A lil Help

Lupus

Head Gardener
ok i have a ***** lappy, was meant for work and just work so is no where good enough to run decent games was just wondering if anyone new some good games that dont require a good set up thnx.

basic info on my lappy is as follows:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz
2.0 GB RAM
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset(which is *****)

dont think need much more info just suggest and i'll check with http://www.systemrequirementslab.com to see if it works or not.

TY

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: A lil Help

The problem is going to be
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset(which is *****)

I have a chipset even older than that (lol) and it's pretty much a devastatingly limiting factor on my gaming performance. hence buying a bigass tv and a 360 ;)

My game ability tops out pretty much two years ago unfortunately. Of course it does vary per game, and i've managed to brute force a few games through with a variety of stopgaps including Directx9.0c upgrades, as well as some tweaking of virtual memory. Anywho, i'm pretty much a computer n00b, but i suspect we're better off getting new computers instead of games atm ;)

At the moment, the list of games i'm playing/enjoying on PC are something like this:

Rome Total War/RTW: Barbarian Invasion
Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday (victoria/europa universalis 2)
the entire City building series: Rome/Greece/Egypt/China
Patrician 2
Europe 1400 the Guild/the Guild 2
Diablo 2
WoW
Command and Conquer the First Decade (all the games except for C&C3 and afterwards)
Ghost Recon
Civilization 3, 4/ Alpha Centauri
Age of Empires 3
Black and White 2
Godfather
Morrowind
Republic
Project Nomads
Nexus the Jupiter Incident
Sim City 4

Of course, that's a range of fairly old to halfway new games. i hope at least one or two tweak your attention...

Lupus

Head Gardener
Re: A lil Help

lol played a few of them D2 is great and always a fan of the Age of Empire style games, will investigate the rest.