• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nutter Route

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Bullsmeg.

Dogs would fire on my cheap shitty gards,SA would tear the non firing TLs and wimpy dogs all over the place.No one masses terros.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

You really aren't doing yourself any favours here.

People mostly mass TL and dogs so I'm ignoring the few terrorist.

Dogs would hurt if firing on pure SA but that wouldn't be the case.

I've read the manual enough to tknow the init's thanks

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

Have you ever played Dogs? They are an absolutely terror (lol). Try it in a PW, or in Havoc sometime, you would probably be unpleasantly surprised. And most people who play dogs generally know how to inflict maximum damage with their units. I would love to see someone last tick a proper thug with SAs (even with gards) and watch them get neither land, nor many troops back. It's a glorious sight.

You may have read the manual, but you clearly don't understand it. To compensate for not having PBs and Jeeps, people who play dogs generally have lots of all three units (if they have half a brain cell) and consequently last ticking them would be a disaster, even worse then attacking them on MID or FIRST tick. Not only that, but dogs are phenomenally cheap, and having a ton of them negates any advantages your "flak" would give you. Willy laid it out clearly, but you didn't seem to understand it. If you fight terrors and dogs on a last tick and aren't an armoured unit, you're literally dead meat. :p I really encourage you to try it some time. As an ex player with over 1billion dogs, I can give you some pretty good assurances that they are a violently unpleasant unit to face no matter how many of them there are. Reading the manual is well and good Stargazer, but understanding it is (arguably) more important. I'm no genius at this game (although I do have a few years of experience), there are others far smarter and better than me, but I have the good grace to listen to them when I'm wrong, and learn from them if I can possibly do so. This is an attitude you would be wise to pick up.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

Have you ever played Dogs? They are an absolutely terror (lol). Try it in a PW, or in Havoc sometime, you would probably be unpleasantly surprised. And most people who play dogs generally know how to inflict maximum damage with their units. I would love to see someone last tick a proper thug with SAs (even with gards) and watch them get neither land, nor many troops back. It's a glorious sight.

You may have read the manual, but you clearly don't understand it. To compensate for not having PBs and Jeeps, people who play dogs generally have lots of all three units (if they have half a brain cell) and consequently last ticking them would be a disaster, even worse then attacking them on MID or FIRST tick. Not only that, but dogs are phenomenally cheap, and having ton of them negates any advantages your "flak" would give you. Willy laid it out clearly, but you didn't seem to understand it. If you fight terrors and dogs on a last tick and aren't an armoured unit, you're literally dead meat. :p I really encourage you to try it some time. As an ex player with over 1billion dogs, I can give you some pretty good assurances that they are a violently unpleasant unit to face no matter how many of them there are. Reading the manual is well and good Stargazer, but understanding it is (arguably) more important. I'm no genius at this game (although I do have a few years of experience), there are others far smarter and better than me, but I have the good grace to listen to them when I'm wrong, and learn from them if I can possibly do so. This is an attitude you would be wise to pick up.

This.

tl;dr version: Any dog player should have a crap load of terrors.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I should also add that if you see a Dog player who's massed only Dogs and TLs, please oh please feel free to punish them to the fullest extent of your troops.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
What I don't understand is that terros only fire 30% at LET,how bad can that be!?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Are you for real?

I dont know if hes trying to troll to save face or doesnt understand that we are saying

using terrorists to kill the innocent gardeners flaking the sa allows the dogs to hit virtually pure sa before they even get to fire. Or for that point any unit that fires after them and isnt flakked with stuff more than innocents. Or isnt armour based.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Are you for real?

I dont know if hes trying to troll to save face or doesnt understand that we are saying

using terrorists to kill the innocent gardeners flaking the sa allows the dogs to hit virtually pure sa before they even get to fire. Or for that point any unit that fires after them and isnt flakked with stuff more than innocents. Or isnt armour based.

I simply didn't understand,no one mentioned the above.But dogs are firing on all,so I've sent a load of SA with a load of hippys/yobs,whats the plan now?

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Ok say I already have many million hippys to stop cyborgs as a solo SA...

Now can you answer me without another pointless sarcy comment?Just trying to learn...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'll have to put my oar in here and say that's little much. I'm all for a good roast, but it's gone a bit far now.

I use hippies to flak vs arsonists, and to disable Sgt before firing. They are used to effectively stop CG, and many other little wonders. It's very viable. And Yobs? Obvious Sgt sweep unit.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Sending lots of different types of units against an ALL targeting unit would be good, but leaves you open to possibly getting roasted by other routes. You won't only ever be targetting ALL firing units. If you buy loads of hippies/yobs at the expense of LETs, you are likely to get shattered by someone who has better troops/route. And arguably, it doesn't really matter *what* you send against dogs, if it's not heavily armoured, it's going to die horribly :p

If you sent a bunch of flak/SAs/Hippies/Yobs at a thug target and he last ticked you with Terrors and Dogs, assuming a relatively even battle, you would kill more dogs since you sent more units to help mitigate the "bite" of the Dogs, but it would still probably cost you more than you would gain, and certainly be more expensive than you'd want!

You'd have to send a lot of units to mitigate the power of the almighty attack dog :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Ok say I already have many million hippys to stop cyborgs as a solo SA...

Now can you answer me without another pointless sarcy comment?Just trying to learn...
Listen you can play how you like and mass what you want this all came about because i said normally blockers or armour defend against a dog/tl.

And we concerened ourselves with last tick as thats when nutters fire. Inkeeping with this now derailed thread. i said nutter could be used more productively preventing nlt bloking units firing rather than trying to stop armoured lethals. This is still true even with you using sa now instead of robo. But by jove wasting sa and mass hippy to try and kill a dog player last tick And at most you will just kill a few dogs after taking damage. Its not gonna be a decicive win. And all this hypothetical bs. Listen if you suddenly mass hippies ill suddenly throw in some bikers. If you get a pom to send as well to stop the dogs and allow you to kill my tl's, ill get some arsonist help. If you mass yobs next ill use hippys, pa and vds.

The game is rock scissor paper. the whole idea is that there are ways and means to get around these things. And im glad your actually realising this! But we cant spend the rest of this thread derailed to try and explain what you could work out for yourself. If you have a specific question just go to help and support. Also when some one does tell you something take it in. Try it out. Learn from them.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
3ol7sh.jpg