Pruner

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Shitty pointless posts removed.

It's a boring round (with only one competent alliance, if that). So I'm glad there is a distraction.

It did bring this quote to my attention though, I am curious as to what basis we are borderline incompetant? If you have proof I am all ears, but you got stomped on and then you personally bailed on your alliance? (I think, could be incorrect though).

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
When **** hits the fan

When **** hits the fan

Thank you Azzer of once again ****ing up everything nice in this game.
For years people asked age 2 round, you told how its impossible, now you do it without any advice with ****ing 3 min ticks and ****ing it all up.

Thanks a lot. I actually got interested when I heard from 3rd party that such thing was coming... and only after sick many tries figured my password to post this for the fun of some people and to tell that your ****ing idiot noob
!!!

Really you want to save your business then FFS get some brains and FFS think for a minute what you do!! Stuff like thiss needs time for people to spread a word and for people to get ready for it. Then you ruin it up with 3min ticks. WTF!!!!!!! you born in a pit or what? Def all age 3 and you make it 3 min ticks... back then this game was about friends not about speed!!! Also did people get like 2-3 weeks notice? ohh no... "I am Azzer I do it now...." Yeah we all ohh so "like it"... rofl... and then someone wonders why the **** your game is dying, rofl... I dont.

Whats most funny of it all is how you ask people to comment game that is played on ****ed up rules... then you think that is valid for even viewing? rofl ohh thats so Azzer... FFS how much brains it requires to make proper round? cant be that much. Then how much brains it requires to really update graphical side... and not only think that all updates you have done to game would actually fool anyone to think how age XX is so much better than what actual game was... Dont wonder when you keep losing players with shitty game even with updated graphs... rofl... what are you really? IQ of 20?

Whatta heck is this your own crusade to show how your game now is superb to what it was? Who gives a crap... your community is not. Thats why I left. I wouldnt have logged back in but of curiosity... only to see it all ****ed up!! Thanks once again!!!
Thanks of nothing.... again!! I hope I forget my pass this time while I am "away".

Actually I am more pissed of certain player saying how I would be back in month-two rather than seeing one idiot ****ing it all up again.

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Well, tbh, I agree with BW's post no matter how sharp it is.

Now I feel bad for Azzer's hurt feelings, but oh well :D

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BW - go have a cup of tea, maybe a jog around the block, maybe a few deep breaths, some alcohol, some calm music, another jog around the block, a few weeks lying on a sofa, a few nights sleep, then come back.

I've seen some hilarious posts, but yours made me ROFL :p

The Age 2 thing is some fun on the side, like a PW. It's not a professional poker tournament. It's not something that everyone in the world has a right to see three weeks advanced notice on it's impending arrival with notifications sent in triplicate and signed by courier to ensure everybody knows about it. It's some fun. A laugh. 3 min ticks to get it going quickly and see that the old ticker still works (it needed some work, but now does), and now 5 min ticks.

Sounds like all you're really moaning about is you missed the start and had some weird intention to play profesionally and win, and so you're upset that you weren't given three weeks notice to plan and prepare.

Sign up, have some old-school fun, like many of the other oldies that managed to do so just fine without blowing the biggest fuse on this side of the internet, or don't. Whether you sign up and have some fun or blow a fuse is I guess up to you, but I'm not quite sure how much sympathy you get.

You're also saying all this like this is going to be the only Age 2 that ever re-runs. It'll run a little while, play, have fun (FUN being the capital word), come back and speak to some of the old players (there are lots of them) hanging about and popping up in IRC, and have a bit of a reunion. And there'll probably be another "round" of some duration of it in the very near future too, due to popular demand.

As for not offering Age 2 before - you'll find that people asked for Age 2 to be available as a PW. This was not possible, and it still isn't possible. It's on a seperate database, a seperate codeset, and a seperate account system. It also needed a fair bit of work to get it up and running, and it still needs a lot of things patching up and fixing really. It's not something I can automated, integrate with the main game, and add to the PW system. That was true "years ago", and it's still true today.

So I'll finish how I started - relax, dude. If you feel that emotional about it, it's probably best you missed the start anyway - you'd have only got pwned by me and my alliance and then had an even bigger rage on the forums about how the evil bad admin Azzer is playing and killed you so therefore that is proof he must be cheating, because you probably don't care about the reunion but just the playing seriously - why else would you care so much about missing the start ;)

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS :D

Edit: Just to add, this is an Age 2 admin style reply, to keep with the theme ;)

Last edited:

Microchip

Weeder
Thank you Azzer of once again ****ing up everything nice in this game.
For years people asked age 2 round, you told how its impossible, now you do it without any advice with ****ing 3 min ticks and ****ing it all up.

Thanks a lot. I actually got interested when I heard from 3rd party that such thing was coming... and only after sick many tries figured my password to post this for the fun of some people and to tell that your ****ing idiot noob
!!!

Really you want to save your business then FFS get some brains and FFS think for a minute what you do!! Stuff like thiss needs time for people to spread a word and for people to get ready for it. Then you ruin it up with 3min ticks. WTF!!!!!!! you born in a pit or what? Def all age 3 and you make it 3 min ticks... back then this game was about friends not about speed!!! Also did people get like 2-3 weeks notice? ohh no... "I am Azzer I do it now...." Yeah we all ohh so "like it"... rofl... and then someone wonders why the **** your game is dying, rofl... I dont.

Whats most funny of it all is how you ask people to comment game that is played on ****ed up rules... then you think that is valid for even viewing? rofl ohh thats so Azzer... FFS how much brains it requires to make proper round? cant be that much. Then how much brains it requires to really update graphical side... and not only think that all updates you have done to game would actually fool anyone to think how age XX is so much better than what actual game was... Dont wonder when you keep losing players with shitty game even with updated graphs... rofl... what are you really? IQ of 20?

Whatta heck is this your own crusade to show how your game now is superb to what it was? Who gives a crap... your community is not. Thats why I left. I wouldnt have logged back in but of curiosity... only to see it all ****ed up!! Thanks once again!!!
Thanks of nothing.... again!! I hope I forget my pass this time while I am "away".

Actually I am more pissed of certain player saying how I would be back in month-two rather than seeing one idiot ****ing it all up again.

Wow. I've missed your rants <3

For the record, I'm loving the old-school round. Other people won't. But hey, who actually cares? It's fun for those playing. It's not like some huge political statement. Come slag off GITK like you used to. There's loads of us who have returned for fun and games, and got totally re-hooked. You should do the same.

Oh, and for the record? I got a message on MSN about it, and managed to reassemble half of the old GITK core players within 24 hours, started late, and we're now doing quite reasonably, and having a whole lot of fun.

Hey, there's even a spot here for you if you want it. ;)

Tim

Harvester
BlackWolf - come & play and have a bit of fun. It doesn't need to be all serious.

Pop into IRC too as there are loads of old faces there. We miss you.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
heh. I didn't read all of BW's post and all the rest of the thread really, so ignore at will...

but I did want to go back and link all the times (minus old forums) azzer had said 'no, code not compatible with current ticker'

'not going to happen'

'can't do it'

'only moving forward'

and now that everyone turned out the lights for a month...

'oh hey guys, here's age 2. been in mah back pocket all the time! sorry... let me know how it goes. sorry world 1, sorry 200 man pw. i don't think i have anyone left to buy mass BC.'

but perused this thread instead and realized that the links would just be for amusement sake.

this was just a summation of the 'perception' of how it all falls together.

if perception = reality, 'i didn't want to update age 2 code because I cba. *****, I have 15 users left buying BC's religiously. ok age 2 updated... anyone want to play?'

I think that's where a couple of these complaints are coming from. Not going to put words into peoples mouths, but that's what I boil down to from what i've skimmed.

It's like age2 took the place of last minute 'updates'. So if no one is playing w1, how's those 'exciting' unit changes going?

observation over and gripe starts:

All this rah rah to move back the PW and releasing age 2 during the late summer month round when interest is lowest as people are gearing up for the move back to 'uni', finishing holidays, etc etc during the historically slow season seems poorly timed and executed. :/

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Garrett: not sure what you are on about: The age2 code runs on a different server, separate from "bushtarion" as such, and it is broken, weird and clunky... so most of you rant is not applicable?

Age 2 is not updated, not working with the current ticker and all who play have to make a new account in a different system.

(As for W1 it seems more exciting than last round tbh. Nanobots are beast, can't wait til my puppets grab a few mill of those puppies!)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Garrett - the age 2 code has run in the past, roughly 2 years ago, for a week or two. Again, it was entirely different codeset, database, and web address used, and the accounts had to be created fresh (no link to the age 4 accounts at the time).

There is still no integration between age 2, and age 5, nor is such an integration possible (without perhaps some multiple months work in simply re-coding age 2 from the ground up and building it in to age 5). Your age 5 accounts, your age 5 purchases, age 5 private worlds, everything about age 5 is entirely independant of age 2. There is no way to make the payment system in age 5 have an option, when you purchase a PW, to pick "age 2". The age 2 code is independant, and is old, slow, and prone to bugs. I did a few "hack jobs" to get it to the stage it's working at now. Hell Age 2 didn't even have it's own PW's available to buy - age 3 introduced the PW sysem (and even that doesn't make it any easier for me to offer the ability to buy age 3 PW's).

I have never said Age 2 code does not exist. I have never said I do not possess age 2 code. Age 2 code is currently running in the same way it is currently running before. Nothing I have ever said about Age 2 being incompatible with Age 5, and not being able to offer an option to players to purchase a PW "as age 2", is wrong - it all remains true to this day. If it were that easy, I'd plug it in to the purchase system right now because I know it'd be a popular option with old players and could be another money income from people wanting to buy age 2 PW's.

I possess the final Age 2 code. The final Age 3 code. The final Age 4 code. The final Age 4.5 code. The current Age 5 code. The only codesets I do not have are Age 1, and any "intermediary" sets of code (eg Age 2 when alliances were unlimited and before robos were introduced, etc.).

You know what they say about "assuming"... :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Garrett: not sure what you are on about: The age2 code runs on a different server

was quoting the past sir. it's a reason it can't be ordered on pworlds.

the details of that post weren't for consumption. was replying with a general overall feel (which is different from my usual detail-laden posts). but both subsequent replies seem to have glossed over the point and concerned itself with an ultimately meaningless detail.

throwing out age 2 no matter where it's housed... just the latest in an quickly exhausting bag of tricks to keep interest here.

what would keep real interest... REAL, THOUGHT OUT UPDATES!

everything is so up in the air. even supporters of the direction this game is going admit they have no clue when things are going to be done (if tackled at all).

there is just going to come a time in which, sporadic attention and updates are going to finally fall too short. 'damn, active id's are down along with BC purchases... better throw out a bone'. perhaps if there was some sort of loose development timeline or to do list... people could see what issues are on the radar... track development... perhaps cut down (not cut out, not sure 50% of posters can actually read...) on the number of repeat / similarly themed threads.

might give a hint of real direction with this game. people might be able to care more about it's future if they saw that it had one...

until then, I shall entertain myself with arguing about 'age 2 code' since that's what everyone responded to... lol.

Azzer:I possess the code
azzer: your code! congratz. i'm happy you own your own code. wasn't the point. don't care. if you didn't own your own code, i'd call you 100% daft and see if I could find you any legal help to your stuff.