All this age 2 shizzle

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Alright, it's time shoot a big ball of hate towards Azzer once again.

WTF man? Couldn't you choose worse time to start this test? World 1 has been won in a week, there is a HUGE PW coming with huge prize and now you also put a nice prize to what seems to be another public PW with some quite interesting settings?

Hell, you've been famous for your last second, badly considered/tested changes, but this has really gone too far I think. Couldn't you put a two weeks pause after the round has ended and start this world with old code then instead of now?

As someone asked in another thread, "Is anyone even bothered with playing W1 now?"

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
It would have maybe been better to wait a bit longer, nearer the end of the round maybe...as i suspect alot of people are now putting all their effort into the Age 2 round rather than trying to change the outcome of world 1.

Also with Bruces PW it could have kept things interesting if they'd been spaced out, making a semi-public PW available for a longer time.

However the Age 2 round is interesting and gives me something to do and think about (in terms of feedback) when there isnt much going on in world 1!!! (A victim of my own gripe...lol)

And the Age 2 round is a great idea, if nothing else it allows players who werent about back then to see the progression of the game...i think alot of good suggestions will come out of it or at least let players have a better understanding...

Tim

Harvester
I like the Age 2 thing. It has gotten me back to playing Bushtarion again - albeit until Age 2 is disabled once again.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
To be honest, W1 will remain my primary playing account without contest. Maybe it's due to not being 'nostalgic' about Age 2; but i play extra non world 1 accounts (PWs and the like) as a fun diversion.

However, i would think that this was a poor timed Age 2 'comeback.' At the very least i'd have waited til the 200 Man PW was finished.

It might be fine for the 'oldbies' who aren't playing elsewhere, but it's a bit much to manage 3 Worlds at once for the rest of us, especially those who aren't very gifted at the game to start with... *something* is going to give way, and in my case it won't be World 1

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bruce's 200 man PW is delayed, I already spoke to Bruce about it, we're not going to make them interfere, 3 worlds would be mental :p 2 world's be finesies - especially given age 2 logins don't affect age 5 logins so you can have them both open in seperate tabs on Firefox (with diff colour schemes each to make them stand out more) and easily play both at once, as many people are doing quite happily :p

Amanala

Harvester
It's a boring round (with only one competent alliance, if that). So I'm glad there is a distraction.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I agree with Foxx's comment about poor timing, and also feel the need to express my displeasure with all the nostalgic circle-jerking this has caused.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It's a boring round (with only one competent alliance, if that). So I'm glad there is a distraction.

only boring people have boring rounds tbh

so i could say that boring people give boring responses?

well you could certainly say that but i would be surprised at the grounds for such a statement.

I myself am capable of finding entertainment in just about every round unless i happen to be in the winning ally as i was last round with zero targets. Arguably, if you have more than 1-15 targets, you're capable of entertaining yourself, if you have less targets than that, those are the breaks for winning a round. Welcome to bushtarion.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
... unless i happen to be in the winning ally as i was last round ...

Did i miss something?
Or does that sentance need " ... the ally that won the early wars then some members decided it didn't like half the alliance so split off then lost to a resistance later on ... "

:|

On topic, i really don't see the problem with the timing.
If you do not want to play, do not play.
If you do, then play.

w1 takes 30 seconds per tick no matter when anyway not as if it's time consuming.

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer

Did i miss something?
Or does that sentance need " ... the ally that won the early wars then some members decided it didn't like half the alliance so split off then lost to a resistance later on ... "

This doesn't in any way disprove Alci's statement and is thus a completely pointless thing to say (not to mention it being off-topic)

With the Age 2 thing, I think it's a good idea and don't see much problem with the timing tbh. Admittedly I'm not playing myself, but that's because I barely have enough time for W1 atm, so it strikes me as a wasted effort. Were my own personal circumstances different then I'd be happy to use Age 2 as a distraction between ticks in W1.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester

lawl, bitter much?

Did i miss something?

If you do, then play.

w1 takes 30 seconds per tick no matter when anyway not as if it's time consuming.

Come now Twigs, give credit where its due, Alci was in a winning alliance. Everyone knows RaRR would have gone through to the end, resistance or not. ReRR did ruin those chances but that doesnt take away that RaRR would have won.

Anyway now to me, I really was looking forward to playing. But I just cant keep up with 2 worlds atm, I can hardly keep up with one and theres nothing to do but whore seeds. \0/

So I hope that it will stick around, I would like to get into it at some point.

xvi

Harvester

Did i miss something?

If you do, then play.

Says the guy who would throw is momma under the bus ftw. lmao

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Anyway now to me, I really was looking forward to playing. But I just cant keep up with 2 worlds atm, I can hardly keep up with one and theres nothing to do but whore seeds. \0/

So I hope that it will stick around, I would like to get into it at some point.

lol, you should try playing two worlds in decent allies while at the same time tyring to do a 2500 word essay on something you have no clue were to start
(ok, i bet your higher ranked than me, but still :p)

Did i miss something?

If you do, then play.

Says the guy who would throw is momma under the bus ftw. lmao

Come now. No need for such mean statements :(