• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Sleep - timeperiods

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
I always found it a bit strange that the timeslots for sleepmode was 8h and then 24h.
I would suggest 6h, 12h and 24h, then 2days, 3days etc up to 7 days.
basically, because 8h is a bit short for a proper night sleep, or evening out. 12h would be more fitting, while 6h might be enough for the "get out of a mass-wave" situation, or the all important meeting you must attend even in a middle of a massive war...

Charlie_B

Harvester
Re: Sleep - timeperiods

8 hours is above the average amount of sleep a person gets per night. It's roughly the recommended amount, and is exactly the right length of time for bush imo.
It is a bit short if you want protection for a night out, but sleep mode has never been intended to be a catch-all defence and its inflexibility is part of the balance of the game. If it was supposed to be completely flexible, then people would be able to just type in how ever many hours they wish to sleep for.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Re: Sleep - timeperiods

i wouldnt mind being able to pick a specific length of time from 8hrs +

or just having 12 hrs would be useful for me. but that would make it to easy. i think its more fun how it is