People who need the game to hold their hand + scorequeening

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Since I started playing the game, this is the thing that has annoyed me more than anything else. So, I've finally decided to post a gripe about it. :p

Why do people need the game to hold their hand so much? What I mean by this is why can't people make their own fun? Before H/F, Eff, Bounty etc, everyone used to moan that, if they didn't "win", the game was boring and they didn't have anything to do plus the "top" prevented them from having fun by constantly bashing them.

Did people seriously play this game solely with the intentions to either win or moan about getting killed if they didn't win? I make the game fun for myself by setting myself goals each round (which may vary throughout the round, depending how it plays out). This may simple be trying to be rank 1 in value or trying to get a certain stat, etc. It means I always have something to aim for. I find just killing random people extremely fun, it is a war game afterall. Yet people bloody moan about this. They moan when they get killed by a pure LET attack. Ffs, stop caring about your score and final rank (which nobody else gives a damn about) and have some fun! For example, Nikon and I started a 2 man resistance (which ended up being a ~50 man resistance :p) in r13 because we were quite bored and wanted to kill people for fun.

I think it was r14, or around then anyway, when bounty was introduced to "encourage" people to attack the top/give them something to play for. Imo, bounty was introduced just to satisfy some of the morons who needed the game itself to give them something to aim for. It was only with bounty that pure LET attacks really became popular as it was possible for people not to lose some of their precious score/rank by attacking. This, however, greatly increased the number of people whining about getting killed. Seriously, go play Viva Piñata if you don't want to get killed in a war game.

Then, with age 4, we had the creation of "effectiveness" (which isn't what it says on the tin. Despite people's views of what is effective being subjective, this is no way rewarded any effective tactics during the wars for the top). Effectiveness, to me, seemed to be the equivalent of giving awards/rewards to everyone participating in a competition (even those who game last) so they didn't feel bad about themselves and decide to quit. Again, people who can't cope with not winning really should be playing another game, or just give up on playing games altogether as they can't seem to find enjoyment in something which, by definition, is designed for amusement. Effectiveness, of course, led to even more whining about being killed by pure LET attacks.

Age 4.5, thankfully, led to the removal of effectiveness and bounty hunting (as we knew it). But guess what? This led to yet more god damned moaning because now people didn't have anything to play for. Seriously - what the hell? This was a good change for those who didn't like pure LET attacks (go play SimFarm ffs). And those players who had previously liked attacking for kills/bounty/eff could still attack for kills. But they still moaned because now the game didn't reward them for doing so. Make your own fun! If you only enjoyed attacking for kills before because either bounty made up for your losses or it gave you a secondary rank to aim for then you're a scorequeen and a moron.

I also want to female dog about people who think that the players at the top stop them from having fun. There has been a lot of whining this round about the powerblock and in past rounds about other powerblocks or alliances staying low to keep people in range etc. What the hell do you people want? To not have anyone attack/kill you? God damned scorequeens. Why shouldn't the people above you be able to attack you? Either do something about it or shut the hell up. And how does having incoming stop you from having fun? What do you play the game for? Is it purely so you can look at your troops/score at the end of the round and think you're awesome? And because you keep getting incoming, these numbers won't be quite so large which makes you sad?

Finally...people who sit on funds/seeds all round to end the round with a "good" rank. NOBODY GIVES A DAMN WHAT RANK YOU FINISH - ESPECIALLY if it's not top 10. And if you say you can't plant because you'll get too much incoming from the people above you - stop being a scorequeen. Just plant, get some funds, buy some troops and do something with them for FUN. That's what a game is supposed to be, afterall, fun. What's the point in playing if you login purely to save your pretty numbers, it's just a chore.

Anyway, end rant. :)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
99% of rounds you've sat on seeds ;)

Was gonna say the same thing but you replied for me.

What a load of crap. The only rounds I've sat on seeds/funds have been r16, r23, r26, r27 and r29.

16 and 23 I was rank 1 and kept relatively low incase anyone came into my range.

26 I was top 10 as a bunker and tried to keep low so I had as many targets in range as possible.

27 I was rank 1 for half the round and then I started working and basically didn't log in for the latter half of that round.

And finally, 29 I was pretty much never online for the last 2 weeks or so because of rl stuff.

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
Exactamondo Polo! when I semi killed myself for a 1k acres the other day i said i was staying cos it would be banter. i was bored, i said that i wouldnt recall, then someone flamed me in ally politics, my reply
who cares anyway? everytime im pranked online to send defence, i get told to recall cos its covered, or they have recalled. my troops have done nothing since we got ***** ****ed. try and be polite for once.
Besides it was Banterous :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I didn't read much of your gripe, most of your stuff is trolls or flames i just saw that part and found it funny how you have excuses for your seed whoring but anyone else does it they are noob gamer.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I didn't read much of your gripe, most of your stuff is trolls or flames i just saw that part and found it funny how you have excuses for your seed whoring but anyone else does it they are noob gamer.

Hence why you should read what you're replying to so you don't make yourself look like an utter moron.

Where is the flaming/trolling in my post? Grow up, please.

Finally...people who sit on funds/seeds all round to end the round with a "good" rank.

I merely pointed out that that's exactly what I didn't do during the rounds that I did sit on seeds.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Polo said:
Where is the flaming/trolling in my post? Grow up, please.

Twigley said:
I didn't read much of your gripe, most of your stuff is trolls or flames

...you should read what you're replying to so you don't make yourself look like an utter moron.

^^ Apply Quote 3 to yourself.

Reread your post. It quite clearly implies that you think my post is a troll/flame.

Anyway, as I said, this has nothing to do with my gripe so let's not go off topic anymore please.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I support this gripe.

And guess what, im sitting on seeds to save rank. Im score queening *****es!

Although, i dont complain when i get zeroed. And i am severely inactive :p

I wish i had more time to send attacks :( stupid uni

you only say this because you didnt have a chance to win this round, this time the enemey was smarter,better and bigger than you.

So when you realized you couldnt win you put your own goals to play for and thats good cause its not about winning, its about having fun with your friends, have those laughs when your attacks fail and you drop in score and land. Thats so fun, its even more fun when you have friends to share it with.

Afterall this is just a game, nothing to take seriously.

Im sure you play for fun after all the rounds you have been playing and you feel you have accomplished everything in this game so you just play for fun. Its ok.

BUT ffs not everyone plays for fun, everyone is not pussies like you. Me for example play for destroying other ppls fun. I really enjoy that. The best thing I know is when I get a in game message telling how boring life I must have when I attacking someone for 10th time in row. I really love being an asswhole against my enemies I want them to hate me, I mean really hate me. Thats the best part. Even here on the forum I love when ppl give me hate attention. Its so wonderful when anyone of the oldies trying to teach me about this game. roflmao lao.

I know im the best player, noone can land or kill me when im online. Im simply the best.

kk so really my fun comes from hate.

I dont wanna be another prick like everybody else. I simply love myself.

The diffrence from my post and yours is that im honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Landscape Designer
yes polo is mad that he didn't take advantage of many opportunities. however, this gripe is an old gripe that has been said before by him and many others.

every new age is all about the hand holding and coddling people who don't want to play. go back to your imba ezzmodes.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

you only say this because you didnt have a chance to win this round, this time the enemey was smarter,better and bigger than you.

That's the only reason I said all this? Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't want to win this round, I wanted to kill people for fun, which is exactly what I have been doing.

So when you realized you couldnt win you put your own goals to play for and thats good cause its not about winning, its about having fun with your friends, have those laughs when your attacks fail and you drop in score and land. Thats so fun, its even more fun when you have friends to share it with.

Afterall this is just a game, nothing to take seriously.

Actually, as I said, I played this round for kills, not for the win. But I do agree with the rest of what you said.

Im sure you play for fun after all the rounds you have been playing and you feel you have accomplished everything in this game so you just play for fun. Its ok.

You think I only play for fun now because I've played a lot of rounds? That's partially what I was trying to get across in my post. I only play when I'm having fun. If I'm not having fun I just won't play.

BUT ffs not everyone plays for fun, everyone is not pussies like you.

Again, the point of this thread. If you're not playing for fun, why the hell are you playing? And the latter part of that statement is contradictory: not everyone plays for fun and that means they're not pussies like me. What? Ignoring the contradiction, I'm not a pussy, that's the point of the post.

Me for example play for destroying other ppls fun. I really enjoy that. The best thing I know is when I get a in game message telling how boring life I must have when I attacking someone for 10th time in row. I really love being an asswhole against my enemies I want them to hate me, I mean really hate me. Thats the best part. Even here on the forum I love when ppl give me hate attention. Its so wonderful when anyone of the oldies trying to teach me about this game. roflmao lao.

So basically, you're a saddist?

I know im the best player, noone can land or kill me when im online. Im simply the best.

kk so really my fun comes from hate.

I dont wanna be another prick like everybody else. I simply love myself.

The diffrence from my post and yours is that im honest.

Libel...nice. Where was I not being honest in my post?

yes polo is mad that he didn't take advantage of many opportunities.

No, I'm not.

every new age is all about the hand holding and coddling people who don't want to play.

Exactly.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Actually, as I said, I played this round for kills, not for the win. But I do agree with the rest of what you said.

Um not that I agree with imbamode. But this statement is utter BS. If you want to edit and say that after you got your teeth kicked in you've played for kills... that's fine. But you put WH together to win this round. Unless you lied to all the oldies that you brought back... which is probably why we all left.

I'm all for this gripe, but details must be corrected.

Im not gonna arque against you but I can tell that from your post that you are jeolus on the ppl playing for score, land,troops and ranks.Whatever league that they perfrom better than you. Else you wouldnt have this fun factor attitude. Do you really think everyone plays for fun ? Do you really think everyone have a job cause they think its fun and not because to make good money from it ? Sorry but everyone have diffrent goals and values. Dont be so blind.

And cause of this your not being honest with yourself and to us.

Yes you can call me saddistic or whatever,whatever that makes you think you are better,smarter and cooler than me. Really I know im not perfect, I even spelled argue with q just so you could have something nice to say.

Does it make you feel better ?