• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Reducing activity version 2 :D

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Well i like the more general aproach to change the game instead smaller bits like sleep mode to help with this problem or a 1 time resistance system or any other system vs rank 1 ally alone so i suggest a very radical change:

Make default injuries for all attacks and defences:
90% for all LET
75% on all NLT/NLD
40% on INN
No injury for bribed troops. No injury for loosing units to bribers, converting units give full injury tho.

When an id looses land depending on the % lost he will get extra points in "damage counter". The higher the damage counter (DC) goes the less land an id looses in future attacks. DC goes up pretty fast say in a 3 tick wave it hits max and it drops resonably fast aswell maybe in 36h without loosing any acres is down to 0.
DC is visible in hacks.
Maybe in war the DC is still visible but it won't affect the allies involved ?

I won't think of all the smaller bits just i put the main idea up to see if it gets any support :p

The idea of the suggestion:
You won't have to deal with stupid long waves if you are under attack by much powerful alliances, they get 1-2 grabs here and there and move on. (The part from psolo's many so appreciated :p )
The weaker alliances aren't perfect targets 24/7, the big allies having low DC are very appealing targets for allies of same strength and it would be hard to resist.
It's not catastrophic to be attacked and be caught offline, sure you and your alliance can loose land which will be very valuable but you have the troops to get the land back from others or get revenge on attackers right away.
It requires action to earn a high score ranking, acres will be very valuable, hard to get and probably hard to keep aswell.
Maybe also remove score from portal rankings and leave acres alone ?

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Interesting idea. I'd like to try this in an open-to-all private world to see how well it worked.

I also think land score (exponential anyway) would need to be removed for this to work.

Tombi

Harvester
all seems a bit too complicated, but the damage counter is a good idea though, could be really useful for stopping waves

Souls

Official Helper
Inns should have like 10%injuries is just lame how easy it is to get land with inns

I agree. I propose an amendment to the EULA stating that it is illegal to send any attack where the amount of gardeners, harvesters, and all other [INN] classed units exceeds the amount of Geo-Phys Thieves.

Podunk

Head Gardener
No to the injury portion, in r25 we had around the same % of injury.
You couldn't kill anyone and for competitive alliances it came to a stalemate most of the time, which resulted in nonstop combat where the only way to win is to be insanely active and have bushtarion as your one and only life.

I was up for around 3-4 days straight that round, I felt like dying :p, rather not have anyone have that same feeling associated with the game.

You shouldn't get 90% of your worthwhile troops back for getting completely killed off. Players would miss the rebuilding stage of the game that in my opinion is quite fun!

However, the damage counter idea is supreme! Its a plausible solution to help with mass bash/wave tactics.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
maybe only add those ratios for people in sleep mode. but to base injury? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO .

Rounds with injuries were some of the most painful excrutiatingly long, i've been awake for frakking days please god make it end rounds I've ever played. Even with the nooblock this round at least after a few waves everyone is out of troops and money and generally will rest .

I agree that more use should be made from sleep mode, perhaps during sleep mode troops get a defensive bonus, and injuries to be increased. Also production and whatnot turned back on but at a reduced rate. Maybe a slightly ( very small ) increase in AR for solo players in sleep. but please don't ever ever bring back base injury.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I think that round was a bit different, the insurance was dynamic and bugged, it gave 80% when it shouldn't have and less when you got bashed sometimes.
So players didn't knew if they can loose a small portion of their troops or majority :p Plus 90% injury on lethals means you loose twice as low as 80% so you might be alot more relaxed.
And was thinking to add a 2-3 eta return on mobs which landed to slow down the game a bit too.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
a plus eta to mobs that landed. interesting. it would be worked around in alliance attacks, but it'll definitely slow down the start of the game. the damage counter I like. The rest of your system I feel can only work in a game where only the acres counts.

I feel the same fear as the majority of the posters about insanely long rounds, but I'm still undecided. :)