• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nerf White Knights

timtadams

Landscape Designer
They currently rape flak (1:13-14) and just ruin nearly all of the good flak targets

Now if i want their land, i have to kill for it. So now, white knights are providing me with incentive to kill, rather than flak.

Also, they get great ratios on CG as well, so now CG are half as useful as they used to be, even since their nerf.

I think swap the order you get White Knights and White Wizards, or radically reduce damage.

I dont care if you are honorable. That doesnt mean you should be allowed to rape flak (imo). I am always honourable, i currently have almost 400k WK (on the odd occasion im not zeroed) and i still think they should be nerfed.

This effect is much more pronounced at the lower ranks where everyone has less troops.

Walking_Death

Harvester
Pretty sure someone has suggested to swap WKs and WWs before. I forget how it went and am too lazy to do a search, but I think that that is a good idea.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I agree. Makes far more sense to get a crappy let flak first and then the uber flak killer later.

Davs

Garden Designer
Old idea is old, please search forums for similar (identical) posts in future :p

On a more serious note, I completely agree with you.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
The fact that they die like flies outbalances them. on any easy target the number of WKs are usually low enough that you can kill them without triggering AR and flaking past allied players are never much of an idea. (Even small allies have someone able to rape flak or block flak LT)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Old idea is old, please search forums for similar (identical) posts in future :p

On a more serious note, I completely agree with you.

Sorry, didnt realise. Im usually good at checking for previoulsy suggested ideas :x

The fact that they die like flies outbalances them. on any easy target the number of WKs are usually low enough that you can kill them without triggering AR and flaking past allied players are never much of an idea. (Even small allies have someone able to rape flak or block flak LT)

if you are CG, you can flak allies. Unless you get screwed by white knights

This happened only a few hours after posting:

Battle Report - Attacking [At 60-70%]
[close] 2,703,608 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 2,228,287 allied staff.
[close] 792,786 hostile Sleeping Gas Trap attacked, disabling 2,475,787 allied staff.
[close] 500,000 hostile Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 420,739 allied staff.
[close] 6,453,721 hostile Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 4,144,846 allied staff.
[close] 2,898,539 hostile Hippy Van attacked, distracting 2,637,785 allied staff.
[close] 300,000 hostile Iron Golem attacked, killing 1,250,131 allied staff.
[close] 2,896,963 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 3,530,012 allied staff.
[close] 1,115 hostile Small Droid made some funny beeps and disabled 2,229 allied staff.
[close] 1,057 hostile Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 299 allied staff.
[close] 866 hostile Shock Trooper attacked, killing 2,958 allied staff.
[close] 346 hostile Humvee attacked, killing 94 allied staff.
[close] 600,000 hostile White Knight attacked, slaying 3,114,601 allied staff. - 1:5.2
[close] 6,093 hostile Apprentice attacked, killing 11,918 allied staff.
[close] 80,692 hostile News Van attacked, distracting 284,635 allied staff.

Distracted: 9,716,591 [£43,388,692,800] friendlies distracted.
Disabled: 6,008,028 [£26,261,803,200] friendlies disabled.
Died: 4,379,702 [£19,793,949,000] friendlies dead.

Thats with 4 people defending (excluding target)

I would have been through if it werent for WK.

And at lower ranks, which is where i usually am, you can flak plenty of people with normal gardeners. Thats what i do on most of my attacks. But if they have WK, which so many of them now do, forget about it.

I like to keep my LETs home to defend.
Now i have to kill my target, and risk not being able to defend effectively.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I agree. Makes far more sense to get a crappy let flak first and then the uber flak killer later.

Agreed. I remember when they first came in and i thought that was how it worked even during testing...i dont know why its the other way round.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think the original topic was more to do with scaling? and when they fired early?
i mean wk are brilliant flak even if they die. and ww too and they dont die. i think the original topic started off talking about somethign else and got derailed.

but yeah either switch thier order, or have it at least some what moderated with respect to troop score. thats the main issue. (as otherwise the same problem will occur, but only for really honourable people)

if you die alot get picked on alot sure you should have a ncie flak killer to help... but at such low cost if you end up with 1m ww and 2.5m wk and only have 2million - 3million lethals yourself because of your size you are instantly like a power house because they are so cheap... and it is most likely lower ranks who will have the wk/ww

another alternative raise thier cost marginally. that way at least your score does increase to some extent.....but switching them doesnt seem like the best possible solution though its an easy fix