Round 83 Awards

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It's that time again, let's see your choices!

Alliance of the Round
Best Offensive Alliance
Best Defensive Alliance
Honourable Mention Alliance
Worst Alliance
Best Leader
Worst Leader
Player of the Round - Allied
Player of the Round - Solo
Best Offensive Player
Best Defensive Player
Honourable Mention Player
Worst Player
Best Moment of Round
Worst Moment of Round

Charlie_B

Harvester
Hurray!

The problem with going first and doing this off the cuff is that I've probably forgotten loads of things, but here goes:

Alliance of the Round - Leftovers clearly the coolest alliance of the round

Best Offensive Alliance / Best Defensive Alliance - Congrats to FTW for winning the round I guess. They got the better of us early on after a good fight.

Honourable Mention Alliance - Respect to both Basement Dwellers and Discworld for slogging it out all round against the odds.

Worst Alliance - All of those 'free land' alliances that were too small for me. :(

Best Leader - As is traditional Rob was by far the best and worst alliance leader this round.

Worst Leader - As is traditional Rob was by far the best and worst alliance leader this round.

Player of the Round - Allied - Even though I haven't paid much attention to DW I'm going to give this to Seb because he's been absolutely smashing the h/f rankings for the whole round.

Player of the Round - Solo - Again I've not closely followed all the solos, and there seem to be a number of good options, but Twigje has managed to be up and about the top rankings ever since the first hour of the round so he's my pick.

Best Offensive Player - I'm going to give this to Sean because the fact we let him into the alliance despite a mistake in his name is the most offensive thing that happened this round. Apologies to toby who was refused entry for the same reason. Astan in second place for constantly goading me with mob sizes. Third place to MrBlonde for his insane feats of land stealing in the first few weeks.

Best Defensive Player - Korpi is something of an unsung hero but he's been very active, good humoured and always happy to risk his troops to save an ally.

Honourable Mention Player - Early round it has to be Fran for Making Hippy Vans Great Again. After that Steve for being far too busy and important to really play bush but still showing up whenever it was crucial to fling half a billion Apaches into the fray.

Worst Player - Every idiot who forgot to recall an attack/defence, especially those who were online and talking about doing so the tick before. Ahem.

Best Moment of Round - The first couple of weeks when we were way more competitive than anyone had expected. Shout outs to Blondie, Alci, Souls and the rest who were really effective in stealing back our land overnight and Chris for being the hypeman keeping people motivated. Also horse snooker. Also Coruba's obsession with grass.

Worst Moment of Round - probably Coruba's when he realised he had to find some way to grow over 150b grass seeds.

Cryo

Beginner
Alliance of the Round - I'd probably have to go with Leftovers, I always love seeing a nonchalant attitude of "*****es we can do this easy if we could be arsed", they definitely gave the FTW team a massive headache imo at the start of the round

Best Offensive Alliance - There was only one offensive alliance but their collective attacks were pretty ****, this only goes to FTW cuz of their persistence.

Best Defensive Alliance - Can't comment on LO's defence as I don't think I sent once on them <3, but WTF had some committed guys to defending who were pretty consistent.

Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld for enduring the expected abuse.

Worst Alliance - That guy pretending to be an alliance, but who everyone knows is a shady mofo, don't worry TTT, wont mention names, so your identity as TTT is safe.

Best Leader - No comment.

Worst Leader - Whoever endorsed massing 10+ players on a tick on a +2 eta target in LO, scummy gameplay, especially with current playerbase, shame on you, dirty infidel.

Player of the Round - Allied - Probably have to say Quitus here, the guy was just on point as WTF's nightcover and definitely made a huge difference, if it wasn't for him our solo group's nightcover would've had a field day just pounding everything that was not on, the solo's would proooobably have been able to take the round if more got through during EU nights.

Player of the Round - Solo - This goes to two guys imo, both in our solo group, boogie, he got through a few times on WTF and munched his targets and ofc kept Quitus refreshing like a madman, twigley being the second, got some fun plays in with stealth bamboozles

Best Offensive Player - Boogie.

Best Defensive Player - Can't award this to our solo group again, otherwise people will say i'm just bias, so will throw this to WTF's nightcover

Honourable Mention Player - Younge, all round fun team player and also had some fun offense this round

Worst Player - I love the guy, and he knows it, but I, for this round, would throw it at Dachi for sure, caught in sleepmode with 57m rpg's at the start of resistance shenanigans (13m more rpg's than R1's rpg), definitely a huge blow to morale I'd say, who goes into sleepmode without sending out and not telling your alliance, urg :x

Best Moment of Round - Killing QS twice, once on defence, and once on offense.

Worst Moment of Round - Seeing a "sorry" pop up on my WA, and then seeing I died cuz our one nightcover decided to be otherwise preoccupied - he knows what he was doing :roll:

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Alliance of the Round : ?
Best Offensive Alliance : None. Fairly poor attacks in both real alliances.
Best Defensive Alliance : WTF IS FTW.
Honourable Mention Alliance : Leftovers. Putting up with those 5–10 over a tick or two is difficult.
Worst Alliance : TTT. Seems fairly obvious theres some mass cheating going on there.
Best Leader : ?
Worst Leader : Whoever leads TTT.
Player of the Round - Allied : Jesse.
Player of the Round - Solo : Boogie or Cyro.
Best Offensive Player : Boogie or Leeroy.
Best Defensive Players : Jesse, Cyro and Boogie.
Honourable Mention Player : edd had a good round and he’d probably have been ever better in our solo group!
Worst Player : Anyone involved in mutual land farming.
Best Moment of Round : Few good BRs this round were probably the best moments.
Worst Moment of Round : Mr_Blonde being able to figure out I was solo rank 1 and steal from me after 6 or so hours. 1 of 2 land losses all round!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Best alliance: TTT for sure. Congratulations on cheating your way to third place out of three alliances. A monumental achievement.

Leeroy

Head Gardener
Alliance of the Round - whatever alliance I was in

Best Offensive Alliance - at round start us. Obv went to standard +2 with 3/4 On a tick / standard

Best Defensive Alliance - Meh, I can;t comment. I was high ETA so I didntt defend much this round

Honourable Mention Alliance - rank 2 being rank 2

Worst Alliance - TTT. I think everyone knows who is
Who

Best Leader -
Worst Leader
Player of the Round - Dean - anyone in our alliance knows
Player of the Round - Solo - boogie/Twig - I take back what I said last round about. Twig being rush route was a pain in the arse - that was hard for me to write as much as I am sure it was for you
Best Offensive Player - warrior
Best Defensive Player - quitus/Jessie/QS/reaper - nightcover for multi
Rushes
Honourable Mention Player - monk/Matt- love these 2. Though I think they hated me a few round back
Sure they hated me a few round ago
Worst Player - Maick - only reason. Complained about troops trading and cheats and mutual attacking... YET he got 3 players to send when he hit sleep so we couldnt kill him...
Best Moment of Round - knowing there is 3 days left
Worst Moment of Round - finding out IOF leaked IDs at round start - he had reasons. Im over it now. Ill unblock you soon

Jeese

Digger
Alliance of the Round-WTF is FTW
Best Offensive Alliance- WTF is FTW
Best Defensive Alliance- Leftovers
Honourable Mention Alliance-leftovers
Worst Alliance-TTT
Player of the Round - Allied- Quitus
Player of the Round - Solo- Really all the solos played great but Edd,maick,twig,and boogie
Best Offensive Player- Maick for all those nanos and cryo for killing QS
Best Defensive Player- Dean, Quitus, and Reaper
Honourable Mention Player- Deli great night cover for the solos always on
Best Moment of Round- finally landing on twig and Edd

switchin

Digger
Alliance of the Round - FTW
Best Offensive Alliance - FTW
Best Defensive Alliance - LO
Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld
Worst Alliance - n/a
Player of the Round - Allied - Dean, Quitus, Everyone in FTW in their own way when needed.
Player of the Round - Solo - too many to choose from to only select one would be a crime - ED, Maick,Boogie, FFX, Lanky,Twig,Cryo
Best Offensive Player - Maick, Twig, in house would say Loz no matter how many times you lose you get back up again and go again.
Best Defensive Player - Quitus, Jesse, Dean, Reaper,Monk,QS
Honourable Mention Player - Boogie always online though he would never sleep.
Worst Player - n/a didnt encounter any really this round
Best Moment of Round - knowing this rd nearly over
Worst Moment of Round - looking back a few weeks ago looking at how long is left of round as hardly any action the past few weeks in comparison to the previous round.
Also those stupid scans by cryo over and over were annoying

Younge

Planter
Quiet round for me, please take it with a pinch of salt and a slap in the face.

Alliance of the Round
TTT - You stole 19,000k land from R1, well played.

Best Offensive Alliance
TTT - See above.

Best Defensive Alliance
WTF - I need to give credit where it is due. Well done for handling the rush... of 27 harriers.

Honourable Mention Alliance
Discworld - Watching you organise defence and working together was top class, Great group of people.

Worst Alliance
N/A

Best Leader
N/A

Worst Leader
N/A

Player of the Round - Allied
Quitus - Thank you for being on when I wanted to kill your friends.

Player of the Round - Solo
Twigley, Cyro, Boogie. Outstanding performance. Amazing what a group of solos can accomplish.

Best Offensive Player
FFX - You have killed a lot this round.

Best Defensive Player
Lanky - Saved my arse over and over again.

Honourable Mention Player
iiiiiii - 9751 - Whoever this person is. Absolutely loved the amount of attention you gave me after I stole you land. I hope we cross paths again because you are somebody to watch out for.

Worst Player
Younge - n00b sucks.

Best Moment of Round
Warrior killing all of my harriers with his CW. I didn't expect that, well played.

Worst Moment of Round
Signing up. What a boring round

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Alliance of the Round

Best Offensive Alliance
TTT - See above.

I feel like the entire alliance being controlled by one person should probably disqualify them from being crowned "best alliance" but hey they're your awards pal :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

Alliance of the Round

Best Offensive Alliance
TTT - See above.

I feel like the entire alliance being controlled by one person should probably disqualify them from being crowned "best alliance" but hey they're your awards pal :p

Best solo: TTT

Younge

Planter

Alliance of the Round

Best Offensive Alliance
TTT - See above.

Best solo: TTT

Sore losers everywhere! Not everyone needs to cheat to be good at this game.

Until we have proof my opinion stands.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

But you notice nobody is accusing any of FTW of cheating or Discworld or Leftovers or any of the solo group or anybody except for TTT, who everyone recognises are cheating. Most of us have been playing long enough to be able to tell the difference between "good at the game" and "blatant rampant cheating".

Also I've been a relatively inactive solo all round so hardly a "sore loser".

Younge

Planter

But you notice nobody is accusing any of FTW of cheating or Discworld or Leftovers or any of the solo group or anybody except for TTT, who everyone recognises are cheating. Most of us have been playing long enough to be able to tell the difference between "good at the game" and "blatant rampant cheating".

Come join Discord and you will see Monk accusing others of cheating.
Only because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

"Most of us have been playing long enough to be able to tell the difference between "good at the game" and "blatant rampant cheating". - Until you have proof, this means nothing.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

"Most of us have been playing long enough to be able to tell the difference between "good at the game" and "blatant rampant cheating". - Until you have proof, this means nothing.

Considering none of us have access to their IPs, communications or exact log-in times, what would you consider sufficient proof?

If it turns out CK controls any of the ids, that would do it for me personally.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

"Only because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen." Right back at ya pal. If you can spy any of TTT and tell me you see no evidence of suspicious behaviour then I think that says more about your cognitive skills than anything.

As Dimitar said, there's a limit to how much "proof" we can get as players with no admin privileges, but in some cases you don't need that kind of proof. If it looks like an elephant, smells like an elephant, sounds like an elephant, and has 15 people all online at the exact same time to hit sleep mode like an elephant then it's probably a ****ing elephant.

Treedude

Harvester
Alliance of the Round - Well played by FTW, you had the activity and organisation and won that thing so congrats

As ever LO did not set out to play for the win, but with only 2 alliances in those early stages it was inevitable we'd get sucked in a little bit and we did far better than I think anyone expected. Held our own in the flak wars and then held on for a decent amount of time before things unravelled a bit (in classic LO style). Still we had fun for the most part and managed to stick together the whole round more or less.

Worst Alliance - TTT of course with the blatant cheating. You did very well with the cheating I must admit, a horrible last week for us, but still cheating so you suck.

Player of the Round - Allied - Looking at effort over the whole round I'd have to say it's between Souls and korpi. Our most active players and always around to help. korpi maybe edges it for indulging my doomed attempts on TTT these last few days with his TL.

Player of the Round - Solo - I guess Twig for being the highest ranked, also for the cool name bro. Shout out to FFX as well for many kills/bounty.

Best Offensive Player - Hella kills for Leeroy so shout out to you, loved the nano armies of maick and Loz also. Oh and Dimi for organising one of our few successful attacking victories.

Best Defensive Player - Few people to mention here. The night crew in general, I know they had some rough ones but especially Souls who kept it up solo for a long time. korpi always reliable for defending. Charlie for his flak wars organising and tips. Our many PoMs (particularly the one sending defence from a 44 tonne truck). HIPPY VAN FRAN. Mad Apache lad Steve_God. T-Rex SMASH.

Honourable Mention Player - Ludacris, what a hype man this guy is. That first week he was absolutely on it getting everyone fired up. Also for the continued great work with the podcast, hopefully I'll be able to join you on it one of these days!

Also a shout out to Dachi, once again his flyover intel was absolutely insane, a thing of beauty. Even the solo circle barely phased him. 10/10 would recommend.

Worst Player - CK1-18

Best Moment of Round - Prob realising after a week that MrBlonde had most land in the game, having restarted after 5 days, and then proceeded to still be second to get CW. Madness. I mean he did then delete again a week later but that's not the point. Also horse snooker.

Worst Moment of Round - Not gonna lie it was probably after that couple weeks when the round was lost. As I said we didn't set out to win, but we were much closer than expected and a lot of the guys put in a massive effort over those weeks so it was frustrating and disheartening. We stuck it out though and still had a laugh along the way so overall I'm proud of our performance.

Jerrysminion

Harvester
teehee, as I would love nothing more to join in on the friendly banter on the Discord channel; however, I seem to be one of the only people banned on there :p Someone has an old salty sack of nuttz.