Ultimate starting strategy...

Augustus

Head Gardener
Ok so start of round is approaching! Who thinks they have the best starting strategy? Lets hear the logic behind your strategy and maybe after round start we can have posts every 2 hours from people on their progress (such as land, harvs/gards and rough value) to prove who's strategy is the best!

P.S. if you think this thread sucks Donkey penis keep it to yourself, its just a bit of fun and could be helpful to beginners....and me :lol:

Gooner-fan-deano

Harvester
Re: Ultimate starting strategy...

5 land grass 2 land flower
buying the extra 2 land always helpul right at the start

sell all seeds and focus on filling grass land in...then you can't go wrong...sorted
Hope this helps you beginners :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Gooner-fan-deano said:
5 land grass 2 land flower
buying the extra 2 land always helpul right at the start

sell all seeds and focus on filling grass land in...then you can't go wrong...sorted
Hope this helps you beginners :)

No.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Melnibone

Head Gardener

split your land 2/3 tree/bush

vote everyday and sell all seeds before first tick, with the funds buy plants and plant them straight away

(the ticker plants plants before harvesting seeds therefore any plants you plant that tick will generate seeds for the noon tick)

at noon you should plant all seeds and afternoon tick you will have enough plants to fill your acres and enough leftover to sell to max out your harvesters if not sell the seeds youve generated afternoon tick to guarantee max income through the night time ticks

The previous suggestion of planting at night can work as you will only lose an additional 10% so if its clear skies you will only lose 20% (normally 10%) this can be a good boost and may push you up a few ranks if you care about that at all personally i wait till the morning as after maxing harvesters i usually buy enough gardeners to plant my seeds early hours

This is not a guaranteed start but i use it every round and im ALWAYS top 10-30 first night

hope it helps someone

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Wooo the ultimate starting strategy... all eyes on this thread! :p

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

its also adviseable to clear your agenda on friday and saturday, so you dont have to work when round starts :cry:

Illumination

Head Gardener

atsanjose said:
its also adviseable to clear your agenda on friday and saturday, so you dont have to work when round starts :cry:

Of course he does.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Thanks Melni. Heard that strat before, but without the logic behind it.

Gooner sounds like he's trying to lead people up the garden path! Flower and Grass might provide better yields in spring/summer but the amount of harvs you need surely negates any advantage. Especially if you use your starting funds to buy land?!

Bobbin

Head Gardener

5 tree land
sell all plants except the tree ones
buy as many tree plants as poss
fill tree land as much as you can.
rinse repeat etc.

NEVER buy land or staff.
no point in having land you can't fill.

Augustus

Head Gardener

To me Bobbins strategy makes more sense. Tree requires less Harvs to gain the full amount of seeds and therefore less gards to plant the seeds. So why do a lot of people swear by the 2 tree, 3 bush strategy?

CFalcon

Official Helper

Augustus said:
To me Bobbins strategy makes more sense. Tree requires less Harvs to gain the full amount of seeds and therefore less gards to plant the seeds. So why do a lot of people swear by the 2 tree, 3 bush strategy?

Bush has a higher yield than Tree in the spring (ie when the round starts). So by mixing tree and bush you're trying to get the maximum profit from your acres while still being able to buy enough harvesters.

Cal

Weeder

The second we get a reply from DarkSider, we're going to have a real answer!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Melnibone - do you still have that newbie guide that i wrote for some people?

Got most beginers into top 50 at start a few rounds ago.

I will keep mine a secret <3