Weird Bounty ?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I colected a bounty 2 days ago, the guy is on top of the list with 0% bounty and just 14 others have bounty. I thought once you claim bounty from one of your enemyes, the bounty goes to 0% and with a random delay the guy will free his slot. Just doesn't feel right to have slots busy with enemyes at 0 bounty.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Re: Weird Bounty ?

the way the bounty is currently working atleast under my impression... is that the top guy on this list is the guy that has done the most damage to you is at the top... thus even if you claim the bounty on him, and yet he has still done the most dammage to you compaird to the other people on your list. IMO its not the best idea becuase then you have a few unused slots since someone who you have claimed your bounty on still has done most dammage so you cant claim the bounty again but the way the game sees it hes still done enough dammage to you to be the top of your bounty list.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

DarkSider said:
I colected a bounty 2 days ago, the guy is on top of the list with 0% bounty and just 14 others have bounty. I thought once you claim bounty from one of your enemyes, the bounty goes to 0% and with a random delay the guy will free his slot. Just doesn't feel right to have slots busy with enemyes at 0 bounty.

The frequency of attacks is going to play a part as well as damage. if you are owning guys on defense then they aren't outdamaging your other enemies.

while i agree that my top 15 enemies shouldn't have 6 or 7 0% slots (hehehe, I always pay back) - I don't think that sliding one of my enemies that I gained from day 1 that stole all of 86 acres and did no damage otherwise should all of a sudden have a 75% bounty by automatically moving to the top... which i believe would happen if you rotated...

he'd have to code a cap and then some logic around the cap to determine a really small offender who doesn't deserve 75% because he did small damage to you when you had no lets home, and who should get the full mark on their head...

it's not a perfect system yet, but i also have watched you as a solo DS for a few rounds, even if you get attacked often you are calliing pnaps getting defense, last ticking, you get tons of recalls and sometimes no attacks at all because you out stubborn quite a few folks. so you aren't replacing enemies as fast as say someone from discworld.

I would like to see a little better governance around bounty placements, but as I said earlier, I don't think the last guy on my list should get 75% cuz he's just the last one hunted down, makes it quite an abusable system that way. Start managing what score your enemies are, knocking some down the list to get tastier and easier revenge targets higher up on bounty.

Souls

Official Helper

Garrett said:
DarkSider said:

The frequency of attacks is going to play a part as well as damage. if you are owning guys on defense then they aren't outdamaging your other enemies.

while i agree that my top 15 enemies shouldn't have 6 or 7 0% slots (hehehe, I always pay back) - I don't think that sliding one of my enemies that I gained from day 1 that stole all of 86 acres and did no damage otherwise should all of a sudden have a 75% bounty by automatically moving to the top... which i believe would happen if you rotated...

he'd have to code a cap and then some logic around the cap to determine a really small offender who doesn't deserve 75% because he did small damage to you when you had no lets home, and who should get the full mark on their head...

it's not a perfect system yet, but i also have watched you as a solo DS for a few rounds, even if you get attacked often you are calliing pnaps getting defense, last ticking, you get tons of recalls and sometimes no attacks at all because you out stubborn quite a few folks. so you aren't replacing enemies as fast as say someone from discworld.

I would like to see a little better governance around bounty placements, but as I said earlier, I don't think the last guy on my list should get 75% cuz he's just the last one hunted down, makes it quite an abusable system that way. Start managing what score your enemies are, knocking some down the list to get tastier and easier revenge targets higher up on bounty.

My list is now 67 people long, and only four have bounties. :( I demand a way to hide the 0%s, so I don't have to look at such ugly numbers! :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Garrett said:
knocking some down the list to get tastier and easier revenge targets higher up on bounty.

That's exactly what i meant ?!
I didn't said to put first off the list in the slot of the guy i just bh-ed, but to free the slot and move up those who were under him on the list.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

but dark side if you only have 1 enemy at the start and he takes 12 acres off you.and has like 12%bounty
by rotating once you have taken your revenge on everyone
he will have jumped to the top of the list....is that fair to make him have 76% bounty or whatever the top of the list has,

as compared to the others hes done very little damage to you. it would beunfair just because you have killed every one else, to put this person to the top. this is why it cant be changed without a lot of hassle.

also i believe azzer made the point that the ones you kill could easily put you on top of thiere bounty list. you kill all 15 people and are on top of 15 peoples lists. sooner or later they are going to hit back and the damage before combined with the damage they hope to inflict could easily put them back on your list.

also theres still more people out thier that will attack you any way.

and the list is an enemies list. just because you hurt the guy doesnt mean he's less of an enemy. as your greatest enemy is the one that has damaged you most.

i doubt there will be any chnage made to the system. be patient yourll get more enemies. its unlikely no ones going to attack you for the rest of the round :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Willy, in case you didn't notice when the list starts to get populated at the beggining they grow from the smallest bounty up (10%). So i think in your scenario once all others are bh-ed the guy that took 12 acres and is the one that did most damage without colecting the bounty should be on top of the bounty list - most likely the only enemy with a bounty and as such only 10% bounty and not 75%.

I don't play for valuation either effectiveness so i'd like a few nice BH runs, but in the current system seems if you get your revenge on 15 players you need to get destroyed by a player later in round when techs are completed and he has route and size advantage so it's unlikely to get much of a revenge.

CLem

Head Gardener

DarkSider said:
I don't play for valuation either effectiveness so i'd like a few nice BH runs, but in the current system seems if you get your revenge on 15 players you need to get destroyed by a player later in round when techs are completed and he has route and size advantage so it's unlikely to get much of a revenge.

I totally agree with you here, once techs are done and it comes to the point where everyone that will attack you rationally and completely destroy you are the ones with routes that are good against you, and as they WILL do more damage than the others, their accumulated damage will build up more and more and the top bounty slots will be taken by enermies that are e.g SA if you are thug, RPG and strikers if you are robo, etc. And to think bountying off them with 75% will yield you a "fair" return is stupid, you will most likely lose and during the process put yourself back on their bounty list.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

DarkSider said:
Garrett said:
knocking some down the list to get tastier and easier revenge targets higher up on bounty.

That's exactly what i meant ?!
I didn't said to put first off the list in the slot of the guy i just bh-ed, but to free the slot and move up those who were under him on the list.

sorry half read it that way and half was talking out some possibilities, cuz i want a better answer like yourself.

<3