How to flack ?

Karstafari

Beginner
I'v been playing Bushtarion for something like two years now and I still don't know how to flack! :D

Okei, for example if I send gardeners and geo-phys thiefes do I need to send geo-phys units first and after three ticks gardeners ? Becouse they have different ETA:s ? Am I right?

And as you can see englinsh is not my native language. :roll:

Karstafari

Bored

Pruner
Re: How to flack ?

Karstafari said:
I'v been playing Bushtarion for something like two years now and I still don't know how to flack! :D

Well, today's the day you're going to learn!

Karstafari said:
Okei, for example if I send gardeners and geo-phys thiefes do I need to send geo-phys units first and after three ticks gardeners ? Becouse they have different ETA:s ? Am I right?

No, if you send a mob of units that contains both gardeners and geo-phys, they will both move at the eta5 speed of the thieves. The game has all the units in a mob move at the speed of the slowest unit in the mob.

The simplest way to understand flakking is to read the flak guide in the manual. The only other advice I can give you is to start trying it out! (once the christmas break is done of course :p ) Remember, if at 1st you don't succeed, try again ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Well I'm not going to point you for a 3rd time to the manual.

You say english isn't your first language, and it is noticeable and that's ok. You got your point across, but please don't be shy if you do not comprehend fully what is written as advice in english.

There are tons of players who think they are 'good' players because of the alliance they are in but can't steal 1 acre without being on an ally attack or being told what to send on every attack.

To me you can never be a great player without understanding some of the basic fundamentals such as attacking. So first goto the manual, if you are having trouble interpreting come back here, or put out a general message and see if any players speak thy native tongue and see if you can get some help that way.

Jorizz

Pruner

Honestly Davis, that page is the worst and horribly confusing :p

If you don't understand the english written in the manual and your native language is dutch(?), drop me a PM or catch me on IRC and I'll explain the lot to you in dutch :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

find a bot

eg B21 of the Bots (this is not a real bot DONT try finding it its an example). send 15,000,000 gardeners and 20,000 wheelbarrowers or 10,000 geophys thiefs.

you will 9 times out of ten be succesful.

or be more clever

if you have the unit "politicle briber". find a bot that has no lethals yet. and has just hippies and yobs. send 500,000 political bribers. 1,000,000 gardeners and 10,000geephys thiefs or 20,000 wheelbarrows

the bot will run away last ticket(attacking for 3) if you send that unit type to a bot with only hippies yobs(nlds and nlts). and it WILL RUN EVERY TIME. (unless azzers changed it)

once you have done it once you will see how it works, and can go for real people. bots make good practice targets. as they dont attack back.

also for your first attack search on the search page for bots in the company name and 30 in the Attack Range Min % >= *:
you probably have managed it by now and if you havent this may help you see how it works

once you know how it works you will see how much flack hippys/yobs stop. look at how people do it to you.
spy them and hack them. you could try joining an allaince if still stuck. even with poor english many alliances/people want players in different countries