• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Red title ideas

slowbicycle

Beginner
i agree, seeing as it makes it fairer. and simply: play 'unfair' (which can't be argued as it is in the manual) and you get punished.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i agree, seeing as it makes it fairer. and simply: play 'unfair' (which can't be argued as it is in the manual) and you get punished.

the other statements after the original suggestion were there to suggest that actually following those suggestions will not make the game any fairer/better or have less red titles.

u need to convince people with a carrot not a stick. punishing the bad = bad, rewarding and praising the good=good

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
if you have a red title, you're a tyrant, so the easy solution would be to add to the return time for all mobs (your staff is dragging their feet coming home).

dave

Harvester
if you have a red title, you're a tyrant, so the easy solution would be to add to the return time for all mobs (your staff is dragging their feet coming home).

i like this idea, the system of bounty for red titles doesnt appear overly effective. its rarely profitable. the bounty system should stay but maybe some other negative effects, such as increased return times, should be bought in.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The reason bounty doesn't work very well is because a lot of players don't have a choice about hitting honourably. They can either hit dishonourably or do nothing at all.

And bounty will be profitable if you do a decent attack. You can't expect every attack on a target with a bounty to be profitable. That just encourages incompetent attacking.

I think there are enough mechanics in place to discourage dishonourable play and no matter how ridiculous the punishment for doing it, it is still going to happen because the game wouldn't work any other way.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I'm with Ram on this, the only thing I agree with on this is the injuries/insurance thing.
Also, just because the bounty bit was mentioned again, I'm against the idea of getting bounty by defending, as the whole point about bounty hunting is kinda in its name - you have to actually hunt for it.

I kinda agree with Toby, i think there is only a certain amount of game mechanics you can introduce (to any issue not just this) before you need to realise that its up to the players to change the way they play if they think there is a problem. Its the same thing when suggestions come up for game-assisted resistances, people have to step up and do things after a point.

However if we were to add any additional game changes i agree with Davs, the only thing i see being reasonable and working is injuries/insurances.