• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance Size

Emperor

Planter
this is quite a big debate that has been going on probz since bushtarion started, i have allways been against small alliances and having to be public

however, after playing a different game for a bit i noticed how much better it was having every alliance public, and having smaller alliances as you were more of a tight-knit group of friends... i had also forgotten how much i liked having naps and wings

so my suggestion is having smaller alliances, say 10 members, then having 1 nap alliance u can defend and it can defend u if neccessary.. and because of this alliances are more likely to have wings and things to help each other out...

this is just my opinion but it would be interesting to see wot u guys think about it :D

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Re: Alliance Size

If you would spend even hour on old forums running throught those old alliance size threads you would pretty much understand that both NAPs and smaller alliances would only increase cap between most active people and rest of this game.
As that big NO for you.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

if you want more defenders possible then argue for bigger alliances.

anaps suck.

Emperor

Planter

meh, fair enough.. worked well on this other game but i see ur point, probz wont work as well on this one... i do miss wings though

Garrett

Landscape Designer

well with having wings
a) who decides who takes top?
b) how is that exactly fair?
c) 40-60 people not attacking each other starving themselves and the rest of the game from any progress
d) possible anarchy as other wings decide that the original plan wasn't good.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

also thats been done on this game. im not sure which round. but i remember being caps of about 15. and what happened is one allaince called virus had like 3 wings and they were all stranded at the top with no more targets the round got stale and gash.

and so began the land farming rules.

im pretty sure we have tried every possible form of allaince grouping. at on stage werent they all public by default ...or am i not thinking straight from last night.

basically been there done that(still waiting for the t-shirt) and moved in a better direction.

as for being more tight nit. that depends entirely on the allaince. i remeber being in disease with gadfly. that was pretty tight nit group. i think its all who you play with. back then of course there were few allainces that tried to cover all time-zones. so most ppl were on at one time. so you got to know almost everyone in the allaince well.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

dont take offence bw im justsaying i believe that they have tried this b4. it didnt work. iirc. am i wrong in that respect or are the details of what happend as a result what cause you to get a little touchy? i wasn't in an allaince when it was happening so i cant be surewhat happened to any great extent. but i know smaller allainces with wings didnt seem to work...... or at the very least this has been done and changed and by the fact its been like this for so many rounds i assume this was a more popular way to deal with allainaces
than divide them up into smaller ones with wings

or was i wrong?

ViVi

Pruner

R9.

The day I suffered under the power of 200mil tractors.

Alas for ViVi.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

First of all on round 9 you could defend anyone you wanted. Alliance size reduction (20 -> 15) was inserted just before round started so plenty of alliances had more members from last round than they were able to take to one alliance. There were alliance size of 40 to public alliance (increased by 10) and as such there were group of dragons which had 3 wings and 40 in each(120 total).
What jammed game back then was not happening on that round alone but basicly every round ended after 2 weeks due no dev multiplier, scoring system etc. Also on that round Azzer kept goverment killing forces(CRA) which pretty effectively even zeroed members of largest alliance so untill last moments of round top alliance(s) were basicly forced to stay as close to people below them and in score to awoid being wiped by force that was not beatable.
Also mentioning here that on round before when such system was introduced it didnt count alliance to be leading if another alliance was close to it. On round 9 in middle of round Azzer manually changed code so that all wings which were made to avoid that system were counted as one.

You are one in that small alliances and wings doesnt work but your reasoning is false, as i said you clearly dont know to any extenct what happend on those rounds in game code and in alliance situation. If you would then your reasoning would be really different.
Above you can read of reasons to some extenct rest you can go around and ask if you would be interested. As i personally think your not i will not lengthen this post more. Ill just say there were reason for everything that happend back those days and reasons behind every action were good and justified from all sides. But that doesnt make reasons to talk alliance size to any direction on Bushtarion as it is nowdays.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

you make a fair point that when the allaince size changed the game was very different to how it is now. and it is interesting to me, and thanks for stopping b4 you dragged the the thread off topic.

in any case imo. I still think allainces how they are now, is fine. and its the friendly nature of an allaince. or social characters within it that make an allaince fun to be in, and creat that feeling of a "tight-knit group of friends". it may not be related directly to an allaince size.

though it would make it quicker to get to know every one.

also, once again imo, its the nature of the game. some people take the game alot more seriously than others. which may make it hard for the new comers to feel that warmth and friendliness.

i wouldnt apose any changes. just i believe they wont automatically make an alliance more tight-nit