
[range] 14,970,918 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 26,583,200 allied staff.
[range] 1,481,017 allied Apache Longbow attacked, killing 2,546,361 hostile staff.
[range] 4,641,637 allied Marine attacked, killing 1,901,751 hostile staff.
[range] 1,559 allied Heavy Weapons attacked, killing 1,291 hostile staff.

Died: 4,534,059 [£252,310,540,000] enemies dead. 35,731,522 [£1,052,696,466,400] friendlies dead.

You gained 521,666 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving £337,565,357,850 insurance.

Mon 27th May, year 4. Afternoon Hack detected
Our IDS alerted us of a possible hack attempt. We traced the IP back to xxxxx.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Afternoon Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 10,050,000 people from xxxxxxx will arrive to attack you.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Afternoon Motion alarms
Motion alarms beeped, and we saw a spy on our CCTV systems that works for xxxxxxx

Mon 27th May, year 4. Evening Hack detected
Our IDS alerted us of a possible hack attempt, but we couldn't trace the hackers IP in time.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Evening Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 3 ticks, xxxxx will arrive to attack you.
Mon 27th May, year 4. Evening Hack detected
Our IDS alerted us of a possible hack attempt, but we couldn't trace the hackers IP in time.

Mon 27th May, year 4. Evening xxxxxxx
Battle Report - xxxxxxx
[middle] 22,062,705 hostile RPG Trooper attacked, killing 5,144,264 allied staff.
[middle] 13,403,236 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 10,166,128 allied staff.

Died: 15,310,392 [£675,362,675,000] friendlies dead.

You gained 108,058 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving £222,537,639,100 insurance.

Defending xxxxxx
Battle Report - Defending xxxxxx
[close] 13,403,236 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 419,245 allied staff.

Died: 419,245 [£18,280,580,000] friendlies dead.

You gained 2,925 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving £6,398,203,000 insurance.

Defending xxxxx
Battle Report - Defending xxxxx
[close] 50,000 hostile Geo-Phys Thief stole 583 land. [231] tree. [220] bush. [65] flower. [67] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Tue 28th May, year 4. Evening Defending xxxxx
[close] 40,000 hostile Wheelbarrower stole 530 land. [210] tree. [200] bush. [59] flower. [61] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Tue 28th May, year 4. Afternoon Defending xxxxx
[close] 150,000 hostile Geo-Phys Thief stole 506 land. [200] tree. [191] bush. [57] flower. [58] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Tue 28th May, year 4. Noon Defending xxxxx
[close] 50,000 hostile Geo-Phys Thief stole 568 land. [225] tree. [215] bush. [63] flower. [65] grass. [0] uncultivated.

and thats only a few of the land train. i got hit by 7 people.

so basically in 12 ticks i got completly zeroed and was left with nothing but 1k acres to my name. how is that fair at all. its going to take me the rest of the round to get back into the top 100, and i really cant be bothered now. ive already had to do it 3 times. which, btw, has been for this same reason, and all from the same alliance. ill let you guess what ****ing one.

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
I just got zeroed as a solo by a guy twice my size. I'm going to go and cry now...
Oh wait, I forgot, it's part of the game.

Did AR help? No, because my AR mod was too low. There's nothing wrong with AR as it is imo, a fair number of my targets this round have been saved by it so it can't be inadequate - it just sucks when attackers realise than your AR mod has finally gone down.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
If you got zeroed in 1 tick as a solo Striker player, you obviously need to play the game more and get better at it.

Ezekiel

Harvester
No one? You can't tell me to stop crying and that I just suck at this game wihout giving me any actual advice. That just makes you and idiot.

Davs

Garden Designer
If you got zeroed in 1 tick as a solo Striker player, you obviously need to play the game more and get better at it.

why dont you tell me what i should of done then please.

By the looks of things, joined an alliance :p

Bing bing bing! You've just won a packet of Monster Munch!!!

As a solo there is nothing you can do to prevent the inevitable woop-ass coming your way - I play solo more than allied so I'm rather well experienced at having my troops decimated several times a round.

The only ways to ensure that you never get zeroed is to join an amazing alliance, use sleep mode all the time or just stay awake for ridiculous periods of time. It's the price we pay to free ourselves from the restrictions of allied play.

Ezekiel

Harvester
So basically i need to make friends with people as sad as the people attacking me? Ok then.

Max

Garden Designer
You could always try a solo route without buying any lethals! That's generally how I get through each round xD

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
No one? You can't tell me to stop crying and that I just suck at this game wihout giving me any actual advice. That just makes you and idiot.

Lol @ this. Polo is an exceptionally talented player with any route, especially striker. He may not be the most sympathetic guy around, but the game mechanics you're complaining about, while not perfect, are still not broken.

And I assume he'll get back to you when he has the time so be patient young fella!

And i'm inclined to agree with him, if you died in one tick as a striker, you're doing something wrong.... and you died over three ticks to a large force of one of the strongest 'combination' routes in the game. RPG followed by SA is unbelievably strong and it's no big surprise you died, over 3 ticks. Striker is one of the strongest routes in the whole game, at least survivability wise, and the only way to kill them (assuming they aren't terribly set up) is with massive overwhelming force.

While you have my sympathies about dying (and you've obviously got some allied guys with their eye on you waiting to pop back into range) the game mechanics certainly aren't broken. It's simply inevitable that you're going to die as a solo, unless you use sleepmode, or have an exceptional pair of PNAPs.

Goodluck!

Ezekiel

Harvester
I don't really think ar is broken, but it definetly shouldn't be called 'anti rape' because I definetly had my sacred ring destroyed.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The name is irrelevant. Whatever you call it it's gov't defenses that generally prevent massive rape from occurring. You were killed by a combo of larger players, which happens in this game. Either one of you would have been able to fight, the problem here was the combination that did you in. But that's kinds how this game works.
Thank you, come again!

Last edited:

dafe

Harvester
i do think ar isnt working 100% as it should

Heavy Weapons [750,000] Grenadier [1,000,000]
Striker [3,300,000] Apache Longbow [1,500,000]

and i get 28mil SA, 7mil sins and 2mil ninja incoming and no ar, how on earth would i be able to even put a dent in this guys staff? even if i were all apache or something he would rape me 20x over and think some ar shouldve shown up even if ar mod is low

Changer

Head Gardener

and i get 28mil SA, 7mil sins and 2mil ninja incoming and no ar, how on earth would i be able to even put a dent in this guys staff? even if i were all apache or something he would rape me 20x over and think some ar shouldve shown up even if ar mod is low

Did you have alot of acres / any funds?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

The entire game is based on routes owning others. A solo of one route is vunerable to that route's weakness, in your case anything that isn't pure armour and can kill you before apaches fire (ding ding ding, SA). You, and indeed the first poster here, wouldn't be complaining if a robo of the same size as the SA attacked, because you'd put up a much better fight. AR isn't designed to take this into consideration. This is something every player has to find a way to deal with.

As has already been said. You can either hit sleep mode when you're not on, or carefully choose active pnaps who can counter the threat of your route's weakness.

Or join an alliance, where effective defence being available isn't based on AR triggering :p

Few people can play solo without dying horribly a few times per round, its a demanding playstyle that requires a lot more attention to your survival than alliance-play.