• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Public id's

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Add a sign on rankings and search page for id's that are public, maybe in intel pages aswell since some might go public later in the round and it's unlikely you gonna press their acc all the time :p
Also add a search option for "public only" in search page.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
....why?
What benefit would this give?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
If you go public you want ppl to know who you are, and if the other guy has to check late in round for every id if he went public or not manually it defeats the whole purpose ?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Not really. The point of public profiles is so that anyone that wants to show who "the man behind the mask" (as it were) is, can do so, not so people can actively seek them out.

If you want to know who of your friends plays a specific ID then you can easily find out through the portal profiles page, providing he's public...

I just don't see how adding a flag to show someone's public will help anyone in anyway, apart from making finding targets slightly easier as you can instantly pinpoint who's public and who's not, and extrapolate from that when they're going to be online.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Not really. The point of public profiles is so that anyone that wants to show who "the man behind the mask" (as it were) is, can do so, not so people can actively seek them out.

I'm not sure what "the" point of public profiles is, i want to make myself public in last day or last 2 weeks or midround whatever with the intent as you say to show who's the man behind the mask. However atm it's like buying cheese in a fish shop. You just don't go there and see the cheese exposed, the only way you can know they also sell cheese is if you ask them, Hey i know this is a fish shop but you guys sell cheese today ? And you have to come back again and again to check :p
I might have been involved on attacks on several id's or i was killed and they want to show off and go public. However i have to randomly check their page to see they are public and that's unlikely to happen for a long time.

Weeble said:
I just don't see how adding a flag to show someone's public will help anyone in anyway, apart from making finding targets slightly easier as you can instantly pinpoint who's public and who's not, and extrapolate from that when they're going to be online.

If a player wants to be public he wants others to know who he is he doesn't care they can see who he is faster or slower, that's the whole point you want them to know, there's no reason to hide what you want to show ?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
However i have to randomly check their page to see they are public and that's unlikely to happen for a long time.
Is it not possible to just ask them? :?

If a player wants to be public he wants others to know who he is he doesn't care they can see who he is faster or slower, that's the whole point you want them to know, there's no reason to hide what you want to show ?
If a player has made his ID public then great, but it doesn't mean they necessarily want people to know, just that they don't mind if people find out.
If you really want to find out who someone is before they make themselves public at round end (or indeed at round end, you want to know) then chances are if you ask them in a message they'll respond in kind, and even make themselves public there and then.

You seem to be basing your argument on the fact that you have to keep re-checking people's ID pages to find out who someone is... kind of poor grounds to build an argument on, your laziness :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I don't think you really understand the scenario i'm reffering to :p

If i played active this round and i was killing and getting killed by players all over than i'd have some interest in seeing when they go public and they might also want to see when i went public who was the guy playing this account.
Now we are talking about 3 tba wings, chance, WH and maybe others. No way i'd ask each of them who they are or if they want to go public or when they go public. Just if at one point in the round one of them gets out of anonimity i want to see who was the guy playing the account.
There's no laziness or comodity involved, it's just practical to know when a person is public/went public instead checking/asking them all the time. We're not talking about 1-2 id's here but maybe hundreads.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I agree with DS.

There should be something that shows that the ID is public before you've actually clicked on it.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Perhaps a second option to be tagged as public. So you could be completely anonymous, have your profile public but not appear public in searches/world ranking, or have profile public and be tagged public in searches.

I agree that I'd like to be able to search for public IDs just for interest's sake, but I can see what Weeble is saying too.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I agree with DS.

There should be something that shows that the ID is public before you've actually clicked on it.

Weeble is arguing for the sake of it. Ofc if you set your ID public you want people to know who you are. what other point is there ?

If you are afraid of additional incoming I guarantee you wouldn't have set your id public to begin with .

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I'm actually just trying to understand exactly why DS was suggesting this. I actually mentioned to Azzer when testing that there should be some form of identification for people with public profiles but he had bigger issues to fix at the time. :)