• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

If I were to start bushtarion from scratch I would...

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've not read any of the posts here but I wanted to chuck one in.

Disallow NBS and not allow Polo to make a re-make. It promoted laziness = bad.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
alot of solos also end up portalling or what have you cuz someone or someones in a rank 1 or 2 (or sometimes both) alliance let them live. as was the case with toast and his pnaps last round. (cept for zhouj and edd)

Actually, this was more down to general laziness/incompetence by the time they had grown substantially enough to be targetted by enough of the more useful members.

Zhouj was also in HC last round, not solo.

sigh. zhouj was attacking edd at the end of the round. not that zhouj was solo.

didn't think i'd have to clarify further, but here we have it. :/

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
So you don't have to clarify upon a comment within brackets that is seemingly connected to the statement "...let them live. as was the case with toast and his pnaps last round."? Alright then.

See, now to any normal human being with a grasp of English grammar, the implication made here is that Zhouj and Edd were solo's that WERE targetted, unlike toast and his other PNAP. Much like they're/their/there can adjust implication and meaning, brackets can have a profound impact on the understanding and meaning of a statement. You don't stick them willy-nilly anywhere, then simply expect others to understand what you mean.

The point is, if you make a statement that is that poorly worded & gramatically flawed, then you should expect people to want clarification/adjustment on what you have said - Rather than becoming pissy and sarcastic and pretending that it was in any way understandable in the first place. It's a really simple thing to do, you know.

Toast

Pruner
alot of solos also end up portalling or what have you cuz someone or someones in a rank 1 or 2 (or sometimes both) alliance let them live. as was the case with toast and his pnaps last round. (cept for zhouj and edd) however for the most part toast and his pnaps were given a wide berth to grow and do what they wanted.

ed and I got attacked frequently actually. Ed died about three weeks before round end to a brutal slaying. Thomas constantly SAS'd himself on Ed, Gufffff had uber Rpg's/snipers, and IoF triggered (once) , Godsend sent on me a couple times and he was a lot lower than me. There were only a couple people who could of taken me one on one. But that wasn't going to happen, because Ed and I had excellent teamwork and contactability. I kept masa out of range for the most part, and until I grew zhouj was out of range. When we got into zhouj's range, he stole probably near 10k acres in 72 hours from both ed and I keeping our AR high.

However, a little politics were being played. We "rode the fence" on usefulness. R2 and R3 allies both needed/wanted us to hit Rank 1. And each ally also wanted the other dead by our armies. The truth was we were hard to catch. You weren't going to kill us as Ed and I had 24 hour coverage on each other and our other smaller PNAP. So attacking us would only net you land in which zhouj was the only one who seemed like he wanted it.

Last edited:

edd

Tree Surgeon
alot of solos also end up portalling or what have you cuz someone or someones in a rank 1 or 2 (or sometimes both) alliance let them live. as was the case with toast and his pnaps last round. (cept for zhouj and edd) however for the most part toast and his pnaps were given a wide berth to grow and do what they wanted.

i see it as rewarding poor game play.

To make a more aggressive (bordering on arrogant because i can't think of a better way to put it) addition to what Toast said, if there was poor game play then it was coming from the alliances for not being able to kill/landrape us (yes I'm generalising as specific players wouldn't have had the right routes blahblahblah). Though I would prefer to see it as us playing well rather than them not.

P.S. If I were to start bushtarion from scratch i would let people have 2 character length account names as the minimum because my name is ed not edd :'(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
So I was reading this page without seeing anything wrong then corumba or w/e posted. Had to re read to wonder why the reaction ! ._ .

Terrakan

Harvester
You could drop this rate significantly with an increase in the social aspects of the game, with a playerbase willing to teach and group together randomly to form new friendships, meet new people etc. Solo play is actually probably not a benefit to decreasing the dropout rate.

If memory serves me correctly Steve_god did this around round 33 with his alliance boot_camp he took a core group of players that were willing to teach people the game and then only took in new people to help them understand the game (they finished around 6th or 7th I think) so it did work for that round

On a side note if anyone would like the original bushtarion coding (the plantarion codes) (before azzer made it the game we love) send me a pm as I have it :D

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You could drop this rate significantly with an increase in the social aspects of the game, with a playerbase willing to teach and group together randomly to form new friendships, meet new people etc. Solo play is actually probably not a benefit to decreasing the dropout rate.

If memory serves me correctly Steve_god did this around round 33 with his alliance boot_camp he took a core group of players that were willing to teach people the game and then only took in new people to help them understand the game (they finished around 6th or 7th I think) so it did work for that round

On a side note if anyone would like the original bushtarion coding (the plantarion codes) (before azzer made it the game we love) send me a pm as I have it :D

I get uncomfortable when I see old posts of mine. Some of them are nonsense, others are bastions of sense and logic. Got lucky this time. ;)

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
sorry didn't bother to take the time to read any post beyond the first. I figured it would amount to the same BS. Was I wrong?
In keeping with the thread topic;
I would limit Dax to a total of <3 words per post on forums and pols and his nick would count towards the count.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
sorry didn't bother to take the time to read any post beyond the first. I figured it would amount to the same BS. Was I wrong?
I would limit Dax to a total of <3 words per post on forums and pols and his nick would count towards the count.

And in rides James on the aged horse of retardation to put in his measly (and very-outdated) 10c - Piss off back into obscurity. There's a good man.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon

And in rides James on the aged horse of retardation to put in his measly (and very-outdated) 10c - Piss off back into obscurity. There's a good man.

rofl you are just too easy :lol: