Public allies ?

Public allies ?

• Total voters

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Well i kinda like the idea of public allies and Azzer seems to be concerned about players reaction about this so i thought to make a poll for lazy ppl to vote and others can maybe reply with a post aswell :p

Note that for next round fly overs will show the "spy" from last 15 minutes and i suspect almost complete alliance lists (of the active ones) will be availeble just a few hours in, given that first hours/days you need a large portion of your alliance to defend every inc. So why not make them public ?
I personally dislike the hidden bonuses and hidden formulaes and showing the aproximate acres and all that stuff :p

So the poll is simple - You want all allies (over say 10 members) to be public since start or keep them private ?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
20 members for priv allies, 25 for public.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I don't think there should be that much of an incentive, i mean, if i was an intelegant leader (haven't met the leader part yet ;P) i would start out private with 20, for say the first week or even just till spies were out, and have 5 people either set aside in other allies (no spies just moochers) or because i'd feel bad doing the first option play solo (or myself even be the solo) until things were decided/id lists were out, then get the 5 member boost out of going public and dominate even more than with the pure 20, now of course other alliances may do the same thing, i just think a 5 member boost is needed because the alliances going public would already be the skilled alliances and they would just get a even greater lead...

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Well, if we want everybody to go public how about the caps are set at 10 private/20 public. Not that any good alliance would stay private - but this way lower alliances have the choice to stay private if they have a small amount of members PLUS people wouldn't just be able to look at all the alliances, mark them down and then determine who was solo.

I voted yes just because of the pure awesomeness flak wars would be :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
like the idea, would worry about wings, i think the option to be private should be available
but personally wouldnt mind trying all go public next round. I would want no incentives though.

at least if public there would be no neeed for spies, would also be hard as some good players in an allaince may make a good start and be ahead early on but with all being public they would be ideal targets if people in the allaince couldnt grow at the same rate so this in turn would probably make it alot harder for allies not FTW, with less activity will be seen as targets straight off the bat.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Allys already are public in a sense once spies are out. With the addition of that new intelligence you can compile lists even sooner. Besides I hate having to constantly update ID lists, pain in the ass really. Make my life easier Azzman ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I support. Not just because of the main idea, but also because it will make the life of solos quite miserable at the start :p

Kuda

Official Helper
Well i kinda like the idea of public allies and Azzer seems to be concerned about players reaction about this so i thought to make a poll for lazy ppl to vote and others can maybe reply with a post aswell :p

Note that for next round fly overs will show the "spy" from last 15 minutes and i suspect almost complete alliance lists (of the active ones) will be availeble just a few hours in, given that first hours/days you need a large portion of your alliance to defend every inc. So why not make them public ?
I personally dislike the hidden bonuses and hidden formulaes and showing the aproximate acres and all that stuff :p

So the poll is simple - You want all allies (over say 10 members) to be public since start or keep them private ?

my main question is this. When you planning to be in an ally again :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Kuda tbh public allies would hurt darksider more than it would help, when someone goes to search for targets and they see alliance names next to everyone then they see one that doesn't have one ... BINGO SOLOOOO :) and everyone has a mad rush on him ;)

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
why not make it similar to how it was some many rounds ago...private alliance 18 max members and going public gives you 2 more spots open :)

there won't be such a huge boost, but enough to actually be able to make a difference

Steve_God

Official Helper
I'm in support of it.

My reason: It will increase the level of warring at the lower level alliances.

The top alliances are active, there is lots of defending going on constantly, the members rarely change and ID lists are easy to be collated from Spy scans.

The lower alliances are less active, there is less defending going on, therefore making it sometimes nearly impossible to find out even half an alliances ID list. Even more so if they don't use the Alliance HQ.
It will allow these lower allys to war more easily, and have a bit more 'competitive fun' in the lower ranks :)

Last edited:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've wanted pure public only alliances for a long time, to bring it more in-line with other games and because frankly it makes the game more accessible - atm if a group of new players from another game came to Bushtarion and made an alliance, and got incoming - they wouldn't have a clue who was attacking them. Which alliance has just declared war on them? How on earth do they fight back against this alliance? Etc. - kind of what Kuda mentioned too regarding the "mid-ranked" alliances - if they all know eachother's ID lists, then hopefully they'll have more politiccing and warrings going on between themselves, as they can't hide behind anonimity.

But the biggest issue for me is - solo players, and simply "revealing" them all to the world in one fell swoop like that. Perhaps that's simply needed now. Perhaps Bushtarion needs to move towards being alliance based, war based, and encouraging people that while they can play solo, it really isn't recommended and it'll be tough as hell - almost every other game requires you to join the equivalent of a guild, alliance, clan etc. to survive.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Solo lists are made in the first days anyway, and once spyes are out you can identify them easy. Now with fly over it's easyer than ever.
Just give solo's a bit of a helping hand droping the 1.45 ar multiplier and maybe work on a dynamic ar drop and it's all good. Solo's can survive first days off 1-2k acres :p

Steve_God

Official Helper
I personally don't think that solos would be affected in such a drastic way after the flak wars:
- If I'm looking for a target, I avoid solos at the risk of triggering AR and wasting a full 5 ticks, whereas for an allied player, they may get defence at eta 3, and then you can recall sooner knowing its a bad target.
- Solo can already be easily identified when spy scans are out due to news of government defence, or the simple lack of any defenders.

During flak wars however, it would MAJORLY punish solos as easy land targets.

A solution could be to have public allies come in at the same time through the round as alliance stats?

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
i like the idea but cant help but think its going to be bad for lower "less active" alliances. For the top 5 lets say it wouldn't be much trouble as there tends to be plenty of activity/contactability but the lower alliances will just get bashed so bad. I think its best just left to choice. Maybe just the top 5 alliances should be forced public?

antisback

Head Gardener
If you make alliances public you'll have to boost solo's in some way or another, whether that means reintroducing psolo or allowing pnaps to see each others inc i dunno, but solo play is pretty difficult as it is let alone if people could tell from world overview that they were solo