• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

If I were to start bushtarion from scratch I would...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Okay, who is this guy?

Does it matter? Judge him on what he says rather than his name. I think his post was fairly sensible.

Seriously, why on earth does it matter if you've heard his name before. It's good if we have people who don't often come into the forums and don't have a recognizable name come here to give their input, we need a new perspective around here sometimes. This is exactly why people say the community isn't welcoming to new players.

+1, though I have a feeling it may well be an existing long-term player in another guise.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Okay, who is this guy?

Does it matter? Judge him on what he says rather than his name. I think his post was fairly sensible.

Seriously, why on earth does it matter if you've heard his name before. It's good if we have people who don't often come into the forums and don't have a recognizable name come here to give their input, we need a new perspective around here sometimes. This is exactly why people say the community isn't welcoming to new players.

Woah woah wtf? I didn't say a word against him. Perhaps yall should stop assuming the worst. I was merely trying to point out that I've no idea who he is, yet he talks about the game as if he's been playing for ages. I didn't say he didn't make sense, I didn't say that because I don't recognize him that his point is invalid.. YOU DID..

Now bugger off. It was a fair question.

on a side note - I'm really surprised how much it irritates me to see a post that's so far off its mark, it makes me wonder if you bothered to read anything at all or if you just saw my name and started talking out your back side.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
My apologies, but it sounded like all you cared about was his name rather than his view. If you want to avoid that misunderstanding in the future you could embellish your post with something else so it doesn't appear so dismissive and elitist.

bluehen55

Harvester
My apologies, but it sounded like all you cared about was his name rather than his view. If you want to avoid that misunderstanding in the future you could embellish your post with something else so it doesn't appear so dismissive and elitist.

That's pretty much how I read it, a post simply saying "Okay, who is this guy?" still sounds pretty dismissive to me. Sorry if I read it wrong, but without any other context that is definitely how I would interpret it.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I read it as LS intended it.
+1 For me :D

P.s. Generic picture responses FTW.

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
P.s. Generic picture responses FTW.

arguecat.png

Coruba

Head Gardener
Would be nice to have a world ranking feature for solos - maybe not based on there round name but maybe on their username?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Would be nice to have a world ranking feature for solos - maybe not based on there round name but maybe on their username?

Yeah I think this has been discussed, and a top 5/10 portal was mostly agreed upon. An idea that should have been implemented a long time ago, really.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Yeah I think this has been discussed, and a top 5/10 portal was mostly agreed upon. An idea that should have been implemented a long time ago, really.

Presumably like Alliance Stats, the rankings wouldn't actually kick in until a bit into the round? So solos weren't inordinately targeted before intel really "allows" it?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
meh it wasn't initially done cuz azzer didn't want to promote solo play. it's an alliance game with solo capability. tbh, screw solos. i still wouldn't put it in.

Coruba

Head Gardener
So in other words Garrett even though it might be nice for solos to see their names in lights and give them something to play for which may encourage them to stay longer why should we bother?

You are so right - we don't need them anyways. Yeah right.

Maybe you could rephrase your comment to

"Although I do not agree with the above comment it might be worth looking into especially if it were to help grow the player base of the game"

i.e. constructive comment.

Maybe it is time I became a forum moderator.......

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Presumably like Alliance Stats, the rankings wouldn't actually kick in until a bit into the round? So solos weren't inordinately targeted before intel really "allows" it?

It would be better if only solos could see their rank, (and their rank only) until round end when, when all would become visible. I personally love eating solo land, but I don't think we should make it anymore difficult for them :p some folks are still too lazy to find solo themselves.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Good idea in theory just go solo at beginning - get list then go allied. Apart from that I like your thinking.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
So in other words Garrett even though it might be nice for solos to see their names in lights and give them something to play for which may encourage them to stay longer why should we bother?

You are so right - we don't need them anyways. Yeah right.

Maybe you could rephrase your comment to

"Although I do not agree with the above comment it might be worth looking into especially if it were to help grow the player base of the game"

i.e. constructive comment.

Maybe it is time I became a forum moderator.......

anyone can come at me with a high and mighty attitude. doesn't make you a forum mod as we already have dark angel. low hanging fruit and all that.

there is no reason to encourage solo play. it's an alliance game with solo features. to encourage solo play would undermine a major feature and basis for this game to begin with.

if you want to be solo and see your name in lights simply say 'for 5 bc's i want a u win button'.

again in short, i don't think solo play should be encouraged more than it already has become to be so, and drop the piety. you aren't that cool.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Lol - someone doesn't like constructive criticism eh?

This is a typical forum response. Its like hitting ones head against a brick wall really.

I am not disagreeing with your comment only that it could be worded slightly differently to better voice your concerns rather then target solos and say they are basically a waste of space in this game. (Lets hope they spend there money elsewhere rather then supporting this game and help to keep it alive a bit longer type attitude)

If Magpie only does one thing to this game it should be to get rid of those players with over-inflated ego's that post on the bulletin board.

At least the three posters being Lucky, Alci and Dax said something worth saying.....thanks guys.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
worth is a matter of opinion. fortunately yours isn't the one counting :)

Coruba

Head Gardener
I am not saying he is wrong - just word it better. Nothing is more uninviting to a new/newish player then being told don't bother playing solo whilst you figure out the game we don't want you here.

If you can't say something constructive don't say anything at all.