• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Make Lawfullness visable again

SentiNell

Weeder
I did restart and from the start when I attacked someone I had between 50-70% injury.....now a few days later I suicede some troops, 1 batch on a -1ETA rush target and the other batch on a -2eta rush target. From the -1eta target i recieved around 25% injury (that is including the 5% for solo) and from the -2ETA target I recieved around 65%.

That clearly isn't the maximal amount anymore and basically means that I can as well start hitting low full time and do repeat attacks all over as much lower then 25% injury i won't get, but the targets are way more easy. And succesfully attacking -2ETA targets is as good as impossible so not very viable.

Only by suiciding my staff I had an idea of how bad my injury rate would be. So can lawfullness in some form be brought back (as injury rate is bound to that) just as a indication of where you stand on terms of injury return. Maybe only visable to yourself or maybe a direct display of what your current injury rate is. Maybe also visable to the rest of the world in the form of the titles we used to know so that when you attack a person you also know what his injury rate approximatly might be. Killing red titled players will be more profitable (not really the right word for it) as they won't get as much injury back. As the injury recieved from defending should also be affected by your lawfullness. This brings back the incentive to not attack that low anymore and try and keep up your lawfullness.

But at the very least I would like to have an indication of what to expect for injury rate when attacking.

\from my restart I have tend to attack more lawfull then i used to do, but I have attacked a few times towards the 40% range, mostly was around the 70% range and the other few attacks have been on 70%+ targets. But ther also have been repeat attacks on players around my 70% range. At the current state I have no clue how bad this is for my injury rate. If it can be seen how worse the effect is on that then I might have even hit more upwards or don't do the repeat attacks.

Hope this all makes a bit of sense.

Souls

Official Helper
Re: Make Lawfullness visable again

Lawfulness and fame was one of the best concepts, IMO. It discouraged bashing, and worked to an extent, and gave a good indicator of how a person's playstyle was. It also enabled bounty, which I want to see return. :p

It could use a few tweaks here and there, but I'd love to see it come back.

tomtree

Head Gardener

i dunno bout this, i enjoy the fact that there is no lawfullness, as it allows me to rape small people, not nice, or even good for the game, but easy land for me. however, i can see how this can work the other way, and lead to huge bashings with little or no consequence, so i hear where you are comming from. tbh the most fun i ever had playing bush was at the end of age 3 and the beggining of age 4. i think we do need l/f, and bounty hunting, etc, but i dont think that they should be a major part of the game. i also dont like eff, i think it should be scrapped. :D

SentiNell

Weeder

Tomtree - Lawfullness is not gone, it works on the background and is tied to injury as far as I understand. My request is to make it visable again in one form or the other (private or public) so that you can have an idea of your injury return rate. It wouldn't change a thing to how it works now, just make it visable.

If it is visable and you are quite focussed on keeping a high injury return then you should keep doing lawfull attacks adn you then have an idea if you are doing it right or not. If you don't mind your injury return then you can keep doing what you do now as you will have the same crappy return as you have now.

Nonny

Harvester

SentiNell how certain are you of the existence of the link? Is it an intended link not implemented yet?

I'd dearly like to know for sure if there is currently a link or if a link is planned.

tomtree

Head Gardener

SentiNell said:
Tomtree - Lawfullness is not gone, it works on the background and is tied to injury as far as I understand. My request is to make it visable again in one form or the other (private or public) so that you can have an idea of your injury return rate. It wouldn't change a thing to how it works now, just make it visable.

If it is visable and you are quite focussed on keeping a high injury return then you should keep doing lawfull attacks adn you then have an idea if you are doing it right or not. If you don't mind your injury return then you can keep doing what you do now as you will have the same crappy return as you have now.

you say that it is still in the game, yet so far i have been hitting loads of people at 40%, and doing repeat attacks constantly, yet i am still getting good injury rates (admittedly i only just signed back up a few days ago), but if the system still exists then why is this? i mean sure there may be a slight essance of it, but we are really pretty much going back to age 3 where bashing was the best tactic with almost no repricussions.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Atm you get crap injury in attacks even if you attack lawfull. It's a bit bugged and Azz will look into it. But indeed in the second part of the changes l/f should be somehow visible imo aswell so you have an ideea what's happening and what to expect in terms of injury/ land grabs.

But i'm with Souls here .. i think l/f was great concept, just needed some small tweaks :(