A Tad Better Imo

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: A Tad Better Imo

You could suggest allies under 10 members to remain private then :)
And yeah at round start it would be easyer to attack but if you ain't chicken it's easy to retal too .. even top ally has problems with flak inc at start.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Mayb only the first week (or 2) the alliances can choose; public/private.. after a week of ticks. Make them all public. Most of the playerbase have a fwew techs by then, thus can properly defend itself.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

And harby i quite like your ideea.
Let's say you can't view incomings on alliance page, you can only see the defensive BR's that just took place and you can't spy either. Solo's will have no ar mod since ally members are pretty much on their own aswell when defending themselfs but they can use their offensive power for intimidation and more effective retals.

Or for alliance defence you could send some troops to defend another member but you'd get something like +5 mod and once your mob arrives there it remains there just like you'd send to ally HQ. Then it's up to alliance troops mangement .. they can stack defence in a few important members and let themself vulnerable on rest of the members, get moderate defence on more or just use all their troops for attacking.
Alliances would have as advantage ability to send bits of troops on weaker members to help them protect their acres however that means they are vulnerable to strong attacks on those members and they would slowly die.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Are you guys trying to get rid of the playerbase or increase it?!?! Not being able to see incoming? not being able to spy? Umm, i hate to be cliched, but that would make me quit in about 20 minutes or less. Sorry, in a long line of exceptionally poor ideas, that's probably the worst one i've ever ever seen. Can we get a dash of common sense and pinch of sanity please? Goddamn....

Harbinger

Pruner

BlackWolf said:
So I wouldnt be ready to knock everything down only cause DS &harby have gone nuts.

That's like Stalin calling a playground bully an evil despot :p

If only I could be as nuts as you BW - the world must be a psychadelic place through your eyes ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf said:
You dont like my ideas alci? :(
I also think Azzer has brought up some pretty interesting ideas.

No i like your ideas; i don't agree with them all but at least there aren't all completely downright insane. ;)

it was the talk of not being able to see incoming mobs, and not being able to spy that i thought was absurd. talk about losing new players when all their first attacks would just get raped and they couldn't even see how it got raped, or why, or from whom. Epic Idea Fail.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Well i'm inspiring from other games that have much more success than bush so i doubt they got there with what you say epic fail idea. I admit i didn't made the most complete suggestion to explain exactly at which case i was refering (with defence enabled or not for different ideas) but i'm just throwing basic ideas to see if Azz and other ppl catch to them.
They can't see why they died ? They can see their news. I throwed other ideas in with 100% injury, public alliances etc .. you can read them separate and make your own soup .. there's no need to point insignifiant aspects that can be fixed if indepth analasis are required.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

DarkSider said:
Well i'm inspiring from other games that have much more success than bush

Personally speaking, i've never encountered another game anywhere that is similar to bushtarion. The unique nature of the game is one of the biggest reasons why i continue to play. The whole format is so different from the standard boilerplate of every other online game out there that i'm loathe to change it. Yes it needs tweaking; no that is not the solution. As Azzer mentioned earlier when someone referenced TW (i think?); you can't just take what worked for one game, and apply it to a completely different game.

I still think a workable Sleepmode is still the best option; as the base is already there ingame and it needs input from players and some serious discussion to make work. No sense in going all out making a whole new system when we have one in place that can work with a little more effort.

/broken record...

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Improving sleepmode is a bad idea. I even suggested Azzer to nerf it so it's only a viable option for mini vacantions or long ones (over 3 days sleepmode).
As i explained a few posts above, games where defence is too strong are not funny. You want to improve sleepmode so players are hard to kill. Those that are active alot would be virtually impossible to kill with a great sleep mode protection. Preventing damage it's not fun. Players don't sign up to say wow you see this ? If i wasn't so good it could have gone bad. They want to say PWNED BIATCH !
I think there are far less ppl going to a box fight to see how well the 2 boxers keep their arms in place to avoid getting hit and majority want to see as many succesfull hits as possible. That's the fun part in games .. kicking ass not doing some prevention system.

"Yes it needs tweaking; no that is not the solution. "

Well thanks for your input. Everybody is entitled to an opinion :)