• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nutter Route

Davs

Garden Designer
Anyone else noticed how Dog Training is a construction whereas Lunatic Asylum is a research. Sneaky switcheroo perhaps?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
i think they're that way round for balance rather than anything else
to slow down teching of intel/geos with the rest of the route

as a guess at least
but yeah, would make sense them being the other way round, perhaps name change to Kennels and summit else for the Crazies :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Researching straitjacket side-effects.
Constructing dog barracks.

TRUE STORY

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Semi on the topic of this:

WHAT THE **** IS THE POINT OF NUTTERS?

They're definitely the most worthless unit of the game. They fire LATE, only on CLOSE and don't kill a damn thing. Nor do they really stop anything.

Max

Garden Designer
I think they had a 100:1 ratio on CWs. Loved those guys.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
They totally should have been targetting either straight all. Or nlt. Not lethal all.

But i agree £3,000 nutters firing all ticks was it? Much more fun. Had its uses against units targetting all thats for sure.

Max

Garden Designer
They totally should have been targetting either straight all. Or nlt. Not lethal all.

But i agree £3,000 nutters firing all ticks was it? Much more fun. Had its uses against units targetting all thats for sure.

Almost - it was £3k and targetted R/M. But I say make it target close as well and perhaps bump the price up to £6k, it would be a tremendous unit!!!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Almost - it was £3k and targetted R/M. But I say make it target close as well and perhaps bump the price up to £6k, it would be a tremendous unit!!!

8.5k ea if it's gonna be an NLT flak unit and fire all ticks, considering now we have way more NLT in the game than we did back then.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
LET/INN

strip geos for yobs. :D

Would be more useful for the cg id expect. Stripping after guru poms. And before yobs and sd.

But would rather have it as a unit to help you land imo. Terror Tl dogs isnt often last ticked unless by armour route or lot of flak assisting. But easy to block. Poms will soak up dogs and flak.but they could assist you landing if they just targetted all/nlt to disrup the sweepers though id settle for a compromise of nlt/inn :p not like they re ever gonna be enough of them in your army to be put to good effect last ticking lethals at that initiative

Then again they should have just made surfs an nld with a bit more ad. (so still vunerable to less used routes/ units eg auto/vd that are around at flak wars) and do what you say above with the nutters.

edd

Tree Surgeon
LET/INN

strip geos for yobs. :D

Would be more useful for the cg id expect. Stripping after guru poms. And before yobs and sd.

But would rather have it as a unit to help you land imo. Terror Tl dogs isnt often last ticked unless by armour route or lot of flak assisting. But easy to block. Poms will soak up dogs and flak.but they could assist you landing if they just targetted all/nlt to disrup the sweepers though id settle for a compromise of nlt/inn :p not like they re ever gonna be enough of them in your army to be put to good effect last ticking lethals at that initiative

Then again they should have just made surfs an nld with a bit more ad. (so still vunerable to less used routes/ units eg auto/vd that are around at flak wars) and do what you say above with the nutters.

Tbh, at that initiative they fire before CW and TD and apaches so that does help with being last ticked by armour which happens all the time (not sure what u r talking about :p).

Dogs go about 50:1 on CW so they are hopeless on LT. An AD buff on nutters would go a long way to making it a viable unit

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It isn't meant to fight AD - Routes were made with these vulnerabilities for a reason! Bring back the old Nutter - Fire all ticks, at 8.5k each. Simple.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Tbh, at that initiative they fire before CW and TD and apaches so that does help with being last ticked by armour which happens all the time (not sure what u r talking about :p).

Dogs go about 50:1 on CW so they are hopeless on LT. An AD buff on nutters would go a long way to making it a viable unit

I said not normally last tked, unless by armour, which is the opposite of what it appear you think i said? :p....

basically sa dont last tick dogs. Reason is obv. Only armour does. Or blockers. And the nutter is not going to be effective in a situation where you are facing armour. Because the amount of them i believe you need to make the nutter hoolie nld set up work as anti armour at both range and close limits your other unit ratios, forcing a very nld heavy set up. Also i was far more focused on dragons and rangers and marines. Though apache and cw have so much armour nutters would do jack to them is my guess, Nothing fires after them that needs thier stripping to any great extent so all in all that lethal targetting parameter is a waste or forces you to play so heavily nld you neglect your other units. Which if you do will just lead you to being blocked anyway. As such a much more versatile roll for the unit in my opinion would be for it to fill a niche and target like you say innocents for stripping. Or like i say. Armoured nlt to prevent sweeping of sd/stun/yobs as effectively. Or both. And be benifical to all play styles of that branch of the tl route.

Anyway i think most people think it should change. Either change it back or make it better. My point was meant to convey why let/inn. Such a waste of 70% of its firepower

Tl:dr even massing nutters and hoolis i doubt you stop cw/apache and definately not dragons. And even if you did they would just try to block you last tick... Get rid of the lethal targetting component of the unit. Replace it with anything better mentioned previously. Imo

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I would most deffo take on TL/dogs as an SA last tick :s

Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init
Sa = 260 init

Dog ratios:
3.00 killed 0.777 SA = 1:0.259 cost to kill one sa = 23 bil
5.00 killed 1.603 Ass = 1:0.321 cost to kill one ass = 16.1 bill

Good luck with that. Then again you wouldnt realise as you never attack alone. Or only fight with and against people who mass one unit. Never realising the true beauty of this game is from its subtle synergies. Sigh