Alliance size

Lupus

Head Gardener
Just find it a bit stupid how seeing as azzer dropped the limit on members alliances can have from 20 public to 15 and yet we still have less alliances than last round. I'm looking at this from a hypocritical perspective but i dont care i'm allowed to be, :p
as a few of u will know that i'm solo this round. However i do prefer alliance play and believe that it is much more fun, even if u do get bashed, waved and generally crippled every few days. Next round i'll be trying to play allied (say trying as i am quite special but not in a good way) and i hope more ppl will be doing the same. I would love to see 2 pages of alliances again. I hate to think that if 1 alliance disbands b4 the end of the round all 15 will portal in points for simply exsisting which is a sad state of affairs.

**This is not a suggestion just a gripe**

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Alliance size

Related to this i was talking to a DW member, and the description i received of their Activity, players etc leads me to believe that the majority of those allies this round are rotten too. :/

KittyKat

Digger

Activity is overrated =O Just have 3 people defend and like 15 recall =P Seriously guys i just want one massssssive BR before the end of the round =P

moorer

Pruner

In general, to do well at Bushtarion requires a reasonable level of activity and therein lies the problem in my opinion.

I have played allied and played solo and if your likely to be inactive then, in my opinion, solo is the way to go.

Alliance play can be fun if you can put the time in or are contactable by phone at short notice, you can't really play allied for 2/3 hours a day and expect to finish high in the rankings (unless of course your in a top rank alliance when you have the luxury of having 1/2 players online to call in help in the unlikely event the resistance strikes).

Mid-rank alliances are not as much fun to play in as they were a while back. They have become little more than farms for the higher ranked alliances who wait while the lower alliance builds up its land then strike and batter them back down again

There is a fine line between Bushtarion alliance play being fun to play and its becoming a chore to play. For me its looking more like a chore each round hence why solo is attractive - I can play when it suits me and logoff knowing I am not letting anyone but myself down if I am not online.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
Related to this i was talking to a DW member, and the description i received of their Activity, players etc leads me to believe that the majority of those allies this round are rotten too. :/

But of course, one must be really stupid to prefer alliance play over solo play nowadays. What do you expect the players to prefer when the game itself makes it easier for solos? I don't blame the players.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
Alcibiades said:

But of course, one must be really stupid to prefer alliance play over solo play nowadays. What do you expect the players to prefer when the game itself makes it easier for solos? I don't blame the players.

I blame some player attitudes but yeah, the game does make it harder to play as an allied player, or at least more of a 'chore' (good description by the way), whereas solo is just easier on the body, nevermind the solo game mechanics :(

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Alcibiades said:

Lies! We don't talk to the likes of you!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

KittyKat said:
Activity is overrated =O Just have 3 people defend and like 15 recall =P Seriously guys i just want one massssssive BR before the end of the round =P

yeah, activity isn't necessary at all :roll: ... neither is contactability lol....

Simply put lupus, allied play sucks. devastatingly hard work, necessary contactability and the body/soul destroying incoming that can't be conveniently stopped by AR so you can go to sleep. Incoming doesn't stop for allies, as successive 'resistances' proved.... why bother ruining my health and body for a game? Simple....

Augustus

Head Gardener

moorer said:
There is a fine line between Bushtarion alliance play being fun to play and its becoming a chore to play. For me its looking more like a chore each round hence why solo is attractive - I can play when it suits me and logoff knowing I am not letting anyone but myself down if I am not online.

Alcibiades said:
Simply put lupus, allied play sucks. devastatingly hard work, necessary contactability and the body/soul destroying incoming that can't be conveniently stopped by AR so you can go to sleep. Incoming doesn't stop for allies, as successive 'resistances' proved.... why bother ruining my health and body for a game? Simple....

Two comments I completely agree with. As much as I prefer the community/team aspect of being in an Alliance, the downsides of playing in an Alliance has pushed me towards solo. Like Lupus, I will have a stab at Alliance play next round.....but I fear it will be much of the same, except with even less Alliances :(

Garrett

Landscape Designer

No-Dachi made a very good point last night as we were discussing alliances...

the smaller an alliance, the even MORE active you have to be. you have very few defensive options other than waking/txt/alerting everyone on as much as possible

i think when he has time he's going to propose and i support at least 30 man alliances.

'playerbase is already small we won't have that many'

you are right, we're down to 14 we don't have that many, but being in a small alliance actually takes more from you and is a bigger commitment and less cover for 24/7 and solos can rip you apart.

bigger allies ftw.