• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alternate/Additional 'cookie limit' idea

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Okay, I have no idea how many people are affected by the cookie limit in terms of switching computers (for whatever reason - being at school/university, not saving cookies, etc) so don't know how useful or indeed used this system would be, but I propose a slight alteration to the cookie limit lock scheme.

At the moment, when you hit a certain number of logins without a cookie, your account is locked out for a finite period; irregardless of the fact you may have logged in from that exact computer before.
I suggest that along with a cookie check, your are subjected to an IP/Agent/time/etc check as well.

If that doesn't quite make sense, read on...

Say somebody logs onto their Bushtarion account from a computer at University at lunchtime, 1300 hours, on a Friday to plant some seeds and send out an attack - for simplicities sake, their Cookie Limit is currently at two, but after this login, has decreased to one.
Under current conditions, their next login would be subject to a lock out. Under my proposed solution, if the same person came back to the same machine at 1700 hours on the same day and logged in successfully, they would be informed that although their cookie limit is at one, they logged on via this IP&Agent combo* less than 12 hours ago and thus are being granted access anyway.
This would reduce overall cookie limit lockouts and irritate less people (willym..?)

If people are concerned that if it was someone else that logged onto this machine and somehow logged in to this other persons account and was granted access, then you could make it a 'limited' access session - IE they can access everything EXCEPT account/preference controls (ie they can't delete/change details, etc, they can only do gameplay-related stuff).

* This could be a combination of anything that might be able to identify the individual PC. I believe Azzer has methods for this detection anyway...

Again, I'm not 100% sure how many people this cookie thing affects but this was an idea I just suddenly had while at Uni (hence why I didn't just send it straight to you, Azz) and figured it might be worth posting to see if anybody actually cares :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Re: Alternate/Additional 'cookie limit' idea

Not worth of making, coding and all kind of side affects that cookies are causing. You can easily get around of cookielimit if you have even slight interest to that matter. If you dont, and dont bother to seek solutions or figure ways to keep cookies then you dont deserve to login more than 3 times a week.

I have done pretty much everything possible from 2 times format of HD to installing 3 different web browsers to my phone and I have not once been in situation where I couldnt have found a way to save my arse from being cookie locked. In case I would then I would have first gone to Azzer to ask for possibility to get more cokies and explained the situation, not get my ass cookie locked and then started to whine/make suggestions/ think how to make simple system more flawed and complicated.

Rogem002

Weeder

I think it would be a better idea if the system was different, when I log on on public computers i get the cookie thing. Then again, I know their is a way to inject bush and create the cookie before i login :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon

I'll reply to this and ask for some help in here...
I hate the cookie thing, I can no longer use firefox to play bush due to this stupid thing, I changed my settings awhile ago to delete cookies and everything everytime i close, then i got on bush the next day and got that message, so i changed everything back, I've gone through every setting and changed them to save cookies, to ask me before deleting to save this and that, and made sure that my cookies are getting saved yet for some reason still every time i log in, in firefox i get the cookie loss, so i've been forced to use different, worse browsers to play bush that don't have my tools, don't have my appearance settings, or many other things i <3 about FF